It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not an Alien sent to save me.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
AnthraAndromda; 64 years old, computer programmer, and an alien.

angrysniper; 64 years old, computer programmer, and not an alien.

All we need now is to find out that they both are practitioners of magic, and there will be true balance in the Force.

Yeah I noticed that too. I'm starting to wonder if angrysniper is taking the piss out of Anthra and having a good chuckle.

IRM

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

angrysniper, please explain this if you will?

"NO ONE IS SOMEHOW 'SPECIAL' OR 'SUPERIOR' to humanity simply because they have grown more spiritually. Those who are 'spiritually superior' by your definition simply live out their lives, and try to leave whatever world they participate in better than it was when they got there."

You claim that NO ONE is special or superior to humanity, but yet you state.........."Precisely. We are spiritually superior, by definition".

Which is it? You are, or your not.

Now mind you, it doesn`t take a "brain" to figure out that any life form, that IS far more spiritually advanced then those on Earth would even utter a sentence like that, and yet be contradictory in the way it`s stated.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I like that way of thinking; one being the deliberate antithesis of another.

Forgot to mention; they are both gamers, too.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This thread is STILL going?

"Many hunters beating dead horse with clubs."

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Before I begin I would like to point out that I'm running on very little sleep, so I may not be as coherent as I could be in this reply.

Originally posted by Beamish

I am a human, born on earth, by two human parents…In the context that we are having this discussion I was under the impression that it was assumed that 'alien' referred to a biological entity with components not of this world. By that definition, no, I am not an 'alien', nor is anyone else who professes to be.

Ok, so you’re human by birth, but believe that your intellect, acumen and advanced understanding of all things important makes you alien – special - in mind only.

That’s clearer.

Should have made it plain in the first place.

Precisely.

The contentious issue is what defines 'alien', biological distinctions or distinctions of consciousness?

Those of us who are 'alien' in the sense that I am describing will not go around claiming to be, nor do I. I am human, as human as you are.

You used the word contentious. Interesting terminology.

The definition of contentious is akin to something being debatable, or arguable. If you are alien in mind, and hopefully provably so in debate and knowledge (and please God hard evidence), then what is there to argue about? Either you are, or you ain’t. Your terminology seems a little askew, rash, and not for the first time.

There is no need for an argument.

That’s disturbing for someone who’s meant to “gradually shift” our perceptions.

How do you mean to accomplish that if you cannot communicate your point succinctly and without bias?

I mean to accomplish that gradually, subtlely and over the entire period of my lifetime, as do all others who have arrived at this particular time in history for similar purposes. Whether I go about that by being succinct and direct, or vague and sleep deprived, is entirely up to me. In this thread, we have a little of both.. however I am not attempting to shift anyone's perceptions here. I merely wish to clarify some points, particularly about the nature of mind and how that relates to the misconceptions of the OP about 'aliens.'

And there’re some pretty sweeping statements there about other claimants to the title of resident ATS alien. Have you met AnthraAndromda? He’s a wolf, you know.

No, I have not met him, nor read his posts. I also see some of the posts after yours that say he is also 64 and a computer programmer.. which is quite ironic. However, I do not consider myself to be a 'computer programmer'. I am a web designer. I make and style websites, help small businesses establish a web presence, etc. My profession more akin to marketing than programming.

I'm a human, sent here to watch you, gradually shift your perceptions and ALLOW FOR you to either save or destroy yourselves.

That. Is. Not. What. You. Said.

No, it is not what I said.

You said cause. Deny it.

I do not deny it.

Cause; instigate, trigger, initiate. Changing the wording now is, and correct me if I’m hopelessly wrong here, back-tracking. Once again, you’re communication skills are proving to be flawed.

Yes, I replaced the word "cause" so that my statement more accurately reflected what I was attempting to convey. My communication skills may indeed be flawed, but I'm only human, no pun intended.

We are spiritually superior, by definition, because we have chosen to make sacrifices to be here with you now, in order to help you.

What sacrifices?

The sacrifice of choosing to live on earth during this period in its history as opposed to somewhere/when else, among others. Of course, if you do not understand the concept of being able to choose, or have some say in the life you live before you are born, then this would sound like meaningless "dribble."

Define spiritually superior. Superior to whom, precisely? Let me hazard a guess as to what you are...indigo?

I would define spiritually superior, not in the sense of being better in some way than another, but more understanding about the natural flow of actions and reactions, causes and effects, within existence. One who I would define as 'spiritually superior' flows with life, rather than against it.

Hopefully my last comment clarified what I was attempting to convey.

There you go with the clarification again. I would like to think that any superior intellect – alien or not – that is here specifically to “help” humanity in such dire times wouldn’t need to have to clarify any point it makes.

My mind may be alien, but my brain certainly is not. Thoughts frequently overlap and thus require clarification. A mind, no matter how alien or more evolved spiritually, is still limited by the ability of the vessel to communicate the intention of the mind (or spirit).

Some of his statements (Mr Mask’s), as well as questions, conveyed the feeling of an incitement to argument, which is what I'm trying to avoid. I did not intend to be condescending, however if I was, I apologize.

Did you honestly think that you wouldn’t receive responses that would disagree with your declarations? Didn’t do your homework, did you?

Disagreement is not the same as intentionally trying to incite an argument, and personally attack the character of the other party in a discussion.

Your reaction was, to say the least, spectacularly unsympathetic to someone who doesn’t believe you. And, for a “spiritually superior” being, you exhibited a disappointing level of dismissive aggression.

I am an aggressive person.

It would be nice to think that advanced minds would have managed to emulate – or even maintained - the simple achievements of pacifist humans and refuse to be drawn by anything that attempted to counter their beliefs.

Pacifism, even among more evolved civilizations, is not always the best course of action. A developed civilization, or even a 'single' being, does not limit itself to one particular philosophy or mode of operation. A civilization unwilling to defend itself, for example,

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
will quickly be destroyed by a civilization that is by comparison unevolved, yet willing to destroy the other so that it may continue to exist.

If some of us simple, spiritual, Humans can do that, why can’t you?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
For a web designer, the "quote" function seems to baffle you.

LEARN TO QUOTE POSTS CORRECTLY or stop using the simple "standard" editing tool.

Also...so you are one of the "silly" folks who think using Video-game guns are actually "teaching you to shoot". Funny guy...you knuckle head! You are adorable.

Hey...do you think you are here to meet another 64 year old programmer, who also games, just so you both can get together and build a happy life together, away from us "rational" folks?

Sigh...you come in babbling like you think yourself a profit. You call ignorance on people who "just don't eat up fisher-price-my-first-pontifications". You back-track at every turn but keep plowing forward with little care for what you lay down.

And you are STILL here?

Ok...fine...welcome. I welcome you to "my" thread. You are my guest, and as my guest I offer you a seat amongst us.

But if you are going to stay...you are going to be filed to one side or another.

You have two choices, and one will be assigned to you if you fail to choose one.

1)You are just a little odd and Misunderstood. You have "no reasons" to find yourself to be an alien (this also goes for possessed by an alien, channeling an alien, half-alien, or anything remotely related). You understand why you got the greeting you did, because you were playing the "all holy deep guy" when in actuality you were not dropping anything but things we all SHOULD have learned in Freshman Year Psychology, and a bunch of garbage that could have been written in a less "mystical" way, instead of trying to impress the cyber-verse with "riddles and rhetoric". You CAN play well with others, and support factual evidence over "fantastical claims with no proof".

Or you may pick-

2)I am an alien or some thing like that. I have some power or ability that humans do not have. I am part of an agenda that knows about aliens and is in contact with (or awaiting another transmission). I am very lucky to know more about aliens from space, because I am on the "secret inside" of it all. My DNA may also be magical...

Pick one...or don't. Either way, you are going in one phylum.

Oh ONE MORE THING....stop acting like you are above the "maturity" of anything happening here. You know where you are...you know what this thread is about...you are on a site where almost ANYTHING can be learned down to its tiniest of parts.

AND YET YOU CAME TO POST IN THIS THREAD...with its OH so mature title.

Yeah...the NIN fanboy with the video-games teaching him "iron sites" IS too mature for what he is getting put on him here. Sure...and I'm too "nice" to be the Pope.

If you are going to stay...stay like family...We don't need ANOTHER lying nut-job trying to sell his quackery as "poetic" or "insightful".

Stop with the sensitive "maturity" crap...you taking shots right back at those shooting at you, you angry little sniper. So don't act as if you're taking the moral-high-road while us swine are bobbing for road apples in a trench of our own filth.

I hope I have made MYSELF clear with you.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
No I am not an alien.

This post had six hundred sixty six replies before me so I'm gonna remedy that now.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

They say after 666...the evil one will come.

I knew it was you...

wow...Six hundred and sixty six posts...where does the time go?

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
For a web designer, the "quote" function seems to baffle you.

LEARN TO QUOTE POSTS CORRECTLY or stop using the simple "standard" editing tool.

No.

Also...so you are one of the "silly" folks who think using Video-game guns are actually "teaching you to shoot". Funny guy...you knuckle head! You are adorable.

Actually, I happen to shoot first and play FPS games second. I like FPS games (particularly project reality, which is as close to the real thing as possible.. and by real thing, I mean accurate simulations of firearms, such as the ar15, which I own) because I can't always get to the range living in the city. I also reload my own ammunition, so I'd like to think I know a bit more about firearms than the average 20 year old peon who plays call of duty all day and eventually is dumped by his girlfriend because he won't get a job.

Hey...do you think you are here to meet another 64 year old programmer, who also games, just so you both can get together and build a happy life together, away from us "rational" folks?

Your immaturity is showing again.

Sigh...you come in babbling like you think yourself a profit. You call ignorance on people who "just don't eat up fisher-price-my-first-pontifications". You back-track at every turn but keep plowing forward with little care for what you lay down.

Do you mean prophet?

And you are STILL here?

Ok...fine...welcome. I welcome you to "my" thread. You are my guest, and as my guest I offer you a seat amongst us.

But if you are going to stay...you are going to be filed to one side or another.

You have two choices, and one will be assigned to you if you fail to choose one.

Actually, its my thread now. Thank you for getting it off the ground though.

1)You are just a little odd and Misunderstood. You have "no reasons" to find yourself to be an alien (this also goes for possessed by an alien, channeling an alien, half-alien, or anything remotely related). You understand why you got the greeting you did, because you were playing the "all holy deep guy" when in actuality you were not dropping anything but things we all SHOULD have learned in Freshman Year Psychology, and a bunch of garbage that could have been written in a less "mystical" way, instead of trying to impress the cyber-verse with "riddles and rhetoric". You CAN play well with others, and support factual evidence over "fantastical claims with no proof".

No.

Or you may pick-

2)I am an alien or some thing like that. I have some power or ability that humans do not have. I am part of an agenda that knows about aliens and is in contact with (or awaiting another transmission). I am very lucky to know more about aliens from space, because I am on the "secret inside" of it all. My DNA may also be magical...

No, that doesn't fit either.

Pick one...or don't. Either way, you are going in one phylum.

Well at least you remember something from 6th grade biology.

Oh ONE MORE THING....stop acting like you are above the "maturity" of anything happening here. You know where you are...you know what this thread is about...you are on a site where almost ANYTHING can be learned down to its tiniest of parts.

AND YET YOU CAME TO POST IN THIS THREAD...with its OH so mature title.

Yeah...the NIN fanboy with the video-games teaching him "iron sites" IS too mature for what he is getting put on him here. Sure...and I'm too "nice" to be the Pope.

Well, since you're incapable of making a logical argument, at least so far, I'm just going to ask you once again to write more legible paragraphs.

What he is getting put on him here? Really, y'don't say? What exactly do you mean by 'teaching him iron sights'?

If you are going to stay...stay like family...We don't need ANOTHER lying nut-job trying to sell his quackery as "poetic" or "insightful".

No, we already have you fulfilling that role. Perhaps quakery isn't the proper word, but the holier than thou - I failed 9th grade english and I like to argue with people on the internet to show how big my e-peen is is beginning to become annoying, which appears to be your goal anyway.

Stop with the sensitive "maturity" crap...you taking shots right back at those shooting at you, you angry little sniper. So don't act as if you're taking the moral-high-road while us swine are bobbing for road apples in a trench of our own filth.

No, I'm trying to avoid arguing with an attention seeking child who appears to like arguing with people rather than having a civil discussion. A troll, if you will.

I hope I have made MYSELF clear with you.

You've made yourself clear to me, and everyone else reading this thread.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by angrysniper]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
No, I'm trying to avoid arguing with an attention seeking child who appears to like arguing with people rather than having a civil discussion. A troll, if you will.

Your doing a crappy job "avoiding arguing with an attention seeking child"
Your extra long post seems very trolly (to me) perhaps maybe you should stick to the topic its not that hard.
Or just get out of the thread thats easy too (maybe not for you always have to get that last word in dont you)
MM's rantings are spot on (especially the original posting in this thread)

-waits for you to put your last word in AGAIN-

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino

Originally posted by angrysniper

Your doing a crappy job "avoiding arguing with an attention seeking child"
Your extra long post seems very trolly (to me) perhaps maybe you should stick to the topic its not that hard.
Or just get out of the thread thats easy too (maybe not for you always have to get that last word in dont you)
MM's rantings are spot on (especially the original posting in this thread)

-waits for you to put your last word in AGAIN-

I'm certainly trying to stick to the topic at hand, but the OP continues to derail the thread into personal attacks and arguments.

You may consider this 'having the last word' but in a thread you reply linearly, so the last person to reply always 'has the last word.'

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So wait...I have to "understand" that the professional website maker "can't use the quote function to a post" correctly

Yet, I am illiterate, or failed 9th grade English, because of a typo?

Ok...I'll accept that...why the hell not.

So...lets get back to the most important part. So this is "your thread" now? Hmmm...I do not see your name under the "creator tag". So does this mean you are here to Hijack my thread?

No...no...no...you can't hijack "my" thread...because I am the awesome guy who made this thread...and this is "our" awesome interaction within "my" thread.

You see?

So...anyways...spiritual superior...tell me more about these shooting games? I know I do not play them because they turn my stomach, so I am interested in what draws you to them.

You said you were aggressive. What a lovely "shade" to your "oh-so-colorful" hue of brilliance and maturity. So...in your 64 years on this planet...you have achieved the status of-

"dude old enough to be my grandfather, playing FPS games, while battling aggressively online on a forum, with a pup like me, WHILE proclaiming you 'own' someone's thread that you did not make".

Gee...wiz...wow...can I grow up like you?

Look buddy...let me let you in on a few things.

1) You are too old to be acting "my" age.

2) You are too silly to be seen as dignified.

3) You do not have many years left to "mature". Hurry.

With all that said...I'm going to go finish painting a Tau building, eat a peanut-jelly-sandwich and then read some comics...in all...I am going to go be more "mature" then you...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow, still going?

Honestly, this thread started off with pretty good intentions, there's not much point arguing with Anthrainsanity, he's taken his D20 too far. You know, I play a lvl 9 Ranger, I just don't believe I am one in reality.

My main issue with this character is he does too much harm to any crediblity that sites like this AND research into the field of UFOlogy, he is a great example of why Conspiracy Theorists get laughed at.

To Anthra...

If in this community (ATS) people here are unable/unwilling to take you at all seriously, can you not see how this extrapolates into the wider world? Do you not realise the damage you are doing to a valid field of research?

- - -

The guy is maybe ok for a few lulz, but this thread has run its course. The guy seems to take the approach of sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting "La la la - I can't hear you"...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
Wow, still going?

Honestly, this thread started off with pretty good intentions, there's not much point arguing with Anthrainsanity, he's taken his D20 too far. You know, I play a lvl 9 Ranger, I just don't believe I am one in reality.

My main issue with this character is he does too much harm to any crediblity that sites like this AND research into the field of UFOlogy, he is a great example of why Conspiracy Theorists get laughed at.

To Anthra...

If in this community (ATS) people here are unable/unwilling to take you at all seriously, can you not see how this extrapolates into the wider world? Do you not realise the damage you are doing to a valid field of research?

- - -

The guy is maybe ok for a few lulz, but this thread has run its course. The guy seems to take the approach of sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting "La la la - I can't hear you"...

On the contrary, it is you that is taking things to extreams. This has been quite educational for me, it shows how far Humans will go to deny the reality of something they don't want to be. You, Mask, et al., have no idea what "Truth" is, yet you all claim to know it. I haven't harmed UFO research, that was already done! Back in the 50's by the CIA.

I'm going to have even more laughs when I get the results of my DNA back...

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

What do you think of this?:
www.galactic-server.net...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
...back to the fabled DNA test, the one you've stated might not prove you alien, but that it doesn't really matter. You've offered no REAL evidence, just hokey, mish mash, nonsense, had many contradictions pointed out and offer little more than rhetoric.

Have you ever considered selling snake oil or becoming a televangelist?

Do you realise, that here, on ATS - a forum for people with a fairly major interest in Ufology etc, that most people are not taking you seriously and we're the ones that "want to believe".

The only purpose you seem to serve is for newer members to see the flipside of the "serious, rational debate" coin.

How much time do you spend trolling 4chan?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I think i understand where you are coming from,but i haven't seen any websites claiming to be alien run. I would agree that an intelligent species from another world would and should be helpful to man kind,but there would still be many problems,like: Germs,communication problems,technology problems,possible personal gain,etc. Lets just say if you had a way to time travel and went back 10,000 years,would you even want to communicate with anyone at this time? You certainly would not need too,you would already have everything you need. Why interfere? No gain in it. Earth is just a good place to study,and take specimens from,no?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

What do you think of this?:
www.galactic-server.net...

Interesting site...rather different navigation. I'll have do more reading there soon.

The only issues I find so far are purely technical. The use of HTML show good creativity, and artistic imagination, but leaves the site completely in the dark as far as search engines go, so it would need good "organic" placement in search results to be found by most people.

I did check out a few of the pages, the information seemed okay, with the exception of the link for Andromeda. However, many Humans seem to confuse those from the constellation Andromeda with Galactic Andromedans, there are large differences

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Here is a little something for you to consider, sorry if it is beyone you learning...such is the nature.

What is Truth? It is absurd to attempt to define it, for when we say that
S is P, rather than S is Q or S is R, we assume that we already know the
meaning of Truth. This is really why all the discussions as to whether Truth
depends on external correspondence, internal coherence, or what not, neither
produce conviction, nor withstand analysis. Briefly, Truth is an idea of a
supra-rational order, pertaining to Neschamah, not to Ruach. That all rational
conceptions imply that we know Truth, and that Truth is in their propositions,
only shows that these so-called rational ideas are not really rational at all.
Truth is by no means the only idea that resists rational analysis. There are
very many ideas that remain indefinable: all simple ideas do so. At the back
of all our efforts is the dead wall that we must already know what we are
pretending to find our. Consider the statement of the Angel in the 5th Aethyr
in "The Vision and the Voice":

"...all the symbols are interchangeable, for each one containeth in
itself its own opposite. And this is the great Mystery of the Supernals that
are beyond the Abyss. For below the Abyss, contradiction is division; but
above the Abyss, contradiction is Unity. And there could be nothing true
except by virtue of the contradiction that is contained in itself."
[A. Crowley - Little Essays toward Truth - "Truth"]

By the way, your method of "rational discussion" of all I've seen, consists of you deciding on the truth/reality of something and then pounding a single point until it becomes a nail...unfortunately, it never works, for you ignore the real rationale and reason behind the truth of the argument. As in your denial of the probabilities contained within the collective consciousness of your very own species. Ignoring the mathematics involved doesn't make you right, it makes you a fool (or as Crowley might say; Profane).

In what has been discussed do far, you have not pointed out a single contradiction, except for those existing in YOUR mind. This should tell you something.

Etharzi od Oma

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join