It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not an Alien sent to save me.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Starred!

I'm holding back on the flag, because I think this is inevitably going to descend into bickering. I wholeheartedly agree with you and offer my support, there was a whole slew of this sort of sensationalist junk a while back that ended in a poster being banned for hoaxing with their claims along these lines.

Unfortunately, these "people(s)" never offer proof, only snake oil and it clutters up ATS and does the whole conspiracy/aliens agenda lots of harm.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I think it is beyond obvious to anyone with half a brain, some logic, objectiveness, and a sense of realism that almost all of the self proclaimed "alien channelers", "walk-ins(alien souls in human bodies)" , "Indigo Children", "aliens disguised as humans", etc, etc are obviously liars and scam artists. The remaining one percent of cases (that you mention in your OP) may or may not have any facts in them, the point is we just don't know with this very small portion of cases. And without any type of verifiable proof we never will no for sure.

For the majority of reports though, yea they are scams or delusional people who really do believe what they say. A lot of it is unethical individuals trying to make a quick buck or two off of the all too gullible portion of the "UFO Population". There are those that want to or have to believe for whatever reason, regardless of the actual facts and ridiculous nature of many claims and stories. These are the people who see a youtube video of a light or two in the sky and are sure it is a fleet of hyperdimensional "beamships" from the Pleiades, or light and shadow on the Moon some covert alien Moon base (not saying they don't exist but I am talking about the majority of photos that are obviously light/shadow). If you challenge these people (the leaders or followers) with facts or even opinions you get attacked and scoffed at, this is nothing new.

I definitely wouldn't get all worked up about ANY of this though. It isn't worth it, as stated earlier, the majority of individuals who live in the real world know that the high majority of these stories and claims are total bunk. While it doesn't do any good at all for ufology and skews the field and those attempt to gain the real truth behind this obviously real phenomena. The best way, in my opinion, to go about propagating ufology in the right direction, move past the crap, and get the mainstream to recognize REAL ufology and not SCAM ufology is to focus on getting the best cases and reports out to as many people as possible, but remain objective.

[color=lightblue] Always remember the ultimate goal should be to get the TRUTH, whatever that may be. Not waste time arguing over opinions and videos/cases that have little or no evidence. The focus should be on getting the PROOF, nothing else, nothing less. Which means we do not concern ourselves with any of the other nonsense, just stay focused, the scams will fade, they always do. Plus they are not fooling many people anyways, or at least those that matter.

Cheer up, it isn't all that bad.

[edit on 11/17/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

It was our women they came for originally...

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose....There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." Genesis 6:1-4

Maybe they got bored with our women...
...and decided being here for the food, the scam business and bad quality YouTube vids would kill some time...
...until their time was up.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
S and F sir

Every time i see an indigo thread, or that guy/gal from .
the most gayest sounding federation of all time "the galactic federation of moonbeams and candypops" i want to hurl my mac across the room lol

"I am a indigo child, and i have come from the planet omegatron 6 to bring light, crystals and all other assorted merchandise for you to buy." They seem to have learned great lessons from the church in getting your cash!

Im a christian myself, and i can tell you something for nothing, salvation is free, my tithe goes direct to the poor and not to some flash so called christian pastors new car and marble palace!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I agree with your post, up until the point where you say "it is not worth speaking on the obvious hoaxers and scammers.

I actually believe it is not only worthy of speaking on, it is dangerous not to.

I do agree that the UFO phenomena is real. Hoaxers and scam artists would be easily ignored if the phenomena was "not real". But it IS real, and these people are "using it" and "using gullible people" to profit themselves off the entire phenomena.

Am I saying UFOs are alien ships? Nope...am I saying they are not? Nope.

What I am saying is, the whole phenomena is worthy of investigating and should be protected openly and LOUDLY against the vile leeches who attempt to suck off it for nourishment or profit.

Besides...as I said...I rant. Its a hobby of mine.

But yeah...good points, star for you!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

LMAO! You are correct. The Galactic Federation does scream of the gayness. The thing that strikes me is that most of these people don't do it for the money, but they really think they have special powers. I think they call that crazy...at least where I come from.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Sounds like you are talking about the Ferengi Capitalists!

Yep... it's even in the Wikipedia, so it must be true

Wikipedia

Like most of their culture, their religion is also based on the principles of capitalism: they offer prayers and monetary offerings to a "Blessed Exchequer" in hopes of entering the "Divine Treasury" upon death, and fear an afterlife spent in the "Vault of Eternal Destitution".[2]

Wouldn't that be something if Capitalism is Universal...

It's a shame people would do this to other people. Preying on the weak. Although, this is something that seems to be taught at a very young age. You have your bullies, Popular Crowd and the Geeks. I guess we are all being programed from birth unfortunately. It is a shame that people fall for these schemes time and time again. Or Maybe, I'm just in the wrong line of work!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
you got a flag and 2 stars from me.

beware of anyone who asks for money for salvation... *cough* church *cough*

excuse me....

maybe the church knows numbers are slipping, so they are setting up alien websites for more donations?

Many, if not most Christian churches teach that salvation is a gift which can in no way be bought earned or in any other way 'acquired'. Therefore your example of the church is faulty.

OP, great thread. Having read numerous threads made by illiterate "aliens" preaching just what you have described, I fully agree with all the points you have made.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by veranda
I've never seen any websites with people claiming to be aliens...

I was a lion-like alien in one of my past lifes.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Hey thanks, you are most welcome. Yes, i do care about other people, eventhough i don't know them personally. Don't know why, don't ask me. I would like to know though. Anways, if you could give me an example of a person who claims such which you rant about, maybe my understanding of your point would be clearer. Are you saying, that starseeds are hoaxers and fakes? I find that somewhat offensive. I don't force anyone to listen to what I have to say, nor I want any money for it, nor do i have any website. There are some true people on this forum, i can tell you that.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You would wounder why aliens monitor the internet like the intelligence services of the United States does.Well you nearly got it right.The aliens are watching other aliens.If certain good aliens released certain infomation over the internet it could pose a security threat for the current controling evil aliens and there real locations.The same applys for the United States goverment.If certain humans or aliens released certain infomation over the internet it could pose a security threat.I guess that why the goverment was so concerned with members on ATS and there avatars.They had a bit of a panic when they found a hidden enycryption code within a avatar on ATS.I guess that was of some concern as they knew that enycryption code was on ATS for over 12 months.I guess if i worked with the goverment i would be on panic alert too.How many people place encryption codes ,micro print and hidden messages within there avatars.Someone is trying to release hidden or secret infomation using hidden enycryption codes and messages.The goverment is always watching for secret and hidden terrorist commnications over the internet.I think current goverment employees pose a greater threat.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

You make some rather sweeping statements in your post, but, alas, they are not quite true.

We have gone around on this subject before, and I'm sure you consider me one of the very frauds you are speaking against, however, I'm not like them.

While I do claim to be an alien;

I do not scam anyone.

I do not and have not purpatrated a hoax.

I have paid my dues to Human science and technology. In the 70's, I was one of the many who made it possible to mass produce microprocessors, in the 80's I helped to create the first PC's as well as automated factories (General Motors Factory of the Future), In the 90's I published papers about scalar-magnetics, that was subsequently picked up by NASA and some others (those projects have since gone "black", so I don't know their current state). Since then I have contributed to the growth of the Internet by providing software to allow nearly anything to be presented in a site's content. My wee list can be rather extensive, but, it's extent is not the point.

While any evidence I have is thin, it still constitutes evidence, If I had better resources, I would give your more.

I do agree with you, however, about those who feel the need to make money off the UFO/Alien issues. This should be presented for free.

Now, If you feel the need to tear me apart, if that's what makes you feel strong, or "like a man"...go ahead, just don't expect a christmas card this year.

Oh...almost forgot...I'm not hear to save anybody other than myself.

Etharzi od Oma

[edit on 17-11-2009 by AnthraAndromda]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
reply to post by Mr Mask

While I do claim to be an alien;

What species of aliens?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Love this thread! As a few others have said, Ive yet to see anyone selling anything... although Im pretty sure a while back there was a guy pedalling some sort of protective headwear (made out of tin foil, no joke!) that would protect people from some sort of alien mind control or something...

I sometimes wonder if theres some sort of 'how to be an alien' handbook floating around on amazon. Because they always go the same way - 1. They cant tell you/dont know exactly where they're from 2. Make sure they mention that they have knowledge of 'the truth' 3. Go on to state that they either arent allowed to pass this information on, or that humans simply arent ready to hear it... which begs the question why mention it in the first place, but hey ho. 4. Have very sketchy information regarding anything to do with their own species, home, culture 5. Get defensive when us simple human beings call the claims bs.... Oh and 6. Have no clear mission or end goal.

reply to post by AnthraAndromda

Had any progress on these physical changes you're supposed to be having yet?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You know, given the definition of alien, I could consider myself one. I'm alien to the human race in general. I am not, however, of extra-terrestrial origins. Nor am I here to help, rather, try to help.

I've met my fair share of those who claim to be of extra-terrestrial origins. I can't quite decide whether I believe them or not. The points you've made, except for the donations which I've never personally witnessed, could, IMHO, be summed up by one of my favorite sayings - "My way is not your way". I can't help but think there are infinite solutions to things like physics and mathematics. Just because these extra-terrestrials supposedly have enough knowledge to travel through space much more efficiently than we humans do, doesn't mean they could explain it to us in a way that we could comprehend.

Human knowledge of physics is very astounding and takes a capable mind to grasp. I could just imagine the perplexities of an alien race type "physics" that isn't based in human terms or equations. I'm sure I'd be completely mind blown by just a simple 2+2=4 in their native mathematics. I might even think they're speaking quantum physics when they're speaking very basic mathes.

I'm just waiting for one of these extra-terrestrials to say "takes one to know one."

A2D

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Just because these extra-terrestrials supposedly have enough knowledge to travel through space much more efficiently than we humans do, doesn't mean they could explain it to us in a way that we could comprehend.

Human knowledge of physics is very astounding and takes a capable mind to grasp. I could just imagine the perplexities of an alien race type "physics" that isn't based in human terms or equations. I'm sure I'd be completely mind blown by just a simple 2+2=4 in their native mathematics. I might even think they're speaking quantum physics when they're speaking very basic mathes.

Well it is possible that they are that advanced that we wouldnt be able to comprehend (and I mean 'we' as in members of ATS, not like the top notch scientists, physicists of the world), then why try and communicate with us?
And even if that were true.. Id rather see a summary of how they got from say where we are today in terms of technology, and to where they are now instead of the various humans arent ready/able/dont want to understand comments.

[edit on 17/11/09 by Bluebelle]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
In the 70's, I was one of the many who made it possible to mass produce microprocessors, in the 80's I helped to create the first PC's as well as automated factories (General Motors Factory of the Future), In the 90's I published papers about scalar-magnetics, that was subsequently picked up by NASA and some others (those projects have since gone "black", so I don't know their current state).

Have any proof behind this huge claim? Not that it would sway anyone into taking you seriously, I just assumed if you were so documented and vetted by such agencies and groups, that you would have spent a little time showing proof on it.

Since then I have contributed to the growth of the Internet by providing software to allow nearly anything to be presented in a site's content. My wee list can be rather extensive, but, it's extent is not the point.

Oh on the contrary...the extent of your help in "growing the internet" is very much "the point". Saying I helped "the growth of the internet" by "developing software, can mean anything from "I invented the base standards for CAD" all the way down to "I did some design work on the Maplestory freeware game". I think it would do your standpoint great advantage if you were clearer on your "contributions" to "helping our internet grow".

While any evidence I have is thin, it still constitutes evidence, If I had better resources, I would give your more.

Thin? Admitting your work as "thin" really doesn't lead one to thinking you are an advanced species from space. In fact, I wonder why you are doing a "thin" job in the first place. Shouldn't an alien be doing an "above human level" of work? Maybe not...maybe aliens are just as dumb as we are...so I won't hold your "work load" against you.

I do agree with you, however, about those who feel the need to make money off the UFO/Alien issues. This should be presented for free.

I agree...and I wonder why you are wasting your time on this planet "not presenting FREE proof of your origins" and simply hinting towards them with "thin work" that you have done in the past. I guess aliens don't "always" do "advanced things"? As for not making "money" off your claims, keep in mind I also said "fake aliens attempt to make profit off their lies". Profit...not always money...but "beneficial wealth to one's self". Like "attention" or "sex partners not smart enough to know their new lover is actually NOT an alien...just a hoaxer taking advantage of their "inability to detect/suspect fraudulent claims". There is MUCH more to be had then just money, when a "good scam is cooking".

Now, If you feel the need to tear me apart, if that's what makes you feel strong, or "like a man"...go ahead, just don't expect a christmas card this year.

I do not celibate any man-made holiday, so no mind there. See? I'm really not into scams. I also do not need to "rip you apart" to feel manly. I have never been concerned with projecting a "manly image". I am not here to make you look stupid or fight you...you can handle all that yourself if you can NOT provide us with some indisputable proof of your "alien origins".

Oh...almost forgot...I'm not hear to save anybody other than myself.

What more proof do I need to think you are a selfish, self-serving human, then that line right there? Hmmmm? If that is your philosophy, that is fine...I simply will say back to you "get off my planet or get your philosophy fixed".

Etharzi od Oma

Ugga booga, to you my visiting friend.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You have just undermined the entire ATS website
STARRED

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shino
You have just undermined the entire ATS website
STARRED

I did? I don't see how...last time I checked, the majority of users here were not so gullible in to falling for scams and disinfo. I thought that the "I-am-an_alien" people were by far "the minority" of a very select group of "information seekers".

I surly wouldn't have posted anything that "undermined" my favorite website in the world.

Eh...lol...thanks for the star?

Here is one back for you.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
You mean these aliens are supposed to be here to help you humanz?

Well I don't know why those douche bags are here but I came for the food.

Oh My god.

It's a cook book!

It's a COOK BOOK !

I'm gonna try to find that on a bumper sticker.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by badgerprints]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join