It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not an Alien sent to save me.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
reply to post by vertecles

Your video promotes illegal drugs use, and offers very harmful advice on "getting high on whatever you can" to "fully explore life".

Add to that, it's nudity and call to "being sexually promiscuous" and you have one cocktail for a "violation of the ATS rules"

BOO!

The thing I don't get is...you have a quote from Anton Lavey as your signature-

"Stupidity should be painful".

Weird that you quote the doctor, yet promote drug use. You do know Anton hated drugs, and the CoS is deadly against such CRAP.

The moderators should remove your video, and warn your ass about such shenanigans.

Rubbishh video...BS hippy-talk.

Disgusted with it.

Interesting.

Although I actually liked your original post.
I think I can see those narcissistic tendencies you admitted to.

Firstly, I was not advocating anything thank you. Where did I say I agreed or disagreed with anything said in the video?
Just because someone posts a video on a forum does not automatically mean they are peddling the contents.
You assume far too much Mr Mask.

Let’s try not to get too carried away please. It was only a 10 minute philosophical video.

Lets try to maintain some sort perspective here. It's merely a posted link to a youtube video from a writer, public speaker, philosopher, where he philosophises about society’s views on individuals who are categorised as "fringe" or "crazy" in which he comments on our perceptions of these people.
I thought the video was “on topic” and was also relevant to Annee stating that she did not wish to be “boxed/labelled”.

Yes, Terrence’s views are quite controversial much like UFOlogy. But, he is still an interesting character worthy of review. I've never heard him described as disgusting before.

I can certainly understand your opposition to McKenna advocating drug use but, that was not the basis of his lecture at all. So, if you are basing your disgust on the on 5 seconds of 60’s hippies dancing around topless? Then wow!

So, not only are you apparently the resident grammar police but, now you also want to be the censor?
I mean...heaven forbid that we see 10 seconds of nipple...pahlease!
I see it's okay to show videos of people being beaten and tasered by police and yet, nipples and hippies on acid are disgusting?! Get a grip Mr Mask. Your smarter than that surely?

Look...If I’ve violated the sites Terms of Service then I apologise now to the staff but, I’m sure the staff here are more than capable of fixing this if it’s a problem. Should they feel the need?

Mr Mask...You appear to be intelligent...Let me ask you something...did this “disgusting” video force you to go out, take drugs and dance around naked..hmm? I know it didn’t make me.
Or do you always just automatically assume that everyone here is stupid and unable to think for themselves at all.

And what’s with the crack at my signature.? Are you really this bitter?
Getting bored playing forum grammar cop?

Lastly, I have no idea who Anton Lavey actually is. So thanks for enlightening me there. I’ll have to do some reading now that you mentioned the CoS is somehow linked to my signature. I really never knew. I just liked the quote and adopted it....sorry to disappoint on that one.

Regardless, I fail to see the relevance. Because as I stated earlier, I neither advocated nor admonished the views in the video at all. So, again...you’ve assumed far too much.

How about instead of “going at” any and everyone in this thread. That we get back on topic and discuss what you started with your original post?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by vertecles

I really like Terrence McKenna. The guy had some amazing insights. I saw him perform at a Earthcore (a three day outdoor rave) years and years ago... and was hooked immediately... but admittedly.. I was doing some of those things in the video at the time!

IRM
Hehehe

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Thanks InfaRedMan,

Nice to see someone appreciated the video. Shame that others were not able to have the luxury of deciding for themselves before someone complained and had it removed.

Ah well.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I find Mr.Mask to be totally ingorant when it comes to ET talk.. Are you a beliver yourself or just like to bash your opinion out there to prove your point? and with that being said what is your point of view on ET's?

please stop bashing and being so biasis bc you yourself have not had any experience with ET/UFO sitings. balance each side of the topic dont bash your opposing view...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kelliott

Yeah, I am kind of questioning the point of this thread too.

Why make a thread designed to bait extraterrestrial folks that may or may not be here only to then go all spelling-nazi on them and dish out abuse to them?

P.S. ETs: I would like to volunteer for the human-extraterrestrial liaison programs. Get me out of here!! (Umm, Please!!)

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

Spelling errors? I'm not sure that is a way of finding someone is not an alien. And I am fairly well read in such matters. I work with many programmers, and some are much worse than you would believe. It's a set of different languages. How many under your belt?

Well true. My uncle who had 3 masters was one of the worst spellers I've ever known.

I did spelling bees when I was younger - - just a personal pet peeve.

I find the information interesting also.

As I always say - "the only person I believe is myself". In other words - - - everything I read is by my choice to believe or not.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I dont think the spelling & grammar thing is a huge deal, but it is just one of those little things that you'd think wouldnt be an issue in this situation.
Its kind of like if say if obama turned up to make a speech in a pair of trainers & some old jumper with a ketchup stain down the front of it. Now it wouldnt change what he was actually saying... but you'd still notice it and it would probably put a bit of a downer in terms of credibility of whatever he was speaking about.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well, I guess that's that, huh? The bovine excrement meter pegged off scale high. So you are a retarded alien now?

I can't keep up with this crap any more. You duck and weave, shuffle and bob so much I doubt anyone can. Whoever you are in reality or whatever you claim or believe to be, is essentially meaningless. Really. Your zero sum alien knowledge is worth exactly that.

You know how to program in several languages. Big deal! My kids could do that in middle school. You helped develop Olivetti. Riiiiiiggggghhhhtttt. How, by sweeping floors?

No, I don't need your copy and paste "equasions" nor do I need to talk to your "epople".

However, you have taught me an invaluable lesson about your alien species. Earth is evidently a dumping ground for alien idiots. Thanks sky brothers. Thanks a whole bunch.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ignore the waves of abuse and scorn from the unenlightened and xenophobic.

The visiting ETs who are trying to help must need at least some humans to work with them. I'm your man!

It's impossible for me to ever live a normal life again anyway. Beam me up!!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

[qoute]
They try to put the onus back on us.. such as "prove they are lying" (unfalsifiable) or they question our credentials and professional careers... However they seem to miss the simple point that it isn't us making unsubstantiated claims ...

There is something I don't think you quite understand. IF during the course of all this I make a statement, any statement, and YOU decide it is a lie; you have very limited options. 1) to decide it is a lie and ignore any further statements made by me, 2) to leave the thread and never come back.

You do not have the option of calling me a liar! The moment you do so, the burden of proof in ON YOU.

Look at it this way...In a court room a person is testifying, he makes a statement that the opposing attorney feels is a lie. This attorney must then PROVE it is a lie, or accept it as truth.

I'm not asking you to accept anything as true, but I am asking you to prove your accusations.

Now, for what ever it is worth...I have not lied, nor will I...ever.

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
reply to post by Kelliott

Yeah, I am kind of questioning the point of this thread too.

Why make a thread designed to bait extraterrestrial folks that may or may not be here only to then go all spelling-nazi on them and dish out abuse to them?

P.S. ETs: I would like to volunteer for the human-extraterrestrial liaison programs. Get me out of here!! (Umm, Please!!)

So he can have a Bash Fest? Perhaps he wants to set back interstellar relations so that there is NO disclosure. Earth won't get any new shinies and you all can continue to live in a sub par environment, with little hope of any improvment for at least the next 200 years. No one knows his true motivation except him...but it does seem sick.

The problem is I agree with him, at least in part. The reason I responded in the first place was to show that not all self-proclaimed ETs are the same.
Some of us are real, and want to help liberate Earth from its past and errors. But, NO, just listen to the Mask, he has all the answers.

Its too bad he can't read a couple of paragraphs and understand what was said. He seems to have a cut-and-paste method of understanding. [Tell us Mr. Mask...how does 40 YEARS translate into 40 Languages?]

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

But naw...your right...The guy with the secret "alien code" in both his DNA and Website

I would like to know more about this secret alien code I'm supposed to have. I don't seem to remember that...must be old age or sonething...memory failing and all that.

You are aware, I hope, I never claimed that. So please enlighten us.

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wow...a lot of question, judgments, and points of views over the night. Nice...I like returning to see a bunch of stuff to address. Ok...I will TRY to knock them all out in one post. Here goes!

1) Again...spelling and grammar are not "end all important for "everyone in the world to obey" But if you are saying "you wrote papers that NASA picked up" and that you "are an alien with advanced understanding of the universe"...it would be MORE likely that you would be able to master language.

I CAN "see" an alien not knowing how to spell the word "magnetic"...but surly not an alien who had a paper he wrote (and had picked up by NASA) misspelling the word. I would also assume the guy would know his planet's name (hell he knows his species name, the age of his alien self on his home world, has communications with aliens, knows some of his alien language AND knows a lot about his species).

BUT HE CAN'T SPELL and doesn't KNOW his planet's name...AND HAD TO LOOK IT UP!

Now...if you want to twist the facts at hand about this guy, and try to force them into a positioning that "allows a chance he is telling the truth"...go RIGHT AHEAD.

Weather you can "read or write", if you are defending this horribly built fiction of badly crafted lies "that don't add up" just to better place this "hoaxer/crazy man" in favor of his own claims...then fine.

You want to battle for this guy's galactic reputation on the base of what he presented...fine...play the semantic warrior. Me? I rather be honest with myself.

I am willing to bet, that if someone offered you "some grand prize" to predict the outcome of his "DNA test"....based on what he has presented....100% of you would not play the devil's advocate. YOU'D answer "yeah...hes a nut job and lying".

But since there is no prize to be won...you will continue to point out to grown men/women that this guys "horribly constructed story" just MAY/COULD be real...and why? Because "hey you don't know" and "well I'm closed minded".

Sure...enjoy that...enjoy being on a sinking ship, with a crazy captain screaming "RELAX MY CREW! I AM AN ALIEN!" Have a ball...me? I rather not be wrong for the sake of argument. I rather choose the side any "intelligent observer" would be more likely to choose. You want to be dishonest with yourself....fine...but in a life or death situation...you would rush to "call this guy a hoax" if "be correct was the only thing to save you".

2- The VIDEO...sorry...I didn't know if you were promoting the guy or not. Heck I even watched the whole thing and found a lot of what he had to say "true" and "interesting"...but the "parts I did not like" were of the drug use and the nudity (yes nipples for any seconds were too much for me). I know...I am a prude and a loser for that....but yknow...in a world where everyone thinks that "everyone doesn't mind nudity and drug talk" there are millions of people who will not tolerate it. Don't even start with asking the Muslims would say to you over the matter....never mind a Satanist...lol.
The reason it "really" bothered me is because the guy had an obvious polished "patter and delivery". He knows what he is doing/selling. I know you took the stance of "did that video make you go out and do drugs? No? Hmmmmm"....but I am willing to bet large sums of money, that that man with his practiced speeches and "pseudo-intelligent half-truths" has suckered more then a few hundred "impressionable souls" in to adopting his "interesting" philosophies...including his views on "life is about getting loaded and high".
I am sorry if you can not understand how "against" such a thing I am. All I can say is, I am very serious about this point...I speak with as much passion and patter and polished delivery "against" drugs on stages myself. I use a microphone very often in the way he does....accept my words are anti-drug. Am I right? I don't know. All I DO KNOW are there are "very very few" places on this earth, where a guy like me can sit and retreat to "where drug use and sexual-lawlessness are not flaunted and
endorsed. I joined this site ONLY after learning that there would be no "drug endorsements" or "pro-drug philosophies" allowed here. So yeah...one thing to know about me is "I speak publicly against such things" and do not rest my hat where people are allowed to flaunt or display such things.

Is it my fault for being a prude? Possibly. But I don't go in to people homes saying "keep your cloths on and don't do drugs". That's your home...your right...but here, it is "my right" and the rules of ATS, that don't allow it. Its one of the only reasons I communicate here.

As for the Anton Lavey reference...it was curiosity. I notice a lot of people take his quotes in many places and just don't know where they originated. Lol...if the guy wasn't dead, I bet he would be pissed at so many people not knowing his words came from him.

3) Do I believe in UFOs/aliens? Yes...fully...There are-without a doubt- UFOs in our sky. We surly have aliens out in space (possibly visiting us). YES you would have to be a TOTAL IDIOT (or absolutely faithfully against the idea ) to think "the universe has only humans" when it comes to intelligence. But like most people, I spit on the lies that bring mockery to the study of such phenomena. Every crack-pot-hoaxer making up stupid stories is another dent in the armor of "research". Every schizophrenic "poor soul" is just another laughing stock to discredit "good science"

4) Lastly...here is the deal...YOU want to assume it is "possible" that some FORUM USING illiterate guy, telling you he had his paper picked up by NASA and then "secretly hidden within black-ops", while he tells you how primitive YOU ARE for not believing him "is an ALIEN" you go right ahead.
If that is the scientific proof YOU need to answer the greatest question in the universe, if that is your smoking gun, if THAT IS ALL YOU NEED TO TRUST A STRANGER...then good luck out there. I recommend you stay away from cultists/hoaxes/scam/snake-oil/3-day-weight-loss-plans/the MSM and everything else designed to take a couple bucks from those who "totally lack critical thinking skills".

Just like you would lose your job for speaking openly about "trusting these badly crafted lies" you would also lose the respect of any critical mind studying this phenomena as a whole. Point is plain...if 6.2 billion of us can't find the answer with all our science, years, technology and good intent...YOU ARE DAFT for forsaking such.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwiggins
Your zero sum alien knowledge is worth exactly that.

Just curious - - what is your guideline for knowing when something is "alien knowledge"?

And what facts do you compare it against?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You want to battle for this guy's galactic reputation on the base of what he presented...fine...play the semantic warrior.

Who, me?

I'm not battling for anybody's "galactic reputation" (LOL) - I just want to get the
out of here.

I am sick at heart of all the corruption and evil in this world, I am sick of the gangs and corrupt cops and corrupt military and corrupt intelligence and corrupt politicians and corrupt bankers and corrupt lawyers and corrupt churches, and I want out.

So on the off-chance that there are any ETs actually reading this - beam me up!! I'm ready now!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Just curious - - what is your guideline for knowing when something is "alien knowledge"?

And what facts do you compare it against?

Nuh huh...no...nope. I will not add to that tactic of debate by giving it an answer.

Better yet...how about YOU answer it? It seems all you "enlightened" folk are all so "above us primitive people" who just can't "understand" the complexity of your "ways".

No...

Science as a whole would laugh at 100% of what is being presented here as the "pro-online-alien" side.

NO an alien wouldn't come here and get his ASS whupped by a snot-nosed under-educated moron like me...NO I would NOT be able to single-handedly DESTROY the logic of one-or-more-aliens among us here with "basic debating skills designed to counter baselessness".

NO! ALIENS WOULD NOT contradict themselves, all the while bragging about how NASA picked up their work, while they CAN'T SPELL or even form sentences on par with a child. NO ALIENS WOULD NOT LOOK STUPID in a casual forum dedicated to conspiracies...no.

Now how can I prove this? Look how "double edged this is". Grown adults are asking ME to prove my points....where the actual ALIENS here are allowed to "not know stuff"

They are allowed to "not know how to write". They are allowed "to not know the name or location of their planet". They are "allowed to make giant claims on their website/coding skills when all those with knowledge of such things all said "the stuff is primitive".

But am I ALLOWED to get away with saying-

"my fellow humans...we have a human here who is trying to deceive you and play on your "hopes and dreams" to profit from your ignorance"?

NOPE! I am a primitive human...HOW WOULD I KNOW!? How do I know aliens don't use basic-windows open-source code, or that aliens must know the name of their planet" etc etc etc...yeah how nice.

Hey...maybe if I start saying "no...I AM THE ALIEN...and I know for a fact (cus I'm an alien) that this guy is crap.

I would have to JOIN this mentally disabled HOAXER'S hoax just to gain some credibility!? Screw that...and screw anyone who is so over zealous about aliens that they would sell out the human race's institutes of science, rational thinking, and importance of "evidence".

No...I am right...this guy (and 100% of all you fake alien wannabees) are all either-

a) Mentally damaged and easily SOLD! (AND in need of help).

or

b) Dishonest con-artists unable to craft a REAL con that would fool even a starry-eyed child.

Or a mix of both.

I am right...you are wrong...aliens told me so...and they laugh at you from up on high.

Just so you know....the aliens told me "the guy is also very lonely".

DON'T ASK ME HOW THEY KNOW! THEY ARE ALIENS!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

3) Do I believe in UFOs/aliens? Yes...fully...There are-without a doubt- UFOs in our sky. We surly have aliens out in space (possibly visiting us). YES you would have to be a TOTAL IDIOT (or absolutely faithfully against the idea ) to think "the universe has only humans" when it comes to intelligence.

But like most people, I spit on the lies that bring mockery to the study of such phenomena. Every crack-pot-hoaxer making up stupid stories is another dent in the armor of "research". Every schizophrenic "poor soul" is just another laughing stock to discredit "good science"

Yep - seen one (ufo). Clear blue skies - about 4:30 in the afternoon. Self illuminating disk shape that hovered for a while - - then shot straight up until it was no longer visible.

Opportunists. Yep - know some. I worked for a metaphysical publishing company (kinda similar). Most of them are like those who seek psychiatric help because they're screwed up - - - then become psychiatrists themselves. And yes I'm talking about some well known names.

There were a few (very few) I felt were authentic and somehow connected to something beyond this world/dimension. Surprisingly NOT! They tended to be rather quiet and reserved. It is primarily the "opportunists" (won't call them fakes) who are major self promoters. I won't call them fakes - - because they do believe what they are pushing - - but Money is their primary goal - and takes precedence over any benevolent message.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Any real ETs out there can come talk to me. I'd welcome a conversation with an actual enlightened being after all the S
I've had to deal with.

Ignore the ranting and screaming evil mask. Major D's our guy!!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster

I am sick at heart of all the corruption and evil in this world, I am sick of the gangs and corrupt cops and corrupt military and corrupt intelligence and corrupt politicians and corrupt bankers and corrupt lawyers and corrupt churches, and I want out.

I am just AS sick of all those things...we all are...but allowing a "new lie" to replace an old one, is not the answer.

Are we all so broken and hopeless that these stories written by "bad writers" and "new fangled lies" are good enough to replace the ones that have broken our hearts?

No...I am sorry...anyone with intent on "spreading lies" is an evil mother-F, and trying to steal from you.

Do not give them your money, your heart, your hope or your friendship.

If they had enough folks investing in to their lies, they would be doing what the world's powerful elites are doing. Same people....selfish liars wanting to trick you anyway they can to lessen the burden of their crappy lives on themselves.

Do you all understand this?

Say what you want about me and the style of debunking I do (if you call ranting, debunking). But know one thing...I LOVE HUMANS...and I try everyday to NOT TELL A SINGLE LIE. I would die to defend my honesty and I would never knowingly present you with false tales to better my wallet or welcome.

You want to see me and my stance as the evil one here...I am fine with that.

But if you want to stand up for truth and the might of evidence...I salute you.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You want to see me and my stance as the evil one here...I am fine with that.

Mask, I don't care either way about you or your stance.

I just want to make me some contact and get the hell outta here. Preferably some world with lots and lots of beaches where the plejaran babes are bountiful.

Now must you keep ranting at the ETs like that? I'm trying to have a conversation with them FFS!!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join