It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hey all. I've been a lurker here for about 6 months now under an account that had my name in it. I've decided I want to be active in the forums but needed a new name. So many good names were taken, but I found a play on the element 'Bismuth' that I thought was cute and appropriate. So, here I am!

Peace

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Bizmyth]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Do you seriously believe you have preserved your anonymity?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Um, well, at least this account doesn't have my name in it. So while not being totally anonymous at least it's less obvious who I really am.

How rude...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bizmyth

okay....but why tell us you've done it?

anyways, stop lurking, it's creepy, post your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My old name actually discouraged me from posting, and this new one will make me feel more comfortable with posting. I considered this a good thing. Plus, I didn't really have much to say. I've already offered my favorite forums in my profile. I was just eager to post. Plus, I was encouraged to post in the introductions forum when I signed up.

Less than 20 minutes after posting I've been laughed at and called creepy. What the heck?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Welcome and say hi to the fine boys and girls at the NSA. God bless them each and everyone. By the way I think President Obama is the greatest thing since Kraft macaroni and cheese, spam, reality TV and Britney Spears! Hip,Hip, Whore...ay for the USA!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bizmyth
Less than 20 minutes after posting I've been laughed at and called creepy. What the heck?

sorry, i was just joking, i don't think you're creepy at all. so far, you seem great. i look forward to more of your posts.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

What? That makes no sense

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bizmyth

What do you expect from a site that looks into conspiracies... Everyone is a suspect... LOL

Welcome to the site... it will take time, but you will learn to be thick skinned around here... Although sometimes there is more humor in the posts than anything.

If you have multiple accounts here on ATS... you might want to notify someone that way it doesn't reflect on your later.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Thank you, I look forward to contributing.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

I guess I will have to be, aha. By the first few posts I had this awful clenching feeling in my chest of being unwelcome. Which I shouldn't have to feel. I've had an interest in paranormal activity since my mom said she believed years ago. Then in UFO's about a year ago. Then a friend awakened me to become skeptic of the media's story about 9/11 when he showed me building 7 free-falling. I found this website soon after meeting him. I believe I belong here, searching for the truth. I just want to wait until I have something substantial to contribute.

I'm not sure who to contact about that other account. Do you think it would be enough to just cancel or disable it? It is on another email account, and I don't see how I could be tied to it..

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bizmyth

Welcome to ATS!

As a fellow newbie I can relate to your lurking, its good to break bad habits isnt it?

See you around the site....

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Call me dumb, but Im new to this site as well, are there policies regarding multiple accounts?

Not that I have more than one, I can barely find time to even get by with one account I cant imagine having several. Yet, Im sure there are people out there who have several accounts to make themselves look good, i.e. starring and flagging themselves.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Just go to this link below and it will have all the T&Cs
Above Top Secret T&C

2c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself".

[edit on 11/17/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

AH HA! Just as I suspected!

Thanks, for the info.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bizmyth
it's less obvious who I really am.

It's not.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bizmyth

Welcome

I'm shy too, if not for my avatar, I'd still be lurkin...

After I became a member, I still lurked and mostly read until this year.

I lack the devotion to research enough to just brick wall anothers post, and just don't like it anyways, but I occasionally get slack for my opinion.

As for your new name, I get queesy just thinkin of the stuff, I had a bad run-in with it before it came to the U S....

But thats not personal, just for me it is, a good reminder not to over drink the stuff....

new topics

top topics

join