It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When War Becomes Peace, When The Lie Becomes The Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
When war becomes peace
When concepts and realities are turned upside down
When fiction becomes truth and truth becomes fiction
When a global military agenda is heralded as a humanitarian endeavor
When the killing of civilians is upheld as "collateral damage"
When those who resist the US-NATO led invasion of their homeland are categorized as "insurgents" or "terrorists"
When preemptive nuclear war is upheld as self defense
When advanced torture and "interrogation" techniques are routinely used to "protect peacekeeping operations"
When tactical nuclear weapons are heralded by the Pentagon as "harmless to the surrounding civilian population"
When three quarters of US personal federal income tax revenues are allocated to financing what is euphemistically referred to as "national defense"
When the Commander in Chief of the largest military force on planet earth is presented as a global peace-maker
When the Lie becomes the Truth.

I am presenting some extracts from the following online article: www.globalresearch.ca... written by Michel Chossudovsky.

I found it a great read and hope you continue onto the link provided to read it all in full.

Obama's "War Without Borders"

We are the crossroads of the most serious crisis in modern history. The US in partnership with NATO and Israel has launched a global military adventure which, in a very real sense, threatens the future of humanity.

At this critical juncture in our history, the Norwegian Nobel Committee's decision to award the Nobel Peace Prize to President and Commander in Chief Barack Obama constitutes an unmitigated tool of propaganda and distortion, which unreservedly supports the Pentagon's "Long War": "A War without Borders" in the true sense of the word, characterised by the Worlwide deployment of US military might.

Apart from the diplomatic rhetoric, there has been no meaningful reversal of US foreign policy in relation to the George W. Bush presidency, which might have remotely justified the granting of the Nobel Prize to Obama. Granting the Nobel Peace Prize to Barack Obama provides legitimacy to the illegal practices of war, to the military occupation of foreign lands, to the relentless killings of civilians in the name of "democracy".

Star Wars

Both the Obama administration and NATO are directly threatening Russia, China and Iran. The US under Obama is developing "a First Strike Global Missile Shield System":

"Along with space-based weapons, the Airborne Laser is the next defense frontier. ... Never has Ronald Reagan's dream of layered missile defenses - Star Wars, for short - been as....close, at least technologically, to becoming realized."

Reacting to this consolidation, streamlining and upgrading of American global nuclear strike potential, on August 11 the Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Air Force, the same Alexander Zelin cited earlier on the threat of U.S. strikes from space on all of his nation, said that the "Russian Air Force is preparing to meet the threats resulting from the creation of the Global Strike Command in the U.S. Air Force" and that Russia is developing "appropriate systems to meet the threats that may arise."

www.hubdub.com...
www.thespacereview.com...
www.au.af.mil...

War Propaganda: Jus ad Bellum

The "Just war" theory serves to camouflage the nature of US foreign policy, while providing a human face to the invaders.

In both its classical and contemporary versions, the Just war theory upholds war as a "humanitarian operation". It calls for military intervention on ethical and moral grounds against "insurgents", "terrorists", "failed" or "rogue states".

The Just War has been heralded by the Nobel Committee as an instrument of Peace. Obama personifies the "Just War".

Taught in US military academies, a modern-day version of the "Just War" theory has been embodied into US military doctrine. The "war on terrorism" and the notion of "preemption" are predicated on the right to "self defense." They define "when it is permissible to wage war": jus ad bellum.

www.ekklesia.co.uk...
books.google.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Please visit the full article for more. I found it a stimulating read.

I think the extract at the beginning in bold to be the most profound message. How have we come to live in a world where things are so blurred?

It reminds me of the quote:

"Just look at us. Everything is backwards. Everything is upside-down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information, and religion destroys spirituality."---Michael Ellner

And yet we let this happen, time and time again.

Are you really that happy with the way things are?

Peace.

[edit on 05/08/2009 by LiveForever8]

Trimmed link - stretching page

[edit on 28/11/09 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just though i would add this, raises some very good examples. History repeats.

War and Peace Prizes

I was dismayed when I heard Barack Obama was given the Nobel peace prize. A shock, really, to think that a president carrying on two wars would be given a peace prize. Until I recalled that Woodrow Wilson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Henry Kissinger had all received Nobel peace prizes. The Nobel committee is famous for its superficial estimates, won over by rhetoric and by empty gestures, and ignoring blatant violations of world peace.

Yes, Wilson gets credit for the League of Nations – that ineffectual body which did nothing to prevent war. But he had bombarded the Mexican coast, sent troops to occupy Haiti and the Dominican Republic and brought the US into the slaughterhouse of Europe in the first World War, surely among stupid and deadly wars at the top of the list.

Sure, Theodore Roosevelt brokered a peace between Japan and Russia. But he was a lover of war, who participated in the US conquest of Cuba, pretending to liberate it from Spain while fastening US chains on that tiny island. And as president he presided over the bloody war to subjugate the Filipinos, even congratulating a US general who had just massacred 600 helpless villagers in the Phillipines. The Committee did not give the Nobel prize to Mark Twain, who denounced Roosevelt and criticised the war, nor to William James, leader of the anti-imperialist league.

Oh yes, the committee saw fit to give a peace prize to Henry Kissinger, because he signed the final peace agreement ending the war in Vietnam, of which he had been one of the architects. Kissinger, who obsequiously went along with Nixon's expansion of the war, with the bombing of peasant villages in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Kissinger, who matches the definition of a war criminal very accurately, is given a peace prize!

People should be given a peace prize not on the basis of promises they have made – as with Obama, an eloquent maker of promises – but on the basis of actual accomplishments towards ending war, and Obama has continued deadly, inhuman military action in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The Nobel peace committee should retire, and turn over its huge funds to some international peace organization which is not awed by stardom and rhetoric, and which has some understanding of history.

Nobody here at ATS got any thoughts about this thread?

Peace.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
George Orwell defines the times to which we enter. It will be our choice to continue upon this path toward totally tyranny by our apathy or to say No! Realize that the Matrix is but a construct and not reality. " Know that ye are Gods" Remember who you are. Search within, there lies the Truth. The exterior is but a fiction. It is an eloborate computer game in which the Creator experiences all that we experience. This game is boring me! Is it boring you? I will be the one who does the experiencing..how bout you?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klaatumagnum
George Orwell defines the times to which we enter. It will be our choice to continue upon this path toward totally tyranny by our apathy or to say No! Realize that the Matrix is but a construct and not reality. " Know that ye are Gods" Remember who you are. Search within, there lies the Truth. The exterior is but a fiction. It is an eloborate computer game in which the Creator experiences all that we experience. This game is boring me! Is it boring you? I will be the one who does the experiencing..how bout you?

Er,what?

Could I have some detailed explanations please? I thank you for taking the time to reply but more depth is needed. More clarity.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Building a Pretext for a Preemptive Nuclear Attack

The pretext for waging war on Iran essentially rests on two fundamental premises, which are part of the Bush administration's National Security doctrine.

1. Iran's alleged possession of "Weapons of Mass Destruction" (WMD), more specifically its nuclear enrichment program.

2. Iran's alleged support to "Islamic terrorists".

These are two interrelated statements which are an integral part of the propaganda and media disinformation campaign.

The "Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)" statement is used to justify the "pre-emptive war" against the "State sponsors of terror", i.e. countries such as Iran which allegedly possess WMD. "Second 9/11": Cheney's "Contingency Plan"

While the "threat" of Iran's alleged WMD is slated for debate at the UN Security Council, Vice President Dick Cheney is reported to have instructed USSTRATCOM to draw up a contingency plan "to be employed in response to another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States". This "contingency plan" to attack Iran uses the pretext of a "Second 9/11" which has not yet happened, to prepare for a major military operation against Iran.

The contingency plan, which is characterized by a military build up in anticipation of possible aerial strikes against Iran, is in a "state of readiness".

What is diabolical is that the justification to wage war on Iran rests on Iran's involvement in a terrorist attack on America, which has not yet occurred: The plan includes a large-scale air assault on Iran employing both conventional and tactical nuclear weapons.

Within Iran there are more than 450 major strategic targets, including numerous suspected nuclear-weapons-program development sites. Many of the targets are hardened or are deep underground and could not be taken out by conventional weapons, hence the nuclear option. As in the case of Iraq, the response is not conditional on Iran actually being involved in the act of terrorism directed against the United States.

Several senior Air Force officers involved in the planning are reportedly appalled at the implications of what they are doing — that Iran is being set up for an unprovoked nuclear attack—but no one is prepared to damage his career by posing any objections. (Philip Giraldi, 'Attack on Iran: Pre-emptive Nuclear War' , The American Conservative, 2 August 2005)

Are we to understand that US military planners are waiting in limbo for a Second 9/11, to launch a military operation directed against Iran, which is currently in a "state of readiness"?

by Michel Chossudovsky

The more i read of this guys stuff, the more like. He really seems to be on to something.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Finally got around to reading that article, after being interrupted multiple times.

It's very interesting. It really goes to show how very little has changed foreign policy wise under Obama. Yes he inherited a bad situation from George Bush, but i think there comes a point when you can't just keep pinning everything on Bush.

Obama has or perhaps he's already had his chance to put things right. When you strip away all the hype surrounding Obama, you realise he hasn't done much....or he could do more.

It's already a disaster in Iraq and Afghanistan. God forbid if the USA should decide to launch another war in Iran or even Venezuela.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It's obvious that the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is being fought as an encirclement strategy against Iran. A country with an outspoken Leader hell-bent on war with Israel. Also the idea, being promoted by the US and UK governments, is that the war in Afghanistan is to stop the Taliban from taking over the country of Pakistan, and its nuclear weapons.

Will the US leave the Region? No, in my opinion - at least not for a very long time. Personally, I think that the way the war is being fought is the wrong one. The Jihadists are playing to their own strenghths of guerilla warfare, propaganda and public discomfort. They have said themselves that they are playing a waiting game knowing that as the military bodybag-count goes up, so public support for the war, will go down.

This war should be fought - if it has to be fought - with overwhelming military strenghth to crush the Taliban quickly.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Circle]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

The Iraq war was of "questionable legitimacy" even though it is unlikely to be proved illegal, a former senior diplomat has said.

Sir Jeremy Greenstock, the UK's ambassador to the UN in 2003, said the invasion did not have the backing of most UN members or the UK public.

But he said he believed the US and UK had "established" its legality and that it had never been challenged in court.

The inquiry is looking into the background to the 2003 invasion.

Inquiry members, headed by Sir John Chilcot, are initially concentrating on UK-US relations in the run-up to war and the UK's assessment of Iraq's military threat. On its fourth day of public hearings, the inquiry examined failed efforts to resolve the Iraq crisis through the United Nations.

Peace.

top topics

join