It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - Waiting For the End of the World - Does Art imitate Life or does Life Imitate Art?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

www.cnn.com...

Seems to me that CNN has even caught on to a disturbing trend that Hollywood keeps shoving down our throats, and that is the countless End of Times films that are becoming increasingly popular that last few years.

My question is this... With all the Doom we constantly watch on TV, the internet, the theater... Are we not eventually going to live out a self-fulfilling prophecy?

I guess another way to phrase it is... Does Life imitate Art?

I have no reason to think otherwise. Todays public mimics what they see on the tube. You do not program that Black Box in your living room... it's programing you.

You may think you are getting the truth from ATS by reading it everyday... but when you take a close look at every thread that's made, 1 out of every 5 of them deals with the same subject: Our inevitable doom. I for one know it's not healthy to constantly dwell on such a subject.

Ya know... I've done my best to expose Hollywood for what it is here on ATS, and I think many of you guys have caught on to what's really happening behind scenes. But I mean if you really take a deeper look at what this article is analyzing... One has to wonder what this means for our society.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Quite curious. Yesterday on their front page was a story titled: Militias: Patriots or Extremists? Seems they are really pushing the 'fringe' topics lately.

There is very little doubt left in my mind that CNN is just another in a long line of politically owned media.

More on topic:
It certainly makes me wonder-I have been reading a lot lately about theories on energy,-that the more collective energy put into something, the more likely that thing is to happen. Certainly makes me wonder if this isnt a concentrated effort to get a collective energy put into these things...

[edit on 17-11-2009 by captaintyinknots]

join