It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the event in Ukraine gotten any MSM attention?... If so, I certainly haven't seen any.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I usually just pay attention to CNN, and they briefly mentioned Ukraine in a Swine Flu blog... But I'm starting to wonder why the MSM hasn't covered the deadly virus outbreak that happened in that region of the world.

You would think the MSM would be all over this, because #1 it's a pretty big story, and #2 it would be a great way to use the more fear tactics over the masses here in the USA.

So maybe I'm not seeing the news coverage, because I haven't looked in the right places... but if the MSM isn't covering this event, then my question is why?

Is there a reason why they wouldn't want the publics attention on what's happening in Ukraine?

I will offer my speculation after I get a few replies.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They haven't jumped on this story because it just adds panic where no profit is to be had. If the Ukraine incident was "swine flu", then they would have already beaten that horse to death. However, since it's not swine flu and there is no vaccine (planned or otherwise) to advertise, spin and sell to the populace, then they don't care.

Seems more like a beta test for a much larger event, if you ask me. We're in the 21st century, in the information age, and we as humans hold ourselves high on passing information in the blink of an eye. Yet with all our media, all our stupid 'tweets', we can't even get the news out that there may be a possible plague outbreak in Ukraine.

We're so advanced, I love waking up in the morning and feeling special knowing we're so technologically plateau'd and make all prior centuries look super inferior. Truth is, if we as a civilization last another 100-200 years, the people then will look back on this era (1920s-Present) and see it as one of the worst times in human history, in almost all regards. The 1800's torturous pseudo-medicine will pale in comparison, because at least in the 1800's they didn't have much choice.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Anybody?

I really would like to know if the MSM has shed any light on the subject.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
CBC briefly mentioned it last week.

Fox News had a 25 second clip yesterday (11/16/09).
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Bloomberg has covered it, and actually did so quite a while before the story even really had any legs(Nov 2nd), but I dont think they have touched on it since, which is curious:

Ukraine Mystery Outbreak Sparks WHO Concern as Disease Spreads
www.bloomberg.com...

The NY Times is trying to play it off as a variation of the swine flu, and actually somewhat blames the people of the Ukraine:
Fragile Care Worsened Swine Flu in Ukraine
www.nytimes.com...

Reuters touched on it briefly, although from a different angle:
Slovakia tightens border with flu-hit Ukraine
www.reuters.com...

Another from NY Times that mentions it briefly:
W.H.O. Rushes Drugs to Nations Hit by Swine Flu
www.nytimes.com...

The trend you'll notice with all of these is that, while they do touch on the Ukraine story, almost all are about something else and just mention the Ukraine in passing. Very easy to miss, if you aren't looking for it.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hi there.
We share the same concern.

A almost complete MSM denial or cover up about The Ukraine outbreak.

My first introducement to this topic was on an alternative news site.
Some while later I read it here on ats.

I'm from the Netherlands so my sources are probably gibberish fore you.
The latest thread I read wrote about minimizing new infected and successful containment of the outbreak.

I'm note sure of course but usually ats is first with that kind of information.

If you'd like I'll try to translate some of the topic fore You.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Over a week ago I the red news banner on the BBC news 24 channel had the heading "Ukraine: has swine flu mutated?"

Since then there has been nothing and I did keep the channel on for several hours after that just in case it came up again.

It was as if it had never been there on my screen.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
like me i suggest everyone looking into this contacts as many actual ukrainians as possible through the numerous profile sites an see what they say

i started last night an will be doin this for the next few weeks to build a picture with substance

but so far they have all said, pretty much its a big hype

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Nothing on the main channels here in England... i'm beginning to think this has just been a lot of fear mongering!!

We'll see if i'm wrong over the next few weeks... i hope i'm right though and it's just swine flu mixed with another flu or polluted water or something like that...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Next to none, apparently. I tried to tell my dad. He listened and then said, "Hey did you hear the CDC said there was no major change in the virus yet". I just stopped there. Some people are too far conditioned to get through to.

top topics

join