It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA Yields Evidence of Nanothermite circa 2001

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Department Of Energy FOIA Records For Nano-Explosive Materials Development Circa 2001

For those of you familiar with Aidan Monaghan he has turned up more provocative government documents using the Freedom of Information Act. This group of articles are scientific papers from the likes of Lawrence Livermore Labs describing "Aerogel" nanothermite materials.

One paper is dated August 18, 1997 and shows conclusive proof of a completely new and original explosive material that have achieved "burn rates 1000 times that of conventional powder mixes." Remember the NatGeo thermite experiment???

DOE Document

DOE pdf

DOE 1997 doc

FOIA Virtual Reading Room

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Here is a quote from 911 blogger with some interesting tidbits.

"- The existence of nanothermite production facility at US Navy's Indian Head facility (just outside of Washington)
- Cost and timing of these production facilities built in the 1990s
- Job adverts for these facilities
- Conferences before Sept 2001 where the versatility of nanothermite was discussed
- articles on the military "energetic" uses of nano-materials
- evidence that the only other known nanothermite production facility, the SNPE facility (located next to the AZF factory) (in France) blowing up 10 days after 9/11 - blowing out every window in Toulose! This explosion was blamed on a Muslim that had started worked at the facility just 5 days earlier."

Link to SNPE explosion article

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Where are all those people claiming it doesn't exist ?(As I find that is a popular rebuttal, when addressing this issue)

How many of you want some Salt an Pepper with those words to eat ?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SirPatrickHenry

I couldn't agree more, reading that first linked doc(1 pager), it almost seemed like they were talking about jones paper. A couple qoutes..

Controlled evaporation of the liquid phase results in a dense porous solid, "xerogel", while supercritical extraction eliminates the surface tension of the retreating liquid phase, producing highly porous "aerogels". A typical dried gel structure is uniform because the particles and the pores between them are on the nanometer scale. In addition to providing fine microstructural and compositional control needed to produce materials that have both high energy density and extremely fast release rates, sol-gel offers other advantages of safety and stability in energetic material processing.

It also talks about size...

Nanocomposites are multicomponent materials in which at least one of the component phases has one or more dimensions (length, width, or thickness) in the nanometer size range, usually defined as 1 to 100 nm.

Talks about adding aluminum...

In addition, we developed a new synthesis route for preparing inorganic oxidizing gel networks from inexspensive hydrated iron salts. By adding a metal fuel (e.g. aluminum) to the sol prior to gelation.

Guess who had already tested it(pre 2001)...

In FY1999 small angle neutron scattering (SANS) a non-destructive method for characterizing nanosctructures was conducted at the NAtional Institute of Standards and Technology on both the energetic nanocomposites and the fuel only samples.

Interesting...

A dynamic molecular model suggests that these small nanometer size crystallites of oxidizer can easily fit within the microporosity of the fuel's primary particles, thereby providing mixing of fuel and oxidizer at levels unattainable by state-of-the-art production.

DSC testing...

Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) of this energetic nanocomposite showed an exotherm at -260C indicating that it is indeed energetic.

And this appears to be a report from 98/99 where it appears they were starting research on controlling temperature and burn rates...

Production of thermites by this wet chemical process reduces the fire hazards associated with conventional processing and allows more intimate mixing of the fuel/oxidizer components with precise stioichiometric control. Early performance results are quite promising: in future research we will explore compositional control to tailor the temperature and rate of burn.

Wheres Pterdine when you need him, I cant wait to hear the rebuttal on this. Nice find OP, look forward to debate.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

Wow so NIST was the testing agency for this? All the evidence just keeps popping up doesn't it. And the most sad part, it's all linked directly to governmental agencies. Very sad.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Sad indeed, to see the OS melt every day. I just want to close my eyes and believe an airplane brought down a hundred and ten stories building in one hour. My government does not tell lies those reports are your imagination.

S&F great post

[edit on 18-11-2009 by impressme]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
S&F, GREAT POST!

Too late for the routine cointelpro... err the OS believers to reply to this post.

i wonder what they will say about this one...

Since the beginning, i have always thought thermite, or thermate was the smoking gun. this paper makes it plausible that it was used on 9/11.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Congrats to Aidan Monaghan and the Truth Movement in his.there efforts exposing this information. And thank goodness for the Freedom of Information Act.

Jones and Company proven right again.

America ain't dead yet!!

NIST tested it?? OMG!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies!

Here is another link describing the explosion at the only other know production facility of nanothermite at the time of the 9/11 attacks.

Judicial sources yesterday confirmed that police had identified one of the dead inside the plant as Hassan Jandoubi, 35, a French national born in Tunisia. He was reportedly dressed in several layers of clothing "in the manner of kamikaze fundamentalists"...
...While he was allegedly one of a group of known Islamic radicals seen celebrating last month's terror attacks in the US, his name does not apparently feature on lists of fundamentalist terrorist suspects maintained by Interpol, the French intelligence service and the counter-espionage agency DST...

...n the day of the blast, Jandoubi was working in hangar 10, 30 yards from hangar 221 whose stock of 200-300 tonnes of ammonium nitrate exploded at 10.17am. Windows were blown out in Toulouse city centre three miles away, 10,000 buildings were damaged, 600 houses or apartments destroyed, and 1,400 families left homeless. Nearly 400 people remain in hospital.

Police were initially intrigued by the fact that Jandoubi was found with a mobile phone fitted with a stolen card. Their interest was further aroused by his autopsy, carried out by a doctor who had worked in the Middle East for the international aid organisation Médecins du Monde and who noted that Jandoubi was wearing two pairs of trousers and four pairs of underpants. The doctor said this reminded her "of the apparel worn by some Islamic militants going into battle or on suicide missions".

French media have claimed the police were barred by the chief prosecutor, Michel Bréard, from searching Jandoubi's flat until five days after the explosion. When they gained access to his home, the judicial source said the police had been unable to find any trace of him there.

"Apparently everything had been cleared out," the source said. "There were none of his clothes, none of his personal effects, not even any photos of him. The woman he lived with said she had thrown everything out straight away because she could not bear to be reminded of him."

The Guardian

From CNN:

Hassan Jandoubi, 35, a French national born in Tunisia, was found dead at the scene. He was dressed in several layers of garments, which the reports said were "in the manner of kamikaze fundamentalists."

Jandoubi was hired to work at the AZF plant by a subcontractor five days before the explosion.

Authorities said it took five days to get permission to search Jandoubi's apartment, a delay that hurt the investigation. When the apartment was entered, it was found cleaned out. There were no clothes or photos.

The blast killed 29 people, injured hundreds of others and damaged scores of buildings, including schools, hospitals, businesses and homes. According to the French Interior Ministry, 1,170 people were injured.

CNN

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The funny thing about 9/11 is that, no matter the subject, there are so many "coincidences" and evidence that have suspicious connections. Thanks PersonalChoice for pointing out the fact that NIST(unbelievable) was responsible for testing this new technology! Any investigation into arson would demand that the use of explosives, accelerants or "energetic materials" be considered. In an arson investigation it is SOP, yet NIST and FEMA continue to disregard mountains of evidence including eyewitness and video evidence of explosions at the scene.

When Prof Jones paper was accepted at Open Chemical Physics Journal the editor and chief Professor Marie-Paule Pileni suddenly resigned. She claimed she could not validate the science yet it appears Ms. Pileni worked as a consultant at SNPE where the explosion occurred!!

Here is another dot to connect regarding nanothermite:

From Snowcrashe's blog on 911blogger:

The editor in chief of the journal where recently the paper: "Active Thermitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center Catastrophe" was published, resigned, claiming she wasn't informed of the publication. She proceeds to provide not a single solid scientific rebuttal, only administrative bickering and personal political bias against, well.. inconvenient science. One particularly notable comment attributed to Ms. Pileni is this one: "Marie-Paule Pileni points out that because the topic lies outside her field of expertise, she cannot judge whether the article in itself is good or bad.".

Strangely, her areas of research seem to contradict that. I'll quote you an excerpt of her resume:
OTHER ACTIVITIES
1990-1992: Chairperson on workshops related to the French Defense research.
1989-1992: Consultant at the Minister of Recherche concerning the National Defense 1989: Member of the “Institut des Hautes Etudes de Défense Européenne”.
1987-1988: Member of the ’“Institut des Hautes Etudes de Défense Nationale” (IHEDN)1984-1986: Member of National exam in Chemistry

EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERSHIP
2006: Accounts of Chemical Research, American Chemical Society.
Journal of experimental nanosciences, Publisher Taylor&Francis.
2002: Journal of Physical Chemistry, Board member, American Chemical Society.

CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
1990-1994: Société Nationale des Poudres et Explosifs, SNPE, France (Literally translated: National Society of Powders and Explosives)

LABORATORY MANAGEMENT
2001: Laboratoire des matériaux mésoscopiques et nanomètriques, LM2N.
1992-2000: Structure et réactivité des systèmes interfaciaux, SRI. (Literally translated: Structure and reactivity of interfacial systems)

Interesting. Firm ties with the French/European military industrial complex. Experience with explosives and nanotechnology. It's reasonable to assume Ms. Pileni is familiar with nano-explosives. So Ms. Pileni's contention that "the topic lies outside my field of expertise" is false. Why would a nanotechnology expert and former consultant for the SNPE not want to comment on a paper discussing nano-thermitic explosives? A paper which caused her to resign? Puzzling.

(Credit goes to DHS for first bringing this resignation to my attention in a comment on 911blogger. It's being discussed at Randi** as well.)

Update:
The phrase "powders and explosives" and "powdered explosives" I used previously may have caused some confusion. I decided to investigate further. What I found with some simple googling was disconcerting to say the least. Let's clear up the confusion first. The French word "la poudre" may mean several things. Normally, it means "powder". However, it can also mean "gunpowder", or something along the lines of "solid propellant". I invite French readers of 911blogger to comment further, since my French isn't stellar. The SNPE appears to be a French corporation manufacturing propellants and explosives. This can involve, for example, the charges that set off to open and deploy air bags in a car accident. They were preceded by the "Service des poudres de l'Armée", which I would translate as "Army Gunpowder Service". Without going into the history of France' gunpowder supply too much, this should put it into context for you what is probably meant by "Poudres et Explosifs". Again, I invite French 911bloggers to elaborate.

I visited SNPE's website, and eventually found the English version. There, under the banner "Energetic Materials", I found the following explanation: "SNPE Matériaux Energétique manufactures propellant charges and energetic equipment, primarily for the defense and automotive industries, and also makes propellants and explosives for military applications"

Yes I find it suspicious that 5 days after 9/11 one of the 2 known manufacturing sites for advanced explosives suspected in the 9/11 attacks is destroyed and that the investigation was delayed and all evidence removed.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Initially, I didn't know what to think after 9/11. I was technically "asleep." I never fully trusted people in high level positions to give me the truth so that kept me questioning. The first question I had was about an article where politicians where telephoned in advance and warned not to fly on 9/11. When I found out that was confirmed, it led to other questions. I eventually watched loose change. They had a lot of questions that I had as well but had never given much thought to. Over time I learned more and more.

The main point is there are questions, so many questions. Things left unanswered. Those that question are silenced. And when you listen to the silenced questions, they are all legitimate questions. When I see professionals with open minds now confirming things that were considered irrelevant then, and I see these professionals credentials called into question simply because of research that goes against the official story. Then out of the blue, we get answers to why those officials silencing dissent may have a motivation for not allowing the truth to be known...it becomes clearer and clearer.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

why hasn't anyone try to debunk this one, or defend the OS?

What does this new information provide for the truther campaign, or is this just another coincidence?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I think it adds another coincidence to the pile of coincidences. What started off as a bunch of theories in the 9/11 truth communities has really refined itself to one theory. Whether or not 9/11 was pulled off from the inside or not the truth here is that elements of our government have been implicit in lying to the world. The evidence is overwhelming in favor of 9/11 OS was a big lie. Determining why they were lying may require more digging to satisfy the skeptics, but we should start with reopening the investigation to 9/11 to answer the discrepancies and give voices to those that have information of why it was covered up.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
*cricket cricket*

you hear that?

thats the sound of the defenders of the rove/zelikow fairy tale.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wholetruth
*cricket cricket*

you hear that?

thats the sound of the defenders of the rove/zelikow fairy tale.

i died on that one.

I wonder whats going to be said. i bet the "think tanks" are scrambling to cope with this new evidence.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

The funny thing about 9/11 is that, no matter the subject, there are so many "coincidences" and evidence that have suspicious connections. Thanks PersonalChoice for pointing out the fact that NIST(unbelievable) was responsible for testing this new technology! Any investigation into arson would demand that the use of explosives, accelerants or "energetic materials" be considered. In an arson investigation it is SOP, yet NIST and FEMA continue to disregard mountains of evidence including eyewitness and video evidence of explosions at the scene.

The clear avoidance to even look at the evidences is evident enough to show that NIST, has gone out of their way to cover up this false flag operation. Not to mention the outright lies they told of no eyewitness to have seen or heard explosions at the WTC these people need to be held accountable and prosecuted for treason for helping the real terrorist get way with murder.

I don’t care what the government lapdogs think, 911 is never going away and this country “cannot” move ahead until the real criminals are brought to justice.
American lost everything on the morning of 911 look around at the mess this country is in. We are rapidly sliding down the tubes, do you all know why? Because, when one does something very evil to someone else it come back ten folds same as doing something good. It is a balance of universal energies, and that is a fact. We have killed millions of people over a lie and a false flag operation, and we choose to do nothing about it. It certainly looks like the powers that be in our United States have been “hijacked” by an evil, greedy, lawless, powerful, untouchable coup. The price might be, for our country to become a poor broken destroyed economically impoverish third world country, no wonder our corporations are in a hurry to get out of here.
I hope to God I am wrong, but I don’t think so.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

The clear avoidance to even look at the evidences is evident enough to show that NIST, has gone out of their way to cover up this false flag operation. Not to mention the outright lies they told of no eyewitness to have seen or heard explosions at the WTC these people need to be held accountable and prosecuted for treason for helping the real terrorist get way with murder.

I don’t care what the government lapdogs think, 911 is never going away and this country “cannot” move ahead until the real criminals are brought to justice.
American lost everything on the morning of 911 look around at the mess this country is in. We are rapidly sliding down the tubes, do you all know why? Because, when one does something very evil to someone else it come back ten folds same as doing something good. It is a balance of universal energies, and that is a fact. We have killed millions of people over a lie and a false flag operation, and we choose to do nothing about it. It certainly looks like the powers that be in our United States have been “hijacked” by an evil, greedy, lawless, powerful, untouchable coup. The price might be, for our country to become a poor broken destroyed economically impoverish third world country, no wonder our corporations are in a hurry to get out of here.
I hope to God I am wrong, but I don’t think so.

Well, like it or not America has "moved on". A very long time ago. In fact America and the world were never were you are. They didn't need to move away.

As for America going to hell in a handbag. Boy have I heard that before. Just never happens. You eventually realize you only hear that from people who have created their own hell and are wondering why no one else is there.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Well, like it or not America has "moved on". A very long time ago. In fact America and the world were never were you are. They didn't need to move away.

No, America has not moved on because, unlike you, most Americans know they were lied to and do not know what really happened on 911. besides what does your topic to me have to do with:

www.doeal.gov...

Nothing.

As for America going to hell in a handbag. Boy have I heard that before. Just never happens. You eventually realize you only hear that from people who have created their own hell and are wondering why no one else is there.

Your ignorance is noted: perhaps you should consider doing some real research on the subject of “corruption in our government”. You pretend that our government is always honest to the people all the time. It is obvious that you have a genuine dislike on my comments on the subject, however you have never disproven anything I have made claim to.

Political corruption

Political corruption is the use of legislated powers by government officials for illegitimate private gain. Misuse of government power for other purposes, such as repression of political opponents and general police brutality, is not considered political corruption. Neither are illegal acts by private persons or corporations not directly involved with the government. An illegal act by an officeholder constitutes political corruption only if the act is directly related to their official duties.
All forms of government are susceptible to political corruption. Forms of corruption vary, but include bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and embezzlement. While corruption may facilitate criminal enterprise such as drug trafficking, money laundering, and trafficking, it is not restricted to these activities.
The activities that constitute illegal corruption differ depending on the country or jurisdiction. For instance, certain political funding practices that are legal in one place may be illegal in another. In some cases, government officials have broad or poorly defined powers, which make it difficult to distinguish between legal and illegal actions.
Corruption of all forms is rampant around the world. Worldwide, bribery alone is estimated to involve over 1 trillion US dollars annually.[1] A state of unrestrained political corruption is known as a kleptocracy, literally meaning "rule by thieves".

en.wikipedia.org...

Government Corruption

www.pogo.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

That's an excellent little video clip. The interviewers ask pertinent logical questions and are polite!!! . . . !!!. (Give their parents the medal of freedom! Somebody taught them manners. Were they educated overseas?) We're a long way from O'Reilly and Hannity here. Dr. Goebbels must be rolling in his grave. No "big lies" are being told.

Dare I hope that we are gaining traction. Forget about that. Gotta keep plugging away and maintain form. It ain't over til it's over.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by ipsedixit]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join