It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure efforts on the way?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
have been aliens on this planet for years.

And those aliens are :
1. Martians
2. Reptilians
3. Grey aliens

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by M0bstar

Yeahhhh...um was it just me or did any1 else see the topic about "Obama disclosing UFO's" MONTHS ago? Im sorry i dont believe any "disclosure" put out by any "government official"....because we all know wat will happen, they will bow it all off as weather balloons or some bullsh!t like that, or they will tell us things we already know, and word it differently like they always do....

I think it makes a lot of sense that the US government could, quite possibly be preparing to disclose their UFO files. It only makes sense it will happen eventually... You have to agree on that, now whether it happens during our lifetime or not is the question.

But based off of recent disclosures from countries such as Brazil, France, England, and the many others, I feel that this event is going to happen sooner rather than later.

And why would they continue to try and cover up UFO sightings and cases when the majority of people are aware of their presence. We have a lot more technology to our advantage and so to say, logic, that can help us easily deciphor between a mere weather balloon and a true unidentified flying object.

Ya they may continue to hide the true technology (if is is to their advantage), but the basic question of "are we being visiting" is becoming to hard to continue to hide...

honestly do you think the "great Obama" will let their secrets out about what they know about aliens and UFO's after keeping them secrets all these years....AND do you even think Hobama knows ANYTHING at all about the ACTUAL TRUTH??....last time i checked the "Majestic" or "Majic" level was ABOVE the president....just something to think about

And I just want to comment on this. I do believe that there is a very real possibility that the president is not at the top of the security clearance and doesn't know everything. But he is the commander and chief for god's sake, he is at the top of the chain! And I am pretty sure that he is WELL aware of the alien/ufo subject. And my best bet, based on the simple truth (and Occams Razor) is that he has access or is able to obtain access to such files.

The only thing that would really lead me to think that disclosure might not be coming within the next year or two is because of the current global financial crisis and everything that is occuring in the world today

[edit on 17-11-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01
i]reply to post by M0bstar

And why would they continue to try and cover up UFO sightings and cases when the majority of people are aware of their presence.

Yes, the government would be very stupid if they continue to cover up Aliens and UFOs.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli
so ur saying because it came from the catholic church and not the government that it loses total credibility? thats harsh! and also one sided.

That's not what I said.

I said the religious institutions, the Catholic church being one of them, enforced that belief, because well, it helped the creation myth many of them preached. Ask Giordano Bruno.

A minor detail but, at the time, the Catholic church was the Government.

but again, why do you PICK YOUR BATTLES!?!?

Are you referring to the fact that I don't want to discuss the videos you claim show UFOs being targeted by lasers? Well, I thought I was explicit on that.

I don't want to discuss those because, as I explained, they were off-topic and I didn't find those videos very compelling. Bottom line, I remain unconvinced those videos show anything strange, much less any wars between humans and aliens as you claim.

If you consider "picking my battles" not finding a particular story or video compelling, fine. I call it weight of evidence.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Aliens on this planet for years?

I will never look at my Wife the same again

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01
I do believe that there is a very real possibility that the president is not at the top of the security clearance and doesn't know everything. But he is the commander and chief for god's sake, he is at the top of the chain! And I am pretty sure that he is WELL aware of the alien/ufo subject. And my best bet, based on the simple truth (and Occams Razor) is that he has access or is able to obtain access to such files.

Your first statement seems contradictory with the rest of the paragraph.

Anyway, I tend to share your opinion (the first one), that there's a real possibility that the President doesn't know everything.

Contrary to what the Bush administration tried to establish, the President is not omnipotent. And when it comes to classification, compartmentalization and need-to-know are very real and established concepts.

If there is indeed information about about extra-terrestrial life visiting Earth, or even beings or technology of said extra-terrestrial life under possession of the US Government or military, this information would certainly receive if not the highest, one of the highest possible classifications. It's not, then, a stretch to think that such information would require need-to-know for example.

If that is the case, even if one has the necessary clearance, one wouldn't automatically have access to it unless one had need to know about it.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

Just saying it is quite possible that this may be happening right now, because of what is going on...

but it is also possible that other current events could be preventing disclosure from happening..

But we can only SPECULATE, that is all

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

And I do understand completely what you are saying with the basis of our argument on history. But it does seem like we are entering a new age, and the possibility that things could be changing are very evident around us. So I don't think it is a far leap at all to thing that Obama would not WANT to disclose such files... If there is nothing bad why not?

On the other hand, adding to my list of why the government would not want to disclose such files would be if the "visitors" were a potential threat. ...which studies and simple logic can show that such advanced visitors are most likely not going to be hostile. So i think we can rule that one out for the most part as well...

But based off the logic that with as civilizations advance they will ultimately become less hostile and government and scientists STUDIES it has not really be clear that they would be hostile. If they were, there would be little we could do to against them... so why not disclose it.... again leading me to believe that something monumental COULD be right around the corner...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

Originally posted by rickyrrr
As if "revealing yourself" is the ultimate dream of every life form.

I'm not proposing that, I'm merely pointing out that that is what people in the disclosure camp are expecting- that the 'truth' shall be revealed, and that includes the actual beings.

Assuming they existed, (and they might) What makes you think that they WANT to reveal themselves?

Nothing. And I've never said otherwise.

I never said that you said otherwise. But your post carried the seemingly deliberate implication that if they have not revealed themselves, their lack of "self disclosure" weakens the argument for conspiracy theories about government cover-ups. Your exact words were:

"When one looks at it seriously, one quickly recognizes that the Government cover-up theories can't thoroughly account for and explain why, if there are these beings visiting our planet, they haven't reveled themselves."

It only weakens them if "revealing themselves" is an imperative, because if it is not an imperative, then there can be any number of other reasons for the absence of "Self disclosure" if we can call it that.

Since you now concede that you don't believe it is an imperative, then would you say that such an implication is not necessarily there?

-rrr

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

THANKS . . . after studying globalism since 1965 and UFO's since about 1960/62 . . .

it has increasingly been obvious to me that

the whole thing is incredibly complex.

Smoke and mirrors and Alice's rabbit hole and convoluted layers of intrigue and manipulation; charades and mis-directions and disinformation in abundance.

. . . which . . . one would sort of expect with such a complex, long term plan to control the planet.

Yeah, they COULD do a lot of things more simply and more directly. My impression is that doing so would risk their being outted and attacked more directly and possibly losing control.

Doing things this way helps insure they are safer behind all the layers and convolutions.

They have time though it seems that they are increasingly speeding things up.

I also think a lot of their maneuvers and manipulations are trial balloons and efforts to test various aspects of some of their schemes before the grand finale.

Tanks for your kind reply.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Uhhhh, no.

I do NOT ASSUME THAT THEIR INTENTIONS ARE GOOD AT ALL. They are devilish, genocidal, traitorous to the max, blood thirsty, greedy, horrifically destructive to the max.

That's just the reality and certainly the evidence.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Depending at which side you look at... how full is the glass?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPatrickHenry

Thanks for your kind reply.

Maybe I'll think of some other questions later.

Sometimes questions from other people helps us uncover things we know but don't realize that we know.

Do you have any gestalt, any impression of a summary sort of awareness that would afford you some above average quality guessing about the topic and the next 6 months?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by deejayiwan

common sense dictates a disclosure will upset the global economy and religion. the few countries' stranglehold on energy/oil will be gone...

link   

Originally posted by Millions

To th original poster :

Interesting thread. But where did you hear these comments from David Cameron and President Sarkozy? Do you have any links to exactly what was said - I'd be really interested to read that.

Thanks,

John

The quote from Cameron was taken totally out of context......you can see what he actually said here

link   
Obama will make the announcement when he heads to Oslo to accept his Nobel peace prize.

Also, has anyone seen that Race to Witch Mountain remake starring The Rock. The opening credits of that movie is 5 minutes of real ufo footage.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

By definition . . . . given my construction on reality . . .

1. submitting to and worshiping satan leading a global tyrannical government is

BAD TO THE MAX.

2. Holding the least bit positive any governmental force, entity, group determined to depopulate the earth forcably down to 200 million is lunacy first and then BAD TO THE MAX.

3. Traitorously shredding the USA's Constitution is BAD.

4. Setting up Islam and Christians to destroy each other to enable enslaving and forcing the rest to worship global leader satan is BAD TO THE MAX.

5. Setting a global government and economic system up that is the bastardized worst of Communism and Capitalism is BAD TO THE MAX.

I can't see such things any other way.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by deejayiwan

common sense dictates a disclosure will upset the global economy and religion. the few countries' stranglehold on energy/oil will be gone...

Exactly that's why David Wilcock has stated that we will see the collapse of the NWO/Cabal. And as soon as we see that, it will be simultaneous with Disclosure.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Yes I agree with some of what you say...

And I really dont want to get in a political debate about this because we will both argue for ages and will still wont come to an agreement.

but looking on a larger scale, and maybe this is my own bias, but from the ancients... to rome.... to the midevil times to now... it seems like civilization and evolved and become smarter and thus less hostile. sure there is some corruption in the world... there always has been, and probably always will be. but looking at the grand scheme it seems like... as civilizations advance, they ultimately become more peaceful.....

-----

And also in that post you are describing, only a handful of those in the world today... some of the really bad people or things that have occured because of them... But when you look at it on global scale, things are suddenly much different... For the most part, with civilization as we have gotten more intelligent we have gotten more peaceful, said it a million times, and thats my take on it.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Excellent post.

I will say though, David Cameron's quote is out of context...

Mr Cameron laughed and replied: "I'm convinced we have been visited by alien life forms - and one of them is the trade secretary Peter Mandelson."
He then said: "I have no idea there is intelligent life out there and no idea whether any of the sightings which have taken place or whether any incidents which have taken place have any basis in truth.

"I do believe in freedom of information and openness and this question has been asked from time to time and I think we should be as open and clear as possible....

www.mirror.co.uk...

Still a good post though, cheers.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by and14263]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join