It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure efforts on the way?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Disclosure efforts on the way?

Hello
i found this article on the net from a few days..it states disclosure efforts are being made...

The White House has released a list of visitors. Topping the list is Andy Stern president of the Service Employees International with 22 visits. Second on the list is John Podesta with 17 visits who has supported efforts from the UFO research community to pressure the United States government to release files to the public that could bring light on the simmering allegations of conspiracies and cover-up of the issue. At a 2002 news conference, Podesta stated, "It is time for the government to declassify records that are more than 25 years old and to provide scientists with data that will assist in determining the real nature of this phenomenon". Obama may now decide to join in with the Vatican and other world leaders such as France’s Nicolas Sarkozy to announce extraterrestrial presence. David Cameron the Conservative leader in the UK said he "was convinced" the Earth had been visited by aliens and has vowed to publish any secret files that may exist on UFOs if he becomes Prime Minister”. The Washington Post announced today, “The Vatican's Pontifical Academy of Sciences is holding its first major conference on astrobiology, the new science that seeks to find extraterrestrial life in the universe and to understand how life began on Earth. In The United Kingdom, newly released files reveal that Lord Hill-Norton a former head of the Armed Forces wrote to the defence secretary urging him to “demonstrate a more serious concern” over the Bentwaters UFO sighting. Files previously released by the Ministry of Defence disclose that Lord Hill-Norton a five-star Admiral and the former Head of the British Ministry of Defence was kept in the dark about the UFO subject during his official capacities. In a short interview with James Fox, the late Admiral emphatically stated that, “The UFO subject has great significance and should no longer be denied and kept secret; there is a serious possibility that we are being visited — and have been visited for many years — by people from outer space, from other civilizations; that it behooves us to find out who they are, where they come from, and what they want.” This should be the subject of rigorous scientific investigation.” Some excerpts from that interview: "I know a good bit about the Bentwaters incident. I’ve interviewed a number of the people who took part in it, and what I have decided after careful thought, is that there are only two explanations for what happened that night in Suffolk. The first is that the people concerned — including Colonel Halt, who was, at the time, the Deputy Commander of the Base, and a lot of his soldiers — claim that something from outside the Earth’s atmosphere landed at their air force base. They went and stood by it; they inspected it; they photographed it. The following day they took tests on the ground where it had been and found radioactive traces; they reported this. Colonel Halt wrote a memorandum, which was sent to our Ministry of Defense. He has appeared on British television at least once, to my knowledge — possibly more often — in which he has repeated, effectively, what he said in that memorandum. What he said is what I have just described. That is one explanation — that it actually happened as Colonel Halt reported. The other explanation is that it didn’t. In that case, one is bound to assume that Colonel Halt and all his men were hallucinating. My position is perfectly clear — either of those explanations is of the utmost defense interest. It has been reported and claimed — and I, myself, have raised it to ministers at the Defense Ministry in this country — that nothing they have been informed about regarding UFOs is of defense interest. Surely, to any sensible person, either of those explanations cannot fail to be of defense interest. That the Colonel of an American Air Force Base in Suffolk and his military men are hallucinating when there are nuclear-armed aircraft on the base — this must be of defense interest. And, if indeed what he says took place, did take place — and why on Earth should he make it up — then, surely, the entry of a vehicle from outer space (and certainly not manmade) to a defense base in this country also cannot fail to be of defense interest. It simply isn’t any good for our ministers — and the Ministry of Defense in particular — to say that nothing took place that December night in Suffolk, or that it is not of defense interest. It simply isn’t true. Since my name has become connected with UFO matters in quite a big way in this country, and in one or two other countries too, I have frequently been asked why a person of my background — a former Chief of the Defense Staff, a former Chairman of the NATO Military Committee — why I think there is a cover-up, or what the reasons may be for government’s wishing to cover up the facts about UFOs. A number of explanations have often been put forward. The most frequent, and perhaps the most plausible, is the government’s concern (which [is] primarily that of the United States, and that of my own country) over the public’s reaction if they [were] told the truth — which is that there are objects in our atmosphere which are technically miles in advance of anything that we can deploy, that we have no means of stopping them coming here, and that we have no defense against them, should they be hostile.

FULL LINKS HERE

22050hz.blogspot.com...

xm....

i had to illustrate with this video

really...are there any disclosure efforts on the way?

thanks

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Are Disclosure efforts on the way?

Well I tend to agree and say YES!

There is far more stuff on TV recently about Aliens and them being friendly (ignoring the new V).

Obama is supposed to be disclosing something the end of this month.

The big conference in Barcelona back in July stated the same thing and that they have given all the evidence / proof to Obama as well as other leaders of the World etc.

It's like saying that somethings on the tip of your tongue.

We're getting very close and I am getting very excited.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Just like to point out, IN the last month, NASA, as been preparing for disclosure. I got no proof, other than family ties, with top secret clearance in NASA.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Great Article, S & F.

I think the fact that John Podesta has logged 17 visits to the whitehouse is proof enough that some kind of disclosure effort is going on in the whitehouse. It is now obvious that disclosure is a topic of discussion in the whitehouse. I pray that Obama takes the next step and proves that he is willing to bring the change he promised.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Great article indeed, S+F for your Sir

Will it ever happen? I would like to think so, and soon. Baring in mind that there are people working behind the scenes to try and STOP it from happening. It could go either way really.

Staying positive will bring a positve outcome

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I hope it happens because people think I've been going crazy for the last few years! Ha! But really there is so much to learn it will be an adventure for us all! Can't wait.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Some info on John Podesta from WiKi - should be reliable. Exciting stuff eh!

John Podesta has supported efforts from the UFO research community to pressure the United States government to release files to the public that could bring light on the simmering allegations of conspiracies and cover-up of the issue. At a 2002 news conference organized by Coalition for Freedom of Information Podesta stated that, "It is time for the government to declassify records that are more than 25 years old and to provide scientists with data that will assist in determining the real nature of this phenomenon".[4] When he worked for the Clinton White House Podesta was in charge of a project to declassify 800 million pages of intelligence documents

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Great info!

The prominent fact here is that he has made 22 visits to the whitehouse. 22!!!!!! Obviously if the Obama admin. had no interest in him and his agenda, he wouldn't have made it past 3 or 4. 22 means he is actively engaged in some kind administration activity, unless he just really likes taking tours lol.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by deejayiwan

Good post Iwan, it could have done with some paragraph spacing though!

It may be difficult for other cultures to understand the British but people like Lord Admiral Hill-Norton don't make the comments he did willy-nilly, especially to Parliament.

People shouldn't underestimate the position he held - I've seen comments before saying: "he was in charge of an aircraft carrier"

He would have been told of *any* significant security threats to our country. I think he moderated the statements he has made even though he stated that it is mainly the US and UK government that are blocking disclosure.

If this is true, and I have no reason to think otherwise, why the US and UK? Is it because the US is highly religous and we as their closest ally support that? Or some other reason?

As many people are aware, any country that has significant trade with the US has very strict conditions imposed to allow that trade. So any country risks losing its trade with the US if it goes against its wishes.

[edit on 17/11/2009 by LightFantastic]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So you make this assessment based on the fact that John Podesta, who has called out for more Government transparency on the UFO topic, was the second most frequent visitor to the White House?

Did anyone else consider the fact that John Podesta was a frequent visitor to the White House because was Bill Clinton's chief of staff? Or maybe because Podesta headed the Obama transition team?

I'm not dismissing the possibility of John Podesta talking UFOs with the President, or even being that some of the reasons for his visits to the White House, but since he had all these non-UFO related reasons to be visiting the White House, until we have some more concrete evidence pointing to that being the reason for his visits I don't think anyone should be jumping to conclusions.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPatrickHenry

Could you be a bit more specific please? just a little bit...in what way could they be preparing? Does it have to do something with the ruins on the Moon?

to deejayiwan: interesting, S*!

[edit on 17/11/09 by Cybernet]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

Your right in the sense that we can't jump to conclusions about the nature of visits without any hard facts about his activities and purposes of his visits. It is appropriate, however, to speculate about the nature of his visits based on the hard facts we do have.

Even if Podesta had a role to play in the Clinton administration, you can't logically conclude that no efforts were made on the behalf of disclosure. It must be taken into note that 15 years ago, disclosure was no where near as popular of a movement as it is now. In the present day, especially with other nations of the world declassifying their UFO files, and with the advent of the information age and the internet, disclosure is without doubt a topic that Obama is aware of. With the countless letters, e-mails, polls, petitions, ect. that have become apart of the disclosure movement, it is almost impossible to rule out that Podesta has not discussed the subject with some branch of the Obama administration. I remember in the first few weeks of the new administration, a web program was set up on a government web page where anyone could put forward a topic they want the goverment to act on. One of the top topics was UFO disclosure, so there is no way that this topic has been ingnored. Whether or not disclosure happens or not is anyones guess, but I am leaning more and more towards the idea that it may happen in some form or another in the near future... certainly in our lifetime.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If anything it sounds like they might realese some files on UFOs at best guess, like Brazil and co have done, it wont bring us solid proof and will most likely contain a lot of blacked out ink spots causing even more speculation. Hardly disclosure.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirPatrickHenry

Just like to point out, IN the last month, NASA, as been preparing for disclosure. I got no proof, other than family ties, with top secret clearance in NASA.

I tend to disagree, no such disclosure other than what is already known. If that is your idea of disclosure then its more or less accepted. If you are referring to the full spectrum then your way off, its simply not time..!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
It is appropriate, however, to speculate about the nature of his visits based on the hard facts we do have.

As long as people keep in mind that it is speculation at this point. Unfortunately, speculation is all it takes for people to run with this thing and make huge assumptions and statements as if they are proven fact.

One only has to look at the disclosure movement, particularly Stephen Bassett, where interesting accounts (most of them unverifiable), interesting theories, speculative stories (some of them even proven hoaxes) on the internet are taken as if they are proven fact beyond a shadow of a doubt to support the claims that he, and others, make.

I'm not, again, dismissing outright any of the claims Bassett and others make, I am however cautiously pointing out that they are far from being proven fact.

Yes, we can speculate all we want, but let's make the line between interesting speculative ideas and reality clear.

Even if Podesta had a role to play in the Clinton administration, you can't logically conclude that no efforts were made on the behalf of disclosure.

No, I can't. And I didn't - I explicitly mentioned that I couldn't dismiss the possibility.

However, until there is something concrete to support that idea, taking into consideration the prominent job Podesta had in Obama's transition, I don't find the number of visits to the White House indicative of anything other than someone who had a legitimate justification to be visiting the White House frequently for mundane reasons.

In the present day, especially with other nations of the world declassifying their UFO files, and with the advent of the information age and the internet, disclosure is without doubt a topic that Obama is aware of. (...) One of the top topics was UFO disclosure, so there is no way that this topic has been ingnored.

I tend to agree with that to a certain degree, but none of that automatically means that disclosure is on the way, or even possible.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

An excellent post. I would have to say that the odds are better that he is talking about non Disclosure related topics but then again you never know. If there were also some heavies from the science and media communities meeting somewhere then I might be more curious. Full blown Disclosure of the type often suggested on these forums would need more preparation by more parties then just some visits to the White House by a White House insider.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think that the US has no choice but to go ahead with Disclosure.

Another poster said that many other countries have already come forward and said their bit. It's making the US look like right idiots by not saying anything.

What would they do if for instance Russia came forward and said something along the lines of "We had our own Roswell, we captured a craft and have reverse engineered it. We are putting this technology into all our Military machines and soon into more civil uses."

The US would instantly be left in the stone age and would be up the creek without a paddle so to speak.

It could happen and the longer they leave it, the more likely it will happen.

The fact that Podesta has been to the White House a lot, just before Obama is supposed to be making some kind of announcement actually makes 2+2 =4, not 5!

Too much of a conincidence??

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is a very good and comprehensive list. Without disclosure as an actual event that has arrived, one thing this list does, is name names, department of defense, politicians, and various credentialled individuals and should end once and for all the endless argument that is so much moot and a dead horse, as to whether there are ufos, and whether they are piloted by ETS.

As an experiencer I find this list interesting, and watch skeptics closely. Surely it can't be a lack of common sense that makes the same arguments continue over and over again?

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

I remember in the first few weeks of the new administration, a web program was set up on a government web page where anyone could put forward a topic they want the goverment to act on. One of the top topics was UFO disclosure, so there is no way that this topic has been ingnored. Whether or not disclosure happens or not is anyones guess, but I am leaning more and more towards the idea that it may happen in some form or another in the near future... certainly in our lifetime.

Obviously the ridiculous amounts of posts with links to documents showing all far and wide that anything remotely associated with UFO's is STRICTLY an NSA issue.

There is absolutely NOTHING the president can do or suggest that will remotely make an eyebrow twitch.

Such is the case for top secret UFO information. In 1980, for example, researchers requesting information through the FOIA learned of the existence of 156 top secret UFO-related documents held by the National Security Agency (NSA). This lead was not found through the NSA itself, but through internal references in UFO-related documents held by other government agencies. When the researchers filed a FOIA request for the 156 NSA UFO documents, they were denied access to all of them. They appealed, but Judge Gerhard Gesell of the First Federal Court, District of Columbia, after reviewing the 21-page written argument submitted by the NSA, denied their appeal. The 21-page summary was later released, but even in this summary most of the information was blacked out.1

1. Judge Gesell Ruling re National Security Agency, November 14, 1980.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by tristar]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
awesome. The best thing we could use is any governments in connection with viscious alien species simply being infiltrated by humans and/or benevolent ally species so they all constantly have accidents & leaks until earth is free from whatevrer is occupying us.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join