It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen the mini show the PRISONER ON AMC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
So there is this new mini series on the AMC CHANNEL called the PRISONER its pretty deep. The show started on Sunday a 2 hour show for three nights. It is based on a guy named #6 who somehow has noticed something wrong with his surroundings. He lives in a place called THE VILLAGE where everyone takes 3 pills a day dont know why, ran buy a guy called #2.

Now this is just a nice sci phi type show except it shows SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES IN IT RELATED TO PIGS, MINITURE BLACKHOLES AND SOME TOWERS this is what made me do a thread on it. The first subliminal message was in the first episode it showd #6 losin it and he started seeing people he knew briefly change to pig people, yea told yal its deep. The second one I noticed was yesterday in episode 2 there were these MINITURE BLACK HOLES starting to form in the village and the people were told its because of the weather. Oh yea all the people are # named and they all feel the VILLAGE IS ALL THAT EXIST ON EARTH I DONT EVEN THINK THEY KNOW OF EARTH. Anyway the second subliminal was after a little girl fell into one of the miniture blackholes they BROADCASTED HOW THERE IS A PIG SALE BUY 1 GET 1 FREE. BECAUSE THE SWINE BREATH CAN KEEP YOU SUSTAINED _SUSTAINED SMH_ FROM WHAT I THOUGHT. The show remindes me of the MATRIX a little in fact 4 hours befor it came on the MATRIX RELOADED CAME ON THEN THE MATRIX REVOLUTION right before the show did same channel. The last thing I noticed in the movie is #6 was told to follow the 2 TOWERS to escape and part 3 comes on tonight @ 8:00 you can catch yesterdays episode @ 6:00 pm befor the final one starts. Its a show that many on ATS MAY FIND INTERESTING SO ENJOY IT IF YOU CAN.

Yea being on ATS I thought I would check and see if anyone else seen this mini series and seen any of the sublims. So if you seen the PRISONER MINI SERIES SPEAK ON IT.

[edit on 11/17/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's pretty good. I like it better than the original British one from the 60's. Probably because I dont have to focus through thick accents to understand what's going on.

Although, it seems rushed. Like they're trying to cram as much in to each episode as possible. The original went on for 17 episodes. This one is like, what, 6?

I'm curious to see if this one ends the same way.

Giant bouncing sentry orbs FTW!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hi,

This was a cult TV show in the late 60's. Please the Wiki link....

en.wikipedia.org...

If you search on Google you'll find there is still a cult following.

It was surreal and apparently the last episode was never completed the way it was intended - numbher 6 was supposed to be - No. 1!

The location was a holiday village in North Wales.

Peace!

[edit on 17-11-2009 by The Wave]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
i love the show. one of the best ive seen on television in awhile.

might be deep for the normal audience or even confusing but its hidden messages aught to enlighten them up

i am not a number!

[edit on 17-11-2009 by platipus]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wow I didnt know it was a recreation of and old school show. I find it pretty interesting as well. Also did the old version have references to PIGS, MINUTURE BLACKHOLES AND 2 TOWERS? I was just caught off guard by the swine sale, had me wondering
lol. thanks for the comments, friends.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I watched the first episode and have a really good feeling about the show. Perhaps it was this forum that has altered my perception of symbolic interpretations in media, and hopefully some of you will get the same out of it as I have.

I got the feeling as if the main character (#6) is gradually shaking his mind loose. He often bounces between the real world (Our world) and a cookie-cutter world that reminds me of the Stepford wives and/or the town in Edward Scissorhands. Every house looks the same, the streets are clean. The world seems all too perfect to be real and ultimately instills an uneasy feeling as a result.

Number 6 continues to pursue a ghostlike representation of the twin towers in a desert landscape that surrounds his village. Every effort he makes to traverse the sand, he is attacked by a giant white bubble that consumes him. An interesting aspect of this bubble is that images from various media sources (television and technology) engulf his mind simultaneously with his body.

Can his character be equated to a budding truth seeker? Beginning of course (Like many on this forum) with the pursuit of the 9/11 truth. He gets closer and closer with each attempt, but he is always brought back to the Village. The media convinces him to return to herd.

Another strange facet involves his relationships with other characters in the town. The feeling I got from this aspect of the story is similar to the Truman Show. Each person that Number 6 interacts with are not who they claim to be, but also seem to be harboring the fact that they are playing roles. Imagine for a second if the actors/characters in the Truman Show were also unaware that they lived in a bubble. Each dream that Number 6 has about the real world seems to ferment itself into the Village in various forms. Including swift changes to a hilarious soap opera that the townsfolk seem transfixed to.

All in all, I can write a very very in-depth analysis of this series (I actually plan on it) once the series concludes.

If you haven't watched it yet, PLEASE DO. It's worth the time, and it's very very thought provoking. It's rare that a made for tv mini-series provokes thought. Let's at least support such an effort.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Hey you're stetching my memory - especially as I'm not even sure I was there at the time......!

No - I think the symbolism has been updated to represent more current topics.

'I am not a number - I am a free man!' at least i remebered that bit!

Peace!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Hey you're stetching my memory - especially as I'm not even sure I was there at the time......!

No - I think the symbolism has been updated to represent more current topics.

'I am not a number - I am a free man!' at least i remebered that bit!

Peace!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Here's an old doc about the original series. I havent seen it so I cant confirm spoiler content so watch at your own risk.

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Wow I didnt know it was a recreation of and old school show. I find it pretty interesting as well. Also did the old version have references to PIGS, MINUTURE BLACKHOLES AND 2 TOWERS? I was just caught off guard by the swine sale, had me wondering
lol. thanks for the comments, friends.

I didn't know it was a remake either. I have to find it on the web ( Dont get AMC) I loved The old show. Saw every one. I don't remember pigs blackoles and towers.

( Btw, I have an answer for your sig file. We are Goo sitting at the bottom of the Matter Transporter.)

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I own the whole series. When I was young my friends and I studied this show at great lengths and although I will not ruin it for you. I really hate to tell you, it is not "deep" at all. It plays at being "deep". Wait till you see the end...

EDIT: I just realized you are talking about a new version. My apologies, I have to see it. I was such a fan of the original. I want to see if it ends the same way.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by damwel]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

( Btw, I have an answer for your sig file. We are Goo sitting at the bottom of the Matter Transporter.)

lol, VERY INTERESTING hopefully we are the GOOD OF THE GOO

The new version has Swine breath references, miniture black holes and 2 ghostly towers I say 2 towers out of respect for those lost at the twin towers.

new topics

top topics

join