It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Hitler and the Nazis tried to steal Christmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This article is appropriate for the time... It's interesting though to find out tid-bits of information from history. Now whether or not it's propaganda in itself, I'll leave it for you to judge!

What's amazing though is that a lot of the "Nazi" versions or songs is still sung in lot of homes.
Source

“I always thought that Unto Us a Time Has Come was a song about wandering through winter snow,” said Heidi Bertelson, 42, a lawyer who visited the exhibit told Times. “I didn’t realise that Christ had been excised.” The Nazi version, which removed the religious references and replaced them with images of snowy fields, remains in some song books and is sung in many households. The same goes for carols referring to Virgin Birth and lullabies that invoke the Baby Jesus. The rewriting was supervised by the chief Nazi ideologist Alfred Rosenberg and Heinrich Himmler led the way in de-Christing Christmas.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sounds like the versions I listen to every year! I wouldn't have it any other way either, Jesus has no business in it.

Nazi Christmas all the way

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Is there an article about how certain extremists tried to force Christmas down someone else's throats while at the same time denying that person's right to celebrate as they wished? Somehow I doubt it.

Nazi Christmas for me too!

[edit on 17-11-2009 by damwel]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
An interesting fact that counters the argument that Nazi German was somehow a Christian nation. Good to see further evidence that what mattered to the Fascist state was its dictatorial regime. I can see here too how quickly people on ATS align themselves with Nazi's at the mere mention of doing something anti-Christian. If they had seen the atrocities of mass murders within Germany at that time, I cannot help but wonder if they would pause to recognize the thumping mass in their chests.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by saint4God]

top topics

join