It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger Drops in on U.S. Troops in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

BAGHDAD -- California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has dropped in on U.S. troops in Iraq, thanking them for the sacrifices they and their families are making.

Schwarzenegger entered a crowded dining hall at Camp Victory on Baghdad's outskirts Monday to a loud roar from the soldiers gathered.

The governor congratulated them on the job they were doing before shaking hands and posing for photographs.

The former bodybuilder also discussed with soldiers the need to work out, reminding them: "You have to pump up every day."

But it wasn't all exercise from Schwarzenegger. He also had a present for the troops, bringing them cigars, which he handed out to the crowd.

www.newsmax.com...

Sounds like a solid attempt to boost troop morale. Has Obama visited any troops in Iraq or Afghanistan yet? The only trips Obama has made to any troops in either theater was during his campaign. Nice!! Perhaps if he closes his eyes and covers his ears they will all just vanish.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Ya Gut, You are all herr for von reason, to fight for ze Oil zo I can run my eleven hummmerrz ya?

Way to go Arnie, remind them why they fight and die, so you can get cheap publicity shots and 'look concerned'. It doesn't matter that California is nearly bankrupt as you whistle away public funds on your no doubt first class airfare to get there.

And here's me thinking the old 'Terminator' is going to kick butt ?

new topics

join