It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Brown Calls For New Global Order... Again!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
"I would never promote centralized global power.. just a multipolar world of trade blocs that are regulated and intertwined so much that they could not reverse in to a situation of World war.. similar to the EU situation. There will of course always be war while there are areas of the world and rogue states that simply won't develop with the rest."

Oh, now I get it, this whole New World Order thing is about preventing some guys who live in caves in undeveloped countries from starting another World War. Now that makes a lot of sense.

Here are some questions to ponder.

Is it a lot easier to send the whole world into the poor house when the people can only use one currency (Euro) or many different currencies?

How democratic is it when you shove UnConstitutional global laws down a country's throat for the exclusive purpose of destroying its sovereignty?

How democratic is it when trade laws (such as NAFTA) are completely dictated by unelected Corporate Officials?

How democratic is it when our democratically elected leaders rely on the Corporations to form policy, while completely ignoring the electorate?

So how are they going about this globalization garbage? They are calling you a xenophobe if you do not go along with this multiculturalism BS. You decide - would you rather be a xenophobe or would you rather be a slave?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Fact is.. you are afraid of the evolution of human civilization and disappearance of the UK into irrelevance. Its ok, I understand.. Im not going to agree with you though.

Look... I'm not afraid of progress, whatsoever. As I've previously stated, had the EU formed through entirely democratic means, I'd accept it. The crux of our disagreement rests upon whether one believes the architects of the EU/NWO are benevolent or malevolent. If I believed, as you do, that the elites behind it all have our best interests at heart, I'd be on your side. However, my own research indicates that they are power-hungry characters seeking greater control. And when one body takes greater control, another body loses some of theirs. Self-determination = liberty. We no longer have the ability to self-determine.

The strongest indicator, for me, that the EU is something to be wary if is in the way it arose. You say it arose democratically because we get to vote for the people who make our decisions. I ask you: Which party does somebody vote for if they oppose the EU? The reason that the issue of EU membership has only just become prominent in the media is because it's now too late to do anything about it. The media have deliberately kept people ignorant about what the EU entails during the period of time we might have been able to vote in a government who oppose it. And even then, which party fully opposed it when there was still a choice?

What say you about the promised-referendum? Why was Britain denied the referendum we were promised? Do you honestly believe that was democratic, to deny us that?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Here are some questions to ponder.

Im not sure about even replying to that post because it is coming off as a bit weird but Ill give it a go even though I think I know what to expect in reply.. hopefully you'll prove me wrong

Who said anything about that world war started in caves? Haven't a clue where you got this from.. Maybe you should try reading my post the next time
. As I said, I don't buy into the big elaborate New World Order conspiracy bull# that Alex Jones pushes so no point in talking to me about it.. The majority of the conspiracies are ridiculous whereas much is business and the rest is evolution. Many people are simply too afraid of change to accept it whereas others have genuine worries.. I have genuine worries about it but they are not as ridiculous as most of the conspiracy points.

Several trade blocs = several currencies.. Obviously several currencies are more stable with a global underlying currency used only for replacing surpluses or loaning developing nations during hard times. Whats your point?

Who's shoving unconstitutional global laws down your throat? Your constitution is about the internal running of your country.. Global laws are.. Global. If they are infringing on your constitution, you are really supposed to have a vote on them aren't you? Then they aren't unconstitutional.. See what I did there..?

Yes, these bodies like NAFTA are not democratically elected but thats what your democratically elected politicians are there for.. Signing treaties and international agreements in foreign policy matters never have anything to do with the democratic process.. its the elected leaders that make the choices for the people.. Why is this so hard to understand??? When it gets large enough for a governance body to be created, the democratic process will begin to be implemented.

I take it you are a Yank yes? But I also take it you have a problem with capitalism? If not.. then the question about the corporations makes no sense.. especially when that has to do with your government.. not the treaties. Nothing to do with me.. the EU.. the trade blocs etc. this is the problem with conspiracy headz.. you lump completely unrelated things into a conspiracy and end up with it making no sense.

Globalization garbage? See the EU for further information.. that's working nicely
Don't be pissed with us or our policies because you've been sold out by your non regulated capitalist system.

What say you about the promised-referendum? Why was Britain denied the referendum we were promised? Do you honestly believe that was democratic, to deny us that?

No, I definitely don't believe that was democratic but the EU didn't deny you a vote.. the UK did. And you don't actually have a legal requirement for a right to a vote in these situations in the UK whereas our constitution in Ireland requires it. Again.. not the EU that caused the problem but the UK. So its not the EU you should be pissed with but your own government.

But as you said, it comes down to how much you trust the "Advisors" (elites).. Believe me, I know many are definitely not my cup of tea and I even view some of their actions as evil at times but from my research, I see that is not the case in the majority.

Anyhoo - good conversation btw

[edit on 17/11/09 by Dermo]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

I think you just agreed with what I said didn't you?

Thecond Lineth

[edit on 17-11-2009 by nik1halo]

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Not that we'd probably believe any answer that they gave, but i wonder if anyone has actualy thought of asking Gordon Brown exactly what he means by "New World Order"?

I believe Downing Street always emails back, so i guess theres no harm in asking.

Not quite sure how the question would be put to him however.

CX.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Anyhoo - good conversation btw

Yeah, right back at ya! This subject might get me a bit hot under the colour, and I may not understand your stance, but I always value a well-phrased opposing view.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Yes, I was agreeing with you. If people think the UK is a democracy, they should go read up on what a two line whip or three line whip is, then equate that with their idea of a democracy. See if it gels.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join