It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Video from Pittsburgh

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This kind of thing, gets my blood boiling. I am aware that supposedly people were throwing rocks at police forces all day long. But then again I have also seen the videos that try to prove that the people throwing rocks were actually cops themselves. Asides from that, it is still wrong to use teargas and that sonic boom thing against tax paying citizens.
And for the people who want to say that those protesters deserved it...I always say, wait till its you and it won't be be. People are so quick to dismiss someone else's rights. Its unfortunate, but those people won't see the light until rights that directly affect them become diminished.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I am no fan of the police or the government however all protests of the G8 and G20 conventions have had form, riots and general douchebaggery of the majority of people involved. This seems the governments answer I just wish that this sort of force was shown during violent protests by lets say middle eastern religions, these sort of groups deserve this not the taxpayer.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'll try to get all of this into one post ..

Originally posted by Jackboot.Heel
I hate to snip as good of a post as yours, but this point makes my blood boil.. How is it unreasonable of the protestors do to this? If tear gas is such a mild, acceptable thing to have happen to you, then the police should just man up and take what they've been dishing out. Or if tear gas is so terrible that it being returned to sender is illegal, then it shouldn't have been brought into play in the first place..

Whats next, saying protesters are bad people for punting pineapple grenades back when the police start throwing those?

The tear gas is used as a non-forceful harmless weapon to help disperse crowds. You can see in a lot of the videos that the police force advised people to disperse and gave multiple warnings that other means would be used in order to make them disperse. The use of non-lethal measures, such as tear gas and audio deterrent, were used after multiple warnings or when the crowd became unruly. Throwing the canister of gas back at the police is considered an unruly act.
And to your second point .. If grenades are being used, then the situation is not an innocent protest and by all and any means should the crowd of gatherers fight back.

Originally posted by ukman2009
I cant believe people are sticking up for the police on this one, going to hit someone with a baton when they have tripped over, spraying pepper spray in peoples faces when they have complied with instructions, surrounding these people and not allowing them to move anywhere making the situation 10 times worse. These "tactics" that you are advocating are the same ones that killed an innocent news seller on his way back from work in london. Its just plain wrong.

Other than what the guy in the video says, there is no evidence on the video that shows any being hit with knight sticks or having tear gas set off in their face as they laid on the ground. IF this video were to show such actions taking place, then I would be the first one to stand up for the protestors. But it doesn't.

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
what those police are doing is illegal
if you really want something to be done about this that video could be used as evidence in court though the police would probably just get a slap on the wrist

What the police did was not illegal. Just because you do not agree with the measures that they took to handle the situation does not make those actions illegal.
This video will more than likely be presented in a court of law, like I stated earlier, however the video is not going to be this guys saving grace like he may be hoping for. It's nothing more than edited footage with allegations of abuse by the police and of innocence by the protestors that can not be seen on camera.

Originally posted by ugie1028
I wrote about this a few days ago, it didint get attention.
Luke is now a reporter for Russia today news.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I was also in that area when i went.... for those who remember that i went to the G20 protests.
I messed up on the ending because my MM kept crashing... should of came out better.... but anyway... enjoy! some info cut from quote for space

The video is great, but there is something I notice in your video that reinforces what's being said here by people, like myself, that are on the other side of the fence about the situation.
If you notice in the video .. When the crowds are assembled peacefully, the police are assembled peacefully. When the crowds are unruly and acting out .. Then the police forces are using legal, non-lethal means to disperse the crowd and control the situation.

Peaceful Protestors are met with Peaceful Resistance.
Chaotic unorganized grab-ass-tic huligan pricks are met with forceful resistance.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

Good post, pretty much agree with you on every point. Star for you.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

"Should the government invade Iran, you know... in case they might have a bomb? "

Well, It seemed to be ok for America to invade Iraq and kill a whole lot of people wihout one shred of proof that WMD's were actully there. I remember Powell tying to sell a Moving Semi Trailer Truck as a Moving Biological WMD Production Facility. How many peole fell for that one? Anyhow, I'm moving off topic.

Anyhow, I'm with the city of Pitt. The Police were there, in the numbers they were, in case of any problems, seen or unforseen happening. That's gotta make the citizens that live there very happy. At least they know that their lives and property are well protected.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Honestly,

I just find it amusing Downtown was all boarded up ready for war when all the vandalism and destruction of property took place in Oakland and Shadyside.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikhart
This is absolutely revolting.

But even worse are the brain dead persons saying they see nothing wrong, or even condoning this. You dont deserve to be called a human being, you are nothing but a tool. A very, very pliable tool.

....I really thought this issue was old news but apparently not. This youtube video is disgusting because all it does is tempt the emotions of the viewer.....you only see one side with the charged commentary of the narrator.

The G-20 came off basically without a hitch. Period. Yes, there were TONS of police here and don't forget there were a lot of bussed-in extras. If you don't know why refer back to previous G-"fill in the number" summits. Most residents didn't want it here and when you had to send your son or daughter off to work in town because their job was threatened if they took off that day, you were quite happy with the number of police in the area. In fact, I don't know one local that complained the police presence was excessive. I realize that's not exactly an official canvassing but true nonetheless. The ones complaining are the whiners who take their cause to every possible venue and persist until the next unfortunate opportunity. When all was said and done, there were few arrests and little damage and quite frankly there was nothing remarkable about the protesting either. It was rather a flop in terms of sensationalism.

Obviously there could be isolated cases here and there where something got out of hand so take the proper legal recourse and leave all of the over the top emotional BS at the door. To paint the police here like they are the enemy is just wrong. I am sure there will come a time when "storm-troopers" are a legitimate threat so let's not play chicken little with every gathering of 500+ people, OK.

There are "tools" on both sides of this argument......

[edit on 17-11-2009 by glad_to_be_His]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gtown
The thing that shocks me is people who are on youtube stating they hate these groups, stop crying you babies, etc.
That is some hitler trained forces acting with no regards to there families , friends, and fellow americans.

These people had the balls to stand up for our rights and got assaulted, while we sit back and talk #. CRAZY! what you gonna do when they come for you.

Bravo Gtown.......!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
WOW

It just shows what they are willing to do to stop you protesting.

Gaz

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ah... the poor babies.

Welcome to the real world. These newbie's would have loved the 60's.

As for the posts in this thread that claimed protestors threw rocks, etc...

From personal experience those "protestors" who throw rocks, etc. are most likely government agent provocateurs.

This is not new news...

There is no "government". There are thugs who do whatever it takes to seize control of the "goods & services" then rule the slaves with an "iron fist".

Nothing new under the sun...

Wise up...

These "protestors" are gonna' really love their Orwellian future. They will be under surveillance for the rest of their lives.

The thugs who control the "wealth" will do anything & everything imaginable to maintain power....... and enjoy doing it.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Remember folks, the "elite" can only control us if we let them.

We must be willing to fight for what we believe is right. We can not just stand here and be afraid of what is coming.

If anyone is familiar with David Wilcock and his philosophies: we must not be afraid.

I leave you now with this video.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Like others I was in London and witnessed the robot like actions of the police who were there only to intimidate and scare. Its the same tactics only in diffirent uniforms with diffirent accents, but it is the same.

For those who say the police, military, would never turn on the citizen with undue cause, I say, open your eyes America. The boat is pulling out and your missing it.

Respects

[edit on 17-11-2009 by captiva]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
In the video 'Police harass and provoke biker until she fights back' posted on page 4 of this thread by Exemplar is actions that I have always found ignorant and absurd by any riot control group the world over. The woman in the video was moving with the crowd in the direction the police were leading them while walk/riding her bike and behind her is some instigating cop that kept shoving her in the back with a club like she was supposed to run over the people in front of her in order to move faster. So finally fed up with his crap she tries to toss her bike at the instigator (not the smartest thing to do TRUE). His response was a crosscheck to the neck with his batton. Then the cop behind her got her with a clothesline like blow when she turned away from the guy that had been shoving her in the back. They drag her off (from what I am guessing all 90 lbs of her) and cuff and stuff her.

Now that said for those that didn't watch the video; if she was already moving along like we could see in the video why is it necessary to keep jabbing her in the back? It begs for a violent response! Regardless of if she had been unruly before the video was filmed, she was in compliance when it was! She was moving along! So KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF! Her reaction wasn't a smart one but even I would have gotten tired of being manhandled for compliance. In my most humble opinion fellow ATSers that was a good example of how a defused situation can become violent quickly.

Flag and Star for the thread poster. Star for Exemplar for the great vids.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
People need to remember that the term "Civil Rights" is not about having a certain skin color - it's about the "Bill of Rights" - that little contract that was agreed upon by the people in order to create a union of states. Part of that contract guarantees the right of the people to peaceably assemble.

The City of Pittsburgh denied that right to those people and the Attorney General of United States should be investigating this as a civil rights violation.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tek-Neek55

"Lock and load" I could not agree more. .45 in one had and a .38 in another. I just want to take a couple of these basters with me and I will goddamn do it. Two tours in Vietnam and these slimy basters think they can scare me. Two will go with me. This I promise. You have no ideal what awaits you in hell.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Unbelievable. Like i say. I think you guys need to take back control of your own country...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well again, the thing that really irks me about this is the point that the cops arent letting anyone leave. They were there to provoke the protesters. God forbid a kid grazes the cops arm whil trying to get by....thats assualt!

There were obvious cops there disguised as protesters. Whose to say who threw what? Just based off the video I posted, when the cops said "disburse", thats what they did.. Kind of hard to do when people(cops) are blocking your way, hoping you sneeze at them... It sickens me.. honestly

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
I think it's fine if the Police want to be pre-prepared before any untoward happening. Don't see any wrong in it truthfully.

until you see the cost of having that many men at that spot on that night......

O and btw....you pay for them to do that.....

do you see anything wrong with it now?

They could have had half that many and it would have been a bit too much...

Only cowards would do that....

It's easy to get your way when you have the potential to take somebody's life.....

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
It is said in the comments on YouTube that some of these people were throwing rocks and sticks at the cops all day. If this is true the cops were provoked into action. We are only getting one side of this story and cannot see the whole truth.

Yea ok believe a random youtube comment..

You ever think it could be the police typing that.....

They are free as citizens to do that....so i dunno maybe you didn't think of that...

keep an open mind.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
of course the video was edited, however, if these people were "throwing rocks all day"....well, why did it take until night to do anything?

AND- There is none of the typical riot police reactions. Usually, they leave ya alone until you start trouble. Once they take someone down, the crowd goes nuts and chaos ensues. Nothing seems to chaotic with this. It seems more like a game of chess that the police were obviously winning.. sad sad day..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join