It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Video from Pittsburgh

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
**disclaimer**

While I did search briefly to see if this has been posted, I didn't search to hard. Its late, I haven't posted here in a while, but after seeing this, I felt the need to post this, asap.

That being said...

I came across this video on youtube a few minutes ago. If any of you know me, you know I lean towards the side of rationality. I can objectively see both sides of something and usually find the truth in the middle. A lot of people talk about how the government is taking away our rights, and the police are out of control. I usually think the people that say that are young, rebellious and we all had that view at their age. That was until I watched this video.

I won't go into details as it is self explanatory and obvious. However, I have never seen our police do this. I have seen riot police and usually they are there for a reason. I thought the same thing when this video started. But about half way in, it really gets bizarre, almost Orwellian, border line- "Is this staged?". Because its that unbelievable.

If this is legit (which I am 99.9% sure it is) it is down right frightening, not only what they did, but the fact that they have that many ready and on call...ready to provoke.. Perhaps we arent that far away from total authoritarian rule.

Link to video since it keeps telling me "malformed ID"

[edit on 17-11-2009 by spliff4020]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
S & F

UNBELIEVABLE!

Lock N Load Everyone!

The Time Is Now!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Here's the embeded video

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
In the begining of the video it seemed pretty par for the course, but when you see the shear numbers of police and what they are doing... wow... i feel a fire lighting back up inside me again...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I think it's fine if the Police want to be pre-prepared before any untoward happening. Don't see any wrong in it truthfully.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
I think it's fine if the Police want to be pre-prepared before any untoward happening. Don't see any wrong in it truthfully.

well, like i said, i didnt see anything abnormal until mid-way through until the end. They were goading them into a fight. There wasn't any presence of fighting or disturbance. Everyone seemed peaceful. And when police gather to disburse crowds, they usually want them to leave.

These people were surrounding them and not allowing them to leave. And just the shear number of uniformed officer, nevermind how fast they were emerging....its disturbing. Is it to that point now? And I dont know what bothers me more... Them or the lackadaisical attitude towards it. Whats next? "Who cares, they just shut down a website that was causing trouble anyways".. Just saying... give someone an inch, they usually take a foot...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It is said in the comments on YouTube that some of these people were throwing rocks and sticks at the cops all day. If this is true the cops were provoked into action. We are only getting one side of this story and cannot see the whole truth.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
S n F

wow

nazilike

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
It is said in the comments on YouTube that some of these people were throwing rocks and sticks at the cops all day. If this is true the cops were provoked into action. We are only getting one side of this story and cannot see the whole truth.

I saw that too, but.....

If that truly was the case the cops wouldnt wait around until night fall to react. And there would be a lot more force. If someone was throwing stuff, there is nothing evident in the admittedly short video. Still, its not looking like a riot to me. It looks like police telling people to leave but not letting them. More or less, true entrapment.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The thing that shocks me is people who are on youtube stating they hate these groups, stop crying you babies, etc.
That is some hitler trained forces acting with no regards to there families , friends, and fellow americans.

These people had the balls to stand up for our rights and got assaulted, while we sit back and talk #. CRAZY! what you gonna do when they come for you.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gtown
The thing that shocks me is people who are on youtube stating they hate these groups, stop crying you babies, etc.
That is some hitler trained forces acting with no regards to there families , friends, and fellow americans.

These people had the balls to stand up for our rights and got assaulted, while we sit back and talk #. CRAZY! what you gonna do when they come for you.

You know, Evil is allways the easiest way.
I cant imagine these riot cops bashing loose on fellow humans and even own contry men like that, and goes home and kisses the kids etc..

I cant imagine some one like that's responce if he was off duty and the riot cops came and starting to mess with him and his family on a day out shopping.... Would he gear up the next day and go and bash some one else with a clear conscience ?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This is absolutely revolting.

But even worse are the brain dead persons saying they see nothing wrong, or even condoning this. You dont deserve to be called a human being, you are nothing but a tool. A very, very pliable tool.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It does piss me off when people start bashing the protesters and defending the police's actions.

having been at the G20 in London, it was the same, people on the net, were bashing us protesters and praising the police tactics, well that was until we all saw the video of one cop pushing someone over and killing them and footage of cops backhanding young women.
Not to mention evidence of agent provocateurs from the Police.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Oppression through intimidation

I would say that the majority of people know full well that they are being oppressed and forced to conform but are unwilling to risk losing what little privileges they have. I say privileges as this is what is afforded us, as we have no real rights no matter what is written.

As long as the MSM continue to suppress the reality of the present zeitgeist and subjectively spoon feed us governmental propaganda, the majority will choose to conform as a matter of convenience.

The "Stormtroopers" shown in this video, and many others I have seen, are mere whipping boys for the power elite, used to enforce their agenda of control and oppression, these guys do it on a domestic scale and the armed forces do it on a global scale.

They are guilty of acting without question, using policy as justification for their actions.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikhart

But even worse are the brain dead persons saying they see nothing wrong, or even condoning this. You dont deserve to be called a human being, you are nothing but a tool. A very, very pliable tool.

Back to you, brain dead people who say everything is wrong in the video, is that fine reply?. Stop name calling calling, it only goes to show your level of illeteracy and backwardness.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
What's the problem?
The police were more organized than the protesters. This was all over the news and ATS in the days leading up to the G20. NO SURPRISE. Pittsburgh is the perfect city to isolate disorderly groups. That was also NO SURPRISE.

I watched all the footage in the days of the summit and the the protesters were highly unorganized rag tag at best and in most cases they just bussed themselves in looking for trouble. Peaceful protesters don't typically wear masks and conceal their identities.

The police knew this based on the trouble at past events. They were prepared for anything!! The protesters got way more than they bargained for because they turned out in such low unorganized numbers. The police were prepared for twice as many protesters that actually showed up. I guess the intelligent protesters just stayed away from Pittsburgh. They must have done their recon ahead of time. DUH!!

The police were merely protecting the city and the people that they were sworn to protect and serve. Out of town hooligans beware. Funny, the host states that he is from Chicago and in the video he is telling the Police that he just wants to go home. Ha. The protesters lost their nerve and wanted to split when they realized that they were ridiculously outnumbered. Job well done Pittsburgh police department.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by jibeho]

[edit on 17-11-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I had seen this video before though I'm not sure if if it was posted on ATS or not. Exact same thing happened in minneapolis at the RNC in 2008. This is NOT an abberation. I'm done with protests personally and this is why.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

Originally posted by Rikhart

Back to you, brain dead people who say everything is wrong in the video, is that fine reply?. Stop name calling calling, it only goes to show your level of illeteracy and backwardness.

December is the Trolling season you all know! Third time I've seen you and your STILL trolling. Guess we all need a devils advocate...just wish it was better than a monty python argument skit.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

unh!! you've seen me? I am member of this forum, I post on threads which are on these forums...ofcourse you will see me or other member...duh'

All I am saying is stop name calling and such..how is that trolling?

Edit: I get it now, I saw thru your profile you posted in thanking millitary thread and my ideas are oppossed to yours..so that's why I am trolling lol!!

[edit on 17-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
What's the problem?

Mainly ignorance

The police were more organized than the protesters.

...is that not their job? If the protesters had turned up armed to the teeth, wearing armor and with riot shields, I think police would have been a little more justified in acting the way they did...

Pittsburgh is the perfect city to isolate disorderly groups. That was also NO SURPRISE.

Disorderly...how, just exercising their right to protest does not automatically make them a disorderly group.

I watched all the footage in the days of the summit and the the protesters were highly unorganized rag tag at best....

They are civilians, what in gods name are you expecting?

....and in most cases they just bussed themselves in looking for trouble.

A might subjective given the vast majority were there to protest peacefully.

Peaceful protesters don't typically wear masks and conceal their identities.

Unless they are being logged and documented as trouble makers, as opposed to just being civilians who have a right to protest and exercise their right to freedom of speech.

The police knew this based on the trouble at past events. They were prepared for anything!! The protesters got way more than they bargained for because they turned out in such low unorganized numbers. The police were prepared for twice as many protesters that actually showed up.

It's not a freakin' war, it's a protest

The police were merely protecting the city and the people that they were sworn to protect and serve.

Protecting them from what, the truth?

The protesters lost their nerve and wanted to split when they realized that they were ridiculously outnumbered. Job well done Pittsburgh police department.

Complete and utter overkill, like smashing a nut with a hand grenade, and completely unjustified.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join