It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff, Max Keiser, and Jim Rogers Weigh in On Gold, China, and Currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Great video.
Peter Schiff talks about how gold is still one of the best things to invest in as he believes it has not come anywhere near it's value ceiling. He sees it possibly reaching $5,000.
Max Keiser talks about China and its dependence on the American consumer and the American dollar.
Jim Rogers talks about a coming currency collapse - Will it be the dollar? The pound? Only time will tell.

www.youtube.com...

These men don't say it outright but, it seems to me any talk about green shoots in the American economy is a pipe dream.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by really]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Mods, how to I change this to Global Meltdown? I put it in New World Order by accident.
Thank you.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Although Peter Schiff is my favorite...
the public has a fascination with Marc Faber...who must be included
in any list of iconic economic commentators...

so to augment the theme you present: see this article;

www.dailyfinance.com...

"Gold Will Stay Above $1,000 An Ounce Forever..."

....Marc Faber, investment advisor and fund manager to the uber-wealthy, says gold will forever stay above $1,000 an ounce.
If you're unfamiliar with Faber's pitch-black outlook for the future of the Western economies and the developed world in general, well, he's probably best known as the author of the Gloom, Boom & Doom report.

Enough said.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thanks for the augmentation, St Udio. I think this is most probably the truth. Gold will most certainly continue to rise unless the economy is completely rebooted.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by really

...unless the economy is completely rebooted.

All 4 of the economists mentioned...are saying (in couched words)
that the FED/Treas., central bank, bailouts-swap windows-TARPs-TALFs
which has added more than $12Trillion in unseen-unacknowledged
debt to the soundness of the USD...

just wait until those ammounts of dollars are (presently hidden in the Banker Cabal) injected into the global circulation of USD... that will be when hyper-inflation hits the homeland

there will not/never/no-how...be a reboot/revamping of the USAs economic-fiscal system...the GoldmanSachs/(NY)FED/Treasury 'cabal' has the system right where they want it!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I bought all my gold and silver a year ago - there is no real ceiling on precious metal possibilities - I suspect it may achieve $1,300 to $1,500 by end of the year.

After that it depends on a couple of things - firstly while interest rates are near zero in the US - that free money is going to follow whatever is trending up, and at the moment it is gold.

The other thing is if there is a real improvement in the US and worl economies - at the moment there has been no improvement, so this will continue to make gold attractive.

When the Fed raises interest rates - it is likely to make a sudden and serious adjustment, to try and curb percieved inflation fears. That shaking of the money tree will force all the speculative dollars out of gold, and as it falls it will hit stop losses, so any news of the Fed increasing interest rates will result in a fairly spectacular loss for gold (IMO).

The fall however, will be short lived - so if you see gold fall sharply - and you have cash available, take it as a buying opportunity. I would say, dont be too quick - because the dollar should rally for a fair while after the news of the Fed increasing interest rates - I will be trying to target a buy in where gold is starting to rise, and the dollar rally is approaching a top.

However, making a good buy in on gold during that period will require quite a degree of luck, and a lot of homework.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I've heard the same thing about gold dropping off after the Fed raises interest rates. But, as you say, I think that is going to be very short lived. As Max Keiser says in the video China is buying up gold bullion to hedge it's investment in the dollar. But it's not just China it's most major nations in the world today and the IMF.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I've heard the same thing about gold dropping off after the Fed raises interest rates. But, as you say, I think that is going to be very short lived. As Max Keiser says in the video China is buying up gold bullion to hedge it's investment in the dollar. But it's not just China it's most major nations in the world today and the IMF.

new topics

top topics

join