It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontario’s deadly Swine Flu surge, 24 dead in 72 hours

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Ontario’s deadly Swine Flu surge, 24 dead in 72 hours

www.vancouverite.com

OTTAWA – In a shocking surge, 24 Ontario residents have died in less than 72 hours from Swine Flu, the Public Health Agency of Canada reported on its website.

Ontario’s startling fatalities reported between November 10 and 11 a.m. EST on November 12 catapults the death toll from 37 reported on Nov. 10 to a total of 61. That is twice the figure of dead in Quebec and the highest of any province in Canada.

See also: B.C. Hospitals working over capacity.

Hospitals from coast to coast are swamped with admissions and visits to emergency departments in the past week with other provinces
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 11/17/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Looks like the Ukrainian strain might has moved to North America. This thread is for tracking mutations through America.

One big difference between Ukraine and Canada is I believe Canada has already vaccinated 1/3 of their country. If this is the same strain of H1N1 out of Ukraine (or a similar one) hopefully it won't be so devastating. Also if it is, we will know rather soon if the vaccine is very effective on the new strain or not.

Please post any new numbers as they come in.

www.vancouverite.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Mr Truth,
Allow me to be the first to star and flag your efforts.
3rd line.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The link is down but I found this one that printed the article:

socioecohistory.wordpress.com...’s-deadly-swine-flu-surge-24-dead-in-72-hours/

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Reporting live from Vancouver BC in a hazmat suit........

i see no swine.

But i have known a few friends to come down with H1N1 and they are fine....now. Have been following Ukraine threads will have to check in there to see if there is anything conclusive yet.

But i do have an interesting off/on topic experience about a yellow powder all over a guest computer in a hotel hallway downtown. I was doing some work there and reported it to the hotel owner but he brushed it off...no pun intended.

Its been a day and i am not sick with anything but i came very close to reporting it to police myself.

Thanks for keeping up on this development in Canada.

Don't forget to get some rest eh.

link works for me

[edit on 17-11-2009 by The Great Day]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Welp... Janky Red is officially flued -

It hit me in hours; the progression as follows - aching back - fever/hot feeling -
headache, chills and projectile vomiting - I play in a band and every one of them was down (in bed - off work) for ten days with this (?????). Fortunately we have a show tomorrow and I get it the night before

Anyhow the guys had very different symptoms between them all, my symptoms match
bits and pieces but not to a T. I spent some time with my mother who is sick, has been exposed to the SF and her symptoms are different as well.

The only constant is the headache and the chills

PS- if you get it take HEADACHE medicine right away, I suffer from regular headaches in general and in this case the excedrin worked promptly which is usually NOT the case for me. Otherwise the headache is almost blinding, seconds feel like minutes - type of deal.

- I will keep you all posted on my battle, let me hope I do not have Black Lung Bell Carol Bacon Death.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

have you been
here yet?

[edit on 17-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Finally hits Canada. I have a story to tell that kind of echos reports in the Ukraine.

Last night, my roommate was dropping his kids off at his exes. On his way back home, he reported seeing a smaller twin/turboprop plane flying low, which was obviously unusual.

What happened next, in his own words, "Caused him to run straight through a red light", nearly causing an accident.

He said that the plane let out a plume of brown dust/smoke while making a pass over the city. He was quite shaken and shocked to have witnessed such a thing.

The REALLY strange thing is that we had wind gusting over 100km last night...which begs a LOT of questions...IMHO anyways.

I've been reading here for years, as well as PP/IW, and I have a rule about posting...chicken, I guess...but this warrants the breaking of silence.

Witnessed in Lethbridge, Alberta at approximately 1900 hrs Nov 16,2009.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
the question is that the public health department had said 24 deaths, but did not say where they were. Same city or town, or different ones.
someone to report from ontario would be helpful right now

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
it seems to be spreading...............*cue intense music*

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by semper fidelis
Finally hits Canada. I have a story to tell that kind of echos reports in the Ukraine.

Last night, my roommate was dropping his kids off at his exes. On his way back home, he reported seeing a smaller twin/turboprop plane flying low, which was obviously unusual.

What happened next, in his own words, "Caused him to run straight through a red light", nearly causing an accident.

He said that the plane let out a plume of brown dust/smoke while making a pass over the city. He was quite shaken and shocked to have witnessed such a thing.

The REALLY strange thing is that we had wind gusting over 100km last night...which begs a LOT of questions...IMHO anyways.

I've been reading here for years, as well as PP/IW, and I have a rule about posting...chicken, I guess...but this warrants the breaking of silence.

Witnessed in Lethbridge, Alberta at approximately 1900 hrs Nov 16,2009.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Janky Red

have you been
here yet?

[edit on 17-11-2009 by randyvs]

YA, thanks... Its funny because I was thinking about your cure while I was driving back from practice, at the time the thought was making me more nauseous, but I was thinking about it because I believe it can work. I was also thinking about how the set up goes (what to do with the onion?)

I will re read the thread, Thanks!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see the updated #'s later today (Tuesday) of updated H1N1 deaths here in Canada. Here's the link to the PHAC surveillance page: www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

Deaths Associated with H1N1 flu virus in Canada

The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is committed to sharing information about the impact of the H1N1 flu virus in Canada. Every Tuesday and Thursday at 4 p.m., the Agency will issue national up dates on H1N1-associated deaths. In addition, PHAC will issue special reports on any unusual cases or clusters. FluWatch, will be published every Friday at 4 p.m. to provide a detailed analysis of the impact of the H1N1 flu virus in Canada.

Here's a screenshot I took from the PHAC site showing the 24 deaths.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by semper fidelis

Semper fidelis, please keep us up to date with any rise of swine flu in that area and your friend's health. It will be most appreciated.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by really

Am glad to. I'm a follower of the 'Chemtrail' phenomenon and the irregularity of the event is startling. NEVER have seen a low flying plane, NEVER have seen colored aerosol and they NEVER spray here when it is windy (one of the windiest places in the world)

And I've never seen my buddy that freaked out. I've been following the Ukraine thread and giving him snippets...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by semper fidelis

Your story sounds made up to me... like some fairy tale without the fairy tale ending perhaps....

good try though....

to the OP... hope that this new virus hasn't gotten out of whence it started... would not be good!! Has to be contained in the Ukraine if possible

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Weekly Statistics and Summaries for Canada: 11/7 (Last Weekly Report Published 11/13)

Nationally, there was a considerable increase in the influenza activity level reported this week with a proportion of positive influenza tests of more than 38%, the national ILI consultation rate of almost 100 per 1,000 patient visits, 25 regions reporting widespread activity and over 750 influenza outbreaks reported. This increased activity occurred in almost all provinces and territories.

The Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 strain accounted for nearly 100% (99.8%) of the positive influenza A subtyped specimens.

The intensity of Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 in the population was high with 1,324 hospitalizations and 35 deaths reported this week. Hospitalized cases were reported in all provinces and territories that sent the weekly data2 except MB and NU while the deaths were from all P/T except NB, PE, NT and NU. From August 30 to November 7, 2009, a total of 2,295 hospitalized cases including 317 cases admitted to an intensive care unit (ICU) (13.8%) as well as 59 deaths had been reported. Numbers of new deaths were four times higher than last week.

So far, the proportion of severe cases (ICU admissions and deaths) among all hospitalized cases was lower than in the period up to August 29, 2009.

The activity levels reported during the previous weeks were even higher than the peak period of the first wave (e.g. the three first weeks of June, 2009).

Case graphs visualize rising trends:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/066e7f63cd3fa65c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/abab45d3ba0f24ef.jpg[/atsimg]

Test Results Summary:

All material from Public Health Agency of Canada

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Map of overall Influenza activity level by provinces and territories, Week 44, Canada:

You can download the entire Fluwatch Week 44 report: PDF Link

[edit on 17-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well lucky for all our Canadians friend, you get to chose the H1N1 vaccine withou adjuvants as is been approved in Canada here in the US we get no Choices on how we can be poisoned.

So at least you have a choice.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well here my take as a resident of Ontario.

I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario, it a smaller city (population 103, 000 I think) the city resides right on the shore of Lake Superior.

Swine flu in the city is not rampant as far as I can tell, but it is here. I currently attend the local college (30 years old and forced to go back to school urgh) the fellow students at the college have been hampered with the flu somewhat.

For instance a fellow student in my majoring course has been absent for the last three weeks due to sickkness, not sure exactly what it was but I can say A flu. (not saying it's H1N1 cause who knows) There has been a flu that has gone through the college rather heavily. Alot of people are at school sick. For the most part it seems to be just a mild seasonal flu, but it is early for this area.

As for myself I came down with something, not sure what though, as it manifested mostly as just a sever cough, headache and a low grade fever of 99-100 for three weeks. the fever is gone and the headache has gone as well, but the cough remains. I went to the doctor and was advised to stay home and rest for a few days as I had some fluids in my lungs, the doctor was worried if I didn't take it easy it may turn into pnuemonia. (spelled that wrong I think)

Stayed home for a week and then resumed school, the cough has not gone away but I have not gotten worse, just a nagging cough is all.

About the only thing I know for sure is the Swine Flu vaccine is available in great amounts here and alot I know have gotten the shot. And on a side note the local hosptial here was advising people to stay away from the hospital unless it was an emergency as the hospital here serves alot of the greater northwest in Ontario so we do have alot of cases of swine flu in the hospital, but alot of it is from people coming here for treatment where it is not available in small communities.

Overall in my area of Ontario it's kinda mixed, the city itself does not seem to be hit very hard form the flu, but our hospital has alot, due to the reasons given above.

P.S. Not seen any Chemtrails here as reported in other areas of Canada so I can't offer much in that area. I dont personally prescribe to chemtrail theories anyway, but that is jsut my opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join