It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the next pope the last and will Rome burn?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The 12th century Irish monk St. Malachy, or Maelmhaedhoc Ó Morgair in Irish, made a list of 112 future popes, and accompanied each with a short prophecy, most of which have come true in one way or the other, and the list ends with the next pope whom he calls "Peter the Roman". During his reign, Rome will burn. And words like Judgement Day is whispered.

The sitting pope has the words "Gloria oliuæ", "Glory of the olive" and being an "Olivetan" it fits. The next one....

In p̲secutione extrema S.R.E. ſedebit.
Petrus Romanus, qui paſcet oues in multis tribulationibus: quibus tranſactis ciuitas ſepticollis diruetur, & Iudex tremẽdus iudicabit populum ſuum. Finis.

He will reign during the ultimate persecution of the Holy Roman Church.
Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the fearsome Judge will judge his people. The End.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This Pope may be the last (according to Malachy).... there is speculation that "Peter the Roman" was actually added in the 19th century.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Now that's interesting. Care to elaborate a bit more? I have known about st. Malachy's prophecies for some years, but I have never heard this before...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Obviously, not all change is good- but I do hope so!
When will the world be rid of the narcissistic pomp and arrogance of the Catholic Church?
None too soon I say!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

There will be more popes.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
bibleprobe.com...

Will "The Glory of the Olive" be the last Pope?

The problem with the prophecies as listed in The Prophecies of St. Malachy, published by the Thomas A. Nelson, a Catholic Publishing House, is that Malachy's original works listed only 111 Popes, not 112, as given in the TAN version of the prophecies. Sometime between the first and subsequent printings the 112th, Petrus Romanus, was added to Malachy's prophecy. It was added after the 1820 publication of the prophecies.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

And why would there be more popes once we have final contact (ultimate disclosure); therefore individuals will be able to consort directly with the ancient gods?
We will not need them (well most of us don't at any rate).

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
When will the world be rid of the narcissistic pomp and arrogance of the Catholic Church?

I'd say as soon as people discover who he actually is.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Didn't Nostradamus predict that the final Pope would be the one to succeed Pope John Paul II (not referred to by name), and that he would have only a short time in office? That should be the current one - Pope Benedict XVI.

I read it in some one's interpretation of a Nostradamus quatrain, 15 or so years ago.

[edit on 11/17/2009 by Larryman]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Quite possibly. I am very interested in the idea that the 'Holy See' will morph into the new global order. Just like the Roman Empire became the Holy See.

I also see a new global religion that will have something to do with the Maitreya and Aliens. I believe this will be all connected to Project Bluebeam.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I guess we'll soon find out. Benedictus XVI isn't going to live much longer, being up in years. Will the next Pope be known as Petrus Romanus? How would we know for sure? OK, if the guy's name is Petrus Romanus, then we know. But it wouldn't take much to twist meaning into the next Pope's name. For one thing, the office of Pope is often referred to the Throne of Peter. This Throne is in Rome, so it wouldn't take a whole lot to kind of make the prophecy fit anyone who takes over.

Although this prophecy purports to date from 1100 or so, it first saw the light of day in 1595. Before then, no one heard of it. I would therefore take all of the "prophecies" prior to 1595 with a huge grain of salt, since they were most likely retroactive.

Even so, there were some good guesses moving forward. And some misses. I don't see any reason to think that the Roman Catholic Church will come to an end any time soon. They've got around a billion members, I think - certainly many hundreds of millions, at least. It would take a major disaster to bring the Church down. Not saying it couldn't happen, but so far I see nothing on the horizon that looks even remotely like it's going to bring down the Church.

I guess we'll find out once Benedictus XVI passes and a new Pope is chosen.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Could there be a parallel between Saint Malachy's last eight popes...
...and the eight kings of Revelation 17:10-11.

"And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition."

The parallel was noticed a few years ago when five had died...

"...five are fallen..."
Pius XI
Pius XII
John XXIII
Paul VI
John Paul I

"...one is..."
John Paul II (he was alive when the interpretation was first made)

"...not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space".
Benedict XVI (current pope who has a short reign)

"...goes into perdition."
Final pope predicted by Saint Malachy...

The time hack for the "five are fallen" is the serious wounding of John Paul II.
With reference to the chiasmic parallel reference in Revelation 13:3...
"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed:"

Now compare this with the list of St Malachy's last eight popes...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Here is a list of St Malachy's last eight popes...

Pius XI (1922-1939) Fides intrepida (Intrepid faith)
History: This Pope stood up to Fascist and Communist forces lining up against him in the lead up to World War II.

Pius XII (1939-1958) Pastor angelicus (Angelic Shepherd)
History: This Pope was very mystical, and is believed to have received visions. People would kneel when they received telephone calls from him. His encyclicals add enormously to the understanding of Catholic beliefs (even if they are now overlooked because of focus on the Second Vatican Council, which occurred so soon after his reign).

John XXIII (1958-1963) Pastor et Nauta (pastor and marine)
History: prior to his election he was patriarch of Venice, a marine city, home of the gondolas.

Paul VI (1963-1978) Flos florum (flower of flowers)
History: his arms displayed three lilies.

John Paul I (1978) De medietate Lunæ (of the half of the moon)
Hist.: Albino Luciani, born in Canale d'Agardo, diocese of Belluno, (beautiful moon) Elected pope on August 26, his reign lasted about a month, from half a moon to the next half...

John Paul II (1978-2005) De labore Solis (of the eclipse of the sun, or from the labour of the sun)
History: Karol Wojtyla was born on May 18, 1920 during a solar eclipse. He also comes from behind the former Iron Curtain (the East, where the Sun rises). He might also be seen to be the fruit of the intercession of the Woman Clothed with the Sun labouring in Revelation 12:1 (because of his devotion to the Virgin Mary). His Funeral occurred on 8 April, 2005 when there was a solar eclipse visible in the Americas.

Benedict XVI (2005-) Gloria olivæ
The Benedictine order traditionally said this Pope would come from their order, since a branch of the Benedictine order is called the Olivetans. St Benedict is said to have prophesied that before the end of the world, a member of his order would be Pope and would triumphantly lead the Church in its fight against evil. While the Holy Father chose the name "Benedict", this does not seem enough to fulfil the prophecy. Nor is it clear how Benedict XVI (a Bavarian) is "Glory of the Olives". Since he is said to have remarked in the Conclave after saying he would take the name Benedict that it was partly to honour Benedict XV, a pope of peace and reconciliation, perhaps Benedict XVI will be a peacemaker in the Church or in the World, and thus carry the olive branch.

In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit Petrus Romanus, qui pascet oves in multis tribulationibus: quibus transactis civitas septicollis diruetur, & Judex tremêdus judicabit populum suum. Finis.
(In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the formidable Judge will judge his people.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

As soon as I saw this I noticed it as a date. 17th of October 2011. Interesting for me.!

Did anyone else see that or make that connection?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

Originally posted by troubleshooter

As soon as I saw this I noticed it as a date. 17th of October 2011. Interesting for me.!

Did anyone else see that or make that connection?

It would indeed be an interesting numerical coincidence if something significant happened on that date...
...I don't think Revelation works quite that way....
...but hey let's wait and see.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I agree with earlier posters that the Roman Catholic church is pompous and hypocritical.

The world would be a better place without it. Don't forget all the suffering this church has inflicted by forcing its followers to breed on regardless.
This damages the world, and poor people have more children than they can afford, leading to more suffering.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
ever check out revelation 17? it says the 8th king will be the antichrist.
when mussolini made the vatican a country of its own,he made the pope a king. the 8th king is also the 112th pope.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
bibleprobe.com...

Will "The Glory of the Olive" be the last Pope?

The problem with the prophecies as listed in The Prophecies of St. Malachy, published by the Thomas A. Nelson, a Catholic Publishing House, is that Malachy's original works listed only 111 Popes, not 112, as given in the TAN version of the prophecies. Sometime between the first and subsequent printings the 112th, Petrus Romanus, was added to Malachy's prophecy. It was added after the 1820 publication of the prophecies.

Keeping the 112th pope hidden in the first edition could be a great sales trick for the publisher when a new edition was to be printed. Or given it was a man closely connected to the Poop's Church, there might have been other reasons why the 112th pope might have been hidden. For instance, why didn't st. Malachy call Peter the Roman, Peter II the Roman? Such things can become lengthy and take much time in the Church of the Poope.

But of course, as it is presented, the 112th stands out in a way, with more elaborate language and other things, and 111 is a cooler number than 112 to some....

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
Didn't Nostradamus predict that the final Pope would be the one to succeed Pope John Paul II (not referred to by name), and that he would have only a short time in office? That should be the current one - Pope Benedict XVI.

I've heard that Nostradamus is said to be the prophet behind the prophecies of st. Malachy. That he published his 112 (or 111) popes prophecy under st. Malachy's name in order not to be associated with the prophecies. After all it was around his time they were found (or "found") in the Vatican archives, and published, might have been one of his "horns"...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

It's obvious the guy who wrote that (and I think I can remember who it might have been) had knowledge of the st. Malachy prophecies, prior to writing his interpretation. And it's woth a try. But though I have thought otherwise before, I always end up with John being the Presens tense, saying five have fallen, five empires (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia and Greece), one is now (Rome, the wounded - Cæsar is the same word as Eng. Scar and No. Skjære (cut) and scary, and we see it in a word like cesarian incission), who was revived in the Holy Roman Empire of the Pope, with two more kings/horns. And the one yet to come, could be Great Britain, it could be USA, it could be the Soviet Union (good candidate with the MIR Dragon plummeting to Earth and all), and it could be whatever the Bilderbergs are planning to erect. To me it is kind of obvious after having tested many other models presented in the public foras. When the pope came to power, he soon directed the secular scepter over to first the French, and then the Germans. It could actually be done, with a mere false prophet breaking the scene, getting payed by the powers behind the said governments/families. St. Malachy? Nostradamus? The Pope himself? After all, his job description does include Prophet.... Let's test him like the Tanakh teach us to test prophets: Can he say something that will happen? Anyone who freewillingly wants to walk to Rome and make a scene in the Square of st. Peter?

[edit on 17/11/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join