It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel poser.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This time travel thing has always interested me.

Suppose you could go back in time for ONE minute only and do ONE thing only, just what would it be.

Would you be selfish and do something for yourself or be magnamanous and do something that would benefit all mankind.

I would be quite tempted to go back to Hitler when he was a baby and kill him.

There again could you really kill a little baby ?

Gee what a horrible thought.

I think I would probably do something just for myself, like maybe win a big lottery from a few years ago.

I wonder is it bad to look after just yourself if you could go back for just one minute.

Would be interesteing to find out just how many would be selfish like me or more concerned about the human race.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The problem is that you may create a worse future in the process. You just never know!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I would actually use it to my own benefit. Major historical events being changed "could possibly" change history and alter everything we would know. OR...it might not. Chances are it would though, logically.

I would drop through make a bit of money off of Microsoft, maybe throw down on some stocks and investments and possibly make arrangements to watch Marilyn Monroe in the shower for a bit.

[Edited on 5-20-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I would not go back to change anything, but I would like to be witness to various events to prove their validity to myself.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Miss Monroe in a shower

Wonderful !!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayKew

Miss Monroe in a shower

Wonderful !!

I was more refering to the illeged reanimation/miracles of Jesus or seeing dinosaurs or Roswell, NM.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
given the facts that calendars have been altered and changed how will you pinpoint exactly when and where to go back in time ?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Dont be complicating a FUN question

Spoilsport!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
The problem is that you may create a worse future in the process. You just never know!

Yes Exaclty. Killing one butterfly could change thw whole future unimaginably! One little thing could chnge the entire future.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
In the case going back to alter the past, the future time traveler has already failed! Our past still exists in this continuum, and Is either the product of or in spite of any intervention... until it changes and we can't remember because we have a shiny new past or our brains are Green Jell-O.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Im going back to win the lottery , not to assasinate a butterfly

Why are you going back ?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Tis a hard question.

I have been through a lot.
A lot of things in my life I at first think, I would love to change.
But then I realize, changing such events would only change me, and hey...
I like me.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I think the only thing I can even concider changing, would be to bring back lottery numbers from the week before and win the lottery just once. LOL
I would do that! Yup yup! I would.

great excercise in thinking though.

And there are some events I would love to go back and witness for myself, or even some events in my own life, I would love to go back and re experience, but I cant say I would want to change anything, besides winning the prior weeks lottery.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'd go back as a NHL referee in the last regular season game versus Vancouver & Colorado. And just before Todd Bertuzzi gets caught up in his emotions (and what Steve Moore said to him in the seconds leading up to the incedent...and he did say something. Hocky fan every where will tell you that[Hocky fans that have played and know the trash talk that happens].) and strikes and land on Steve Moore, I'd blow the whistle and give him a 10 min major and a game misconduct for......anything....looking at my wife in the stands, who cares really. Bascially just get Tod off the ice.

That incedent runed my Canucks chance in the playoffs and is the only thing in my life that I would change....yep Iam Canadian.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Good to see you are so benevolent.

Most of us, go for money or assasinating people who caused the world to have bad times.

Putting your arm around a hockey player ?

Well I would have put plenty at 6 to 5 that this would not have come up

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You must understand, in need nothing like money and material things. I have everything I want...Except for seeing my Vancouver Canucks win a Stanley Cup. Plus it would do good for both Tod(no suspention = Stanley Cup for Vancouver) and Steve(no injury = loose to Vancouver in the playoffs).

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
No, I think that HumptyDumpty would go back to just moments before all the kings horses and all the kings men came rushing over and put a helmet on.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
if you could go back in time as a digital hologram you would not be able to take any hard ware stuff with
you back to the future !!
so winning the loterie...forget it

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'd go back in time, turn the lights out in the bedroom, knock Joe DiMaggio unconscious, and have a romp with Marilyn.

Wait you said a whole minute?

Then I'd have a cigarette too...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
No, I think that HumptyDumpty would go back to just moments before all the kings horses and all the kings men came rushing over and put a helmet on.

A good obersavtion on my name Jonna

But my interpertation of my name is a little bit different...Humpty Dumpty sat on a fence... Iam Italian(We have been labled "fence sitters" from the WW's), and I tend to sit back and analize both sides of a event till the right moment to make my move is at hand...Hence HumptyDumpty, the "fence sitter".

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
In a recent survey it was discovered that most people on ATS desired a minute (including a smoke) with Miss Monroe

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join