It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection - Learning the way.. lookin for advice and stories

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ai.therapy
So focusing/making the intention to project and this process of hearing unbalanced tones, is how you get this 'buzz' noise?

Monroe guides you through the basic process in the CDs. It's just clearing your mind of all your worries, expectations, those sorts of things. Just clearing your mind, and relaxing in the moment, being aware of the moment. And while he's talking, there's a gentle ocean surf sound in the background, and behind that, is the hemi-sync technology which just creates a slow "wavering" type of sound sensation. You can focus on that wavering if you want, and it might aid in your brain relaxing, but I don't think it's necessary.

You just stay alert in your mind, and consciously aware, even as the rest of your body starts to fall asleep. It will feel like your body has a big lead sheet over it or even is a big lead sheet. You can feel the bed/couch/floor/whatever supporting the weight of your body. It's like when a part of your body "goes to sleep" and gets all tingly, almost numb, except you still have perfect blood flow so you don't get the tingly sensation. Your awareness is simply removed from your body, taken "out of phase" with it so to speak so you can focus your awareness in your mind.

Also it seems like a lot of people get sleep paralysis when trying to get astral. Usually some type of creepy thing is in the room with them.

I would have even worse sleeping habits if that happened to me...

Nah, those are exceptions it seems to me. Before I was a member here at ATS I was a member of the Astral Pulse forums, and I'm still an active member there, and have read a lot of OBE experiences. Sleep paralysis is never permanent, obviously. It just takes a moment to "snap" back into your body, and for people not psychologically prepared or expecting such a thing, it can be a shock. If I've ever experienced it personally, it was only for a brief second before I was able to get back to my body, and I didn't even think "oh, I was just paralyzed." The point of separating your awareness from your body is a good pre-requisite for phasing your consciousness out of your body anyway.

If you don't pay any mind to negative thoughts, or have a tendency to obsess on them, then you shouldn't really have a problem with "negs" either. In all cases you are just "phasing" into what is "on your mind."

[edit on 18-11-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Choiseul

Well I have an interesting experience to tell...xD

For the past two nights, I haven't been able to get to sleep like I normally have, whereas I just lay down and eventually drift off. Now when I go to bed, eventually a big wave of really calm energy just sweeps over me (without bringing it on) and immediately makes me calm/prone to sleep.

I guess next time I should make more use of that wave. Anyways, for the past two nights my body has been resting but my mind has been fully conscious. I know what insomnia/not sleeping feels like, and this definitely isn't what it is. At the most I got two hours of 'complete' sleep last night, and the rest my mind was busy rattling off thoughts.

It immediately got rid of my headache as well...
That was a relief. But, I plan to make use of that calmness tonight. I'm pretty sure this is my mind/spirit guides/body telling me that I'm ready to dabble more in this type of thing.

I've never experienced this before. One thing I do know though, is that my brain can be really annoying....
I feel sorry for any mind reader that hears my thoughts!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Yes, bsbray, almost exactly like that. (about what I posted above) Really calm, almost numb. Very tingly. Only I didn't hear a buzzing.

Although, that's fine. I'm glad I've made progress!

Also, thank you to everyone whose posted! You've really helped believe it or not.
Your confidence/support (and also struggles) tells me I'm not the only one flailing in the astral waters...xD

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I've had an interest in OOBE for many years. Read and loved Monroe's books but never really got anywhere. Three yrs ago, I had two projections, both similarly begun. In both instances, I had woken up early to see my son off to go back to college. One book I read said to always try to project in the morning, after you've had a full night's sleep, and in both of my experiences that was the case. I'm falling back to sleep when I feel a pressure on my back. I'm sleeping on my left side, almost on my stomach. It felt exactly as though my husband had rolled over on me!! I was about to say something when abruptly the pressure grew much worse and I popped out of my body. Several nights later my husband was working and again I had gotten up and gone back to bed. I had gone to sleep but woke up, thinking I felt someone behind me in bed, thinking it was my husband, drifting off again. Then I half woke up, thought wait a minute, he's at work, then I got the pressure again and popped out again. So I think I was ushered out of the body by someone/something. It scared me badly. The experiences I had were not bad, in fact, they were exhilarating but the whole process scared me. I had the feeling the first week or so after the experiences that I could do them again at will, but didn't want to. I had several near misses where I stubbornly stayed in my body. Now I sort of want to do it again but haven't been able to. My best advice, though, is to get up early in the morning, putter around for a few minutes, then go back to bed.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
As far as being afraid you will have at least one obe in your life. Its called death so why not figure out what it's all about.

zen quote people are afraid of the void what they don't realize is they are the void

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to

The serious Wizard was dressed in a very colorful futuristic type robe of blue and gold. He had a stern face and a blond flat top, short cut, military hair style. He took one look at me and his left arm turned to ice, then into a long sword of ice, then his whole body followed his arm and he became a blue ice snake and swiveled from my view.

blue is a part of the throat chakra and so signifies communication while gold is a very good colour when used with healings. Blue as an energy/aura is calming and balancing. Water is also blue, water is symbolic for our emotional side and because yours turned to ice it may be telling you that in order to use your intuition you'll need to be open to your emotional side and not hide emotions. (Then snake being change)

The Grinning Wizard was really cool. He was dressed in a black robe made from twined black leather. He had long black hair a beard and mustache. He turned into a bird by dissolving into feathers from bottom to top, until he flew off as a raven.
black is sometimes about the unknown, leaping into th eunknown based on faith and taking a chance on things in life. Msgs-(birds)-are also unknown and mysterious when from the Other Side

I felt no fear from these guys at all it was like I knew them, like they were parts of my personality or something.

The funny thing is they both looked totally caught off guard when I first saw them. And the music was so beautiful. One thing I know for sure tho, I did not have a body while I was there.

sounds like a wonderful experience!

Thanks for the info Zerra, I'll try putting a question under my pillow tonight.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerra

Thanks again Zerra.

I wonder if it is our subconsciousness that understands these symbols and even tho our conscience does not we still understand them on some level.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Last night was the closest I believe I've ever gotten to astral projection, and I'd just want to know whether or not what I experienced was that, or just late-night unclarity of mind. It didn't seem difficult to do, contrary to the intricate techniques people put out here.

I was in my bed, on my back with my hands at my sides. I didn't let my body move, and allowed it to become heavy and numb. I imagined my thoughts as a large, vibrating orange spot in my mind and imagined the spot spreading out to the rest of my body and limbs. Then I felt peaceful and quiet, and even heavier. Since I had my eyes closed, I focused on the images one usually sees before falling asleep, and cleared my mind further. i felt concentrated and a feeling of oneness.
In a few minutes, my immediate environment felt muffled and the blackness around me felt warm and empty. My bed began moving in small, smooth jerks back and forth and later diagonally from top right to bottom left and back again.
I accidentally focused on my breathing and it became heavy and interfered with the jerky vibrations, so I tried breathing through my mouth and it as a whole lot more calmer and didn't make my chest rise as much.

What happened next isn't too easy to describe so excuse my brevity. I lost feeling of my physical body. I didn't have a feel of where my arms and legs were, and I didn't feel as if my arms were still at my sides, and what scared me the most was the feeling of my spine arching out and my head being at the level of my back. I lost focus of what position I was lying in. Soon after, I began breathing in…one, long inhale which seemed to last several minutes. The air was cold and didn't feel very much like the warm air in my room.

I knew I could have a projection now if I wanted to, but I was afraid of opening my eyes, and didn't know how to do it. If I opened my eyes, would the feelings go away?
At that moment, I felt like my body was pulling into two, peeling like a sticker. I left this go on for a few minutes, and suddenly realized I felt as if I was suspended in air, and could be anywhere from lying numb in my bed to floating in the middle of my room, near the ceiling.
This scared me, and I opened my eyes. My body felt dry, and it took me a moment to calm down and realize I was in my physical body. For a few more seconds, I felt like a spring trying to find equilibrium.

I think the strangest moment was the feeling of losing control of the shape of my body, the physical shape, and I would be happy to travel once I gain confidence of my new amorphous body and be able to lose the fear. I felt like I could drown in the air, like I was air.

Is this astral projection that I experienced? And how do I open my eyes and fully leave my body? Do I just need to practice further?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It is interesting as you mention vampires when discussing astral project. Often vampires are said to be able to project themselves onto others, feeding off their energy, for example:

www.bloodylexicon.com...

Be careful that you don't harm people you may come across when you are projecting. For example, on this site their comment is quite scary, and you must make sure you mean no harm.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by shadowprey]

[edit on 28-11-2009 by shadowprey]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I forgot where I read this, but the method that worked for me when I tried was the "look at your watch" method. Basically since your actions throughout the day carry over into your dream state, this is what you do. Every hour you look at your watch and then recount step by step everything you did to the best of your ability up to the time that you looked at you watch and then ask yourself does this make sense and am I asleep. Eventually you will start to do this while you are dreaming and you will realize that events up to when you looked at your watch don't make sense and then when you ask yourself are you asleep you will realize that you are asleep, then you will be able to grab a hold of your consciousness now while you are asleep. The next step is to tell your self you want to have an OOBE and then will it to happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I made this podcast guide a while ago, as well there is some pretty good discussion on there if you feel like checking it out:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You should also check out the "Conscious OBE thread"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Its the biggest one going discussing astral projection.

-steve

[edit on 30-11-2009 by CavemanDD]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Again, thanks everyone for your responses. I just thought I would update this and keep it alive a bit... for those of us attempting or who are able to astral project, I think this would be a next-to-best log of your experiences.

I took a week or so break from trying every night because some nights for me, I'm rather restless. Last night though, not so much. I decided to try to go to bed a bit earlier than normal and relax without anything serious on my mind. Rather than just focusing on the darkness with my eyes shut and not thinking of anything.. I find it easier for me to get closer to projection when I daydream so-to-speak. I see pictures or whatnot between stages when my body drifts, but my mind is still awake and all.
I was a bit close last night, but didn't remember a thing... had some noises upstairs (pet, etc..) that woke me up more and I snapped back... I didn't realize what happened until my feet flung up in the air. So, it was close...

Cheers!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join