It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection - Learning the way.. lookin for advice and stories

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hello everyone; this is my first real post and I thought i would do one on what I am currently attempting. Attempting I say because I can't get the last final steps to actually project.

I can fall asleep mostly and be livid in my mind. I can hear things that aren't there and sometimes feel as if there are spiders crawling on me (sometimes it really is a spider, I checked). Some of the noises I regularly hear are scratching on the walls inside or out, sometimes a soft but yet deep growl and once a raspy voice that i think said my name. I understand these are all symptoms before you project. I want to know more on the feeling and what happens in-between when you are actually leaving your body; sensations, sounds, visibility, and memory.

So I am looking forward to any advice on my attempts to project and what your stories are if you are able. Next to telekinesis and some sort of control over the elements, this has me fascinated.

When I do this I have more memorable dreams rather than having months of nothing but straight blackness. According to a dream book online; it said if you are telekinetic in a dream then it could have something to do with your latent psychic abilities... I often dream of vampires and being telekinetic but never at the same time. That is a different subject entirely but always the curious I am.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
My best advice. Don't do it. I played with this 20 years ago. I never did get all the way out but I got close enough to know it's real. Or at least that "something" happens akin to what they describe is supposed to happen.

I got the whooshing sound, the vibratory state you read about and everything. I had tried and practiced it for weeks trying to get out. One night, when I got the closest, I felt my spirit start to rise then suddenly SLAM back into my body. This was felt in my chest area, the worse pain I have ever felt in my life. It was no heart attack or anything like that. Some people claim this is because I am too "grounded" to the earth but I don't believe that, as I have believed in my spirit body and this physical one just being a shell, all my life. I decided not to try it again after that.

The problem with Astral Projection is once you get out you never know where you are going to end up or who you are going to end up traveling with.

There are many beings who have talked to people in their astral bodies and shown them things. A lot of these are evil as well as some that are claimed to be good. You just don't have that much control because it is not the natural state you were created for on this earth.

If you want to learn about spiritual things the best way is to pick a religion and follow it. Actually Do the teachings and live by them. If your serious about finding truth in spiritual things as if from a creator, the creator (God) will lead you to truth. He will teach you what is right for you to know. (unless you choose Satan worshiping religion then you will by manipulated and have no foundation to know what truth is or not.)

Also all these things about ESP greatly interested me. But I found there is a right way and a wrong way to get them. In a christian religion the Holy Spirit leads to all truth. A Christian gains knowledge of God given ESP talents when he obeys Jesus's teachings and lives by them. At least this way you know where the gifts of ESP are coming from and you don't have to worry about being manipulated by a dark being.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

This is very true i noticed that astral has uncanny resemblances to poltergeist and spirit/demon activity, shadow people.. a hole can of worms..

be warned once Pandora's box is open you might not be able to close it completely again, that's how it was for me anyway

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Interesting .. indeed.
I don't labeling any religious icon because in the end I believe they are all the same thing. God, Satan, Hecate, Isis... all the same matter in the end. Sure they are all different aspects but it is no different in the end.

Evil and Good - the spectrum of all things that exist. I find myself in the good/grey area because of how I am and what I think I am capable of; but overall as you say that there are both in that realm(s) then it is no different from this world. People are not saints as a whole as you may know...

I do enjoy your experience. It helps with my mental thinking... as in how it happens. I like to hear the steps taken in order to try it. If I have any or many negative experiences then I may stop and just agree to follow a spiritual path to enlightenment. Until then all I have is my chance to experience something different. Christianity doesn't appeal to me at all; Wicca/paganism does but still... hhhh.... how I wish these were the days that we thought we would live in Valhalla after we died in battle... that is bliss in the end. --- More battles of hand to hand ish, beer, meat, and women hehe.... thats almost a barbaric heaven for me... almost.

Thank you for your post JohnPhoenix --- if I may ask.. what were the steps you took to have that experience?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOabducteebe

What was your experience if I may? I want this, mostly. There are aspects which I understand that I would not like but I will come to accept them if it comes with the "packaged deal" so to speak...
Hhh... how I wish I could get a psychic to read me... I don't feel.. hmm... normal. No matter how I try I tend to give most people the creeps in the end. Merde... and I do try heh.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
i tried some stuff with remote viewing, and soon afterward had a close encounter, I have seen aura's above things, colors around me everywhere, pulsing sensations, like natural lightness has two 'pulses' of equal timing going in and out, shadow people, one came right at me.. I've also had premonitions before and after, such as knowing people had died as a child.

I'm having a lot of psychic and synchronicity experiences. I'm learning the shamanic individual is the only person who can read his own thoughts honestly.

That's tough.

Hope it helps,

A

ps. I also was recently attacked in my sleep by a shadow person, and it was pushing down hard on my chest, an extremely scary experience.

I thought this was the first time I had this dream, but it started off a lot of memories, It was a recurring dream as a child where I would be attacked in my bedroom.

Interesting thing is when i had the recurring dream (that I had totally forgotten about until I had it after my close encounter), it was in the same room that it used to happen in as a child.. Very weird.. I've never had problems waking up from a scary dream, but I felt like I was screaming for my dad at the top of my voice, but couldn't get out.

It's freaking me out a bit. I now have goosebumps all over my body.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by UFOabducteebe]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOabducteebe

Thank you for sharing. I have not dabbled in remote viewing ever. I don't find that as appealing for some reason but I do find it interesting. Anything of interest to me is worth reading into or "dabbling" a bit.
Shadow people... I had a friendly one when I was young, lil bugger was always casted around my door as a child.. he moved a bit, and we talked or what I imagined would have been a conversation. That much I don't remember but I do remember him vividly.

Now that I read your P.S. -- it attacked you? Hhh.. naughty lil spirit. As I said the most I had done was being choked (very bad indeed, left a lil bruise even, but didn't phase me enough it seems) . Try this out (not sure where I am going) .. but imagine your ... aura for example. I used to do this when I tried to heal others of their headaches or whatnot --- but imagine you are bringing whatever negative energy into your sphere/aura.. try to feel what happened/is happening to you or an individual and have it all in your aura. Imagine cleansing it or whatnot and then dispersing the energy out of your aura. I think this is why I was never lucky to have anything negative around me with spirits... cause I'd eat them up so-to-speak. ... If you try that a few times and have any results.. let me know. I am curious....

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
My best advice. Don't do it. I played with this 20 years ago. I never did get all the way out but I got close enough to know it's real. Or at least that "something" happens akin to what they describe is supposed to happen.

It all depends on the person. When I started, I knew full well what I was doing, and was prepared for any eventuality.

The problem with Astral Projection is once you get out you never know where you are going to end up or who you are going to end up traveling with.

There are many beings who have talked to people in their astral bodies and shown them things. A lot of these are evil as well as some that are claimed to be good. You just don't have that much control because it is not the natural state you were created for on this earth.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

That largely depends on will for concious projections, need for unconcious projections, and at times you are directed.

Concious projections are difficult, if they can be attained at all.

Unconcious projections happen in the dream state, and are not recognized usually as anything other than a dream. I'm a lucid dreamer. Once I had an unconcious projection to a world in a universe where the physics are different, or the technology was different. Two other beings were there being hunted by flying boxes shooting beams of some sort. I helped the beings by opening up a pocket in space/time there, throwing them in, jumping myself in, and closing it up. When the opening was closed, I rejoined my body, and 'woke up'. A few weeks later my mother told me over the phone about a dream she had where whe was being chased by flying boxes, and she dreamed that she called for me to help her. The other being was my now step father, and I recognized him the first time I met him. I pointed this out to her, and she said "yeah, we know". Turns out that he had the same dream. Somehow in that alternate realm she unknowingly pulled me to their location. It's strange.

Another time I was directed to a small hallway with a person at each end of it, and a doorway on the far end on the left. I was given a choice to go through that door, or not. I felt that if I went through the door, there was no coming back. Neither person would ask my question about what happens if I go through that door, but one of them did motion to it. A friend of mine where I grew up recounted the same 'dream', the same choice, and the same outcome. Before we could make our decision, we were sent back, and immediately woke up. This wasn't a shared experience where we were both there at the same time, I was there alone, and she was there alone.

This sort of thing happens to people more often than we are tempted to think. People talk about 'shared dreams', or 'similar dreams', but they are actually talking about shared projection experiences. They don't recognize them as such, and for the singular experiences they are usually shrugged off as a mere dream.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

I have heard of methods of projection that you may call another to help you "get out". Your two experiences have some ... whats the word... substance? To it...
You are able to call another person to aid you but usually in theory you call your spirit guides. Again it depends on who you are and what you believe. I just was told to keep practicing and one day I will achieve this state. I would enjoy it thoroughly but I just need to have a sense of the feeling and the knowing/experience to ease my mind. There are not many experiences listed online that answer my questions so this is the main reason for the post next to my ... curiosity.

Thanks for sharing SpacePunk

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Each of us is born with a spirit guide who helps us-They guide us gently toward our path and help inspire our ideas. They will also take us on astral journeys, even if we do not see them. Sometimes we remember the travels as dreams to places that seem very real, many people remember flying and feeling peace and love. Our body has an energy cord to the soul, we cannot sever this until we die-It makes sure we always are able to return home again. If we do not , or are startled awake the cord snaps back like an elastic. This can be painful and some people feel it in their chest. For others they gradually go back, and most do not remember the experience at all. We all astral travel once in a while to help others in spirit form or to get relaxation. Some people travel to what we call heaven, others on Earth to visit people, others to different realms to explore.

My best advice for you is to ask your guide to take you or help you reach astral travel while you sleep. While we sleep we are awake spiritually and will not be afraid to leave naturally. While awake we bring in too much ego and may try to leave while a guide doesn't agree to help. Sometimes we are not meant to leave when there is danger about-Negative energy passing through-negative energy can be cause by anything-even someone becoming angry or sick around you. They may also feel your soul needs to stay to get physical sleep. If you work with your guide you may find it easier.
Try to recall dreams by not being startled awake-alarm clocks aren't helpful to ease out of a dream. Stay for a while, close your eyes again and let your mind wander to whtat feels familiar-b.c sometimes there's an emotion you are left with or a feeling that will lead you back to a memory. Some say going back into a fetal position wil help bring you to a relaxed eough state taht the dream will come back. It takes many tries, but practice does help. Relaxing will have more benifits than trying to control.

I hope you are successful.

Some more helpful tidbits.

Balance and ground yourself. mediations online can be found for these.
Sheild yourself-again meditations for these are online and quick and simple.

Drink a lot of water during the day (not just b4 bed, or you'll be ...you know lol).

Do not drink alcohol or take drugs before trying anything psychic, it makes our energy offbalance.
Eat less processed sugars, more raw veges.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Zerra]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The only time ive ever Astrally projected and fully LEFT my body in an unconcious and 'frozen' state, is when i'm asleep.
I dont remember leaving or WHY, i just do and i end up in places (Most of the time) that i did not wish to be or even know existed. I have however been pulled out of my body during a sleep. I call it Dream-Walking. Not really sure if this qualifies as Astral-Projection or not.
Ive tried doing it while i am awake, but I dont know how to get completely out of my body that way. There are steps you follow, but i always forget them. Maybe thats my problem, and i do not trust anyone enough to read the steps to me while i concentrate. Anyhow, the OBEs ive had are quite strange too, always when im awake. Its mostly due to tha fact that when youre awake, the Conscious-mind prevents the Subconcious and Metephysical body from functioning properly... I know a lot more than i'm telling, but i'll save it. Not really in the mood to sit for a half hour explaining everything... Anyway, does anyone know the proper procedures and steps to follow to acheive real resutls w/ Astral Projection while awake? I mean, what works the best?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerra

Heh, yeah I was a bit experimental the past couple days. Finally got my hands on a 24 pack and just currently finished the beer and don't plan on trying any projection. I did try and in the end, i either got really tired and slept or I felt heavy and drained. I did try the ouija board drunk a few times and nada... but thats for another topic on another day.

I will try to increase my water intake then... the veggies on the other hand ... merde - I am a meat eating sort... veggies are not on the top of the list or are convenient but I have some regardless. haha.. new quote.. I'm american... I'm not healthy --- hah.. I know it doesn't apply to everyone but considering what is convenient for us.. frozen foods and all... we are not very healthy huh?

Thanks for the posts

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choiseul
reply to post by Zerra

Heh, yeah I was a bit experimental the past couple days. Finally got my hands on a 24 pack and just currently finished the beer and don't plan on trying any projection. I did try and in the end, i either got really tired and slept or I felt heavy and drained. I did try the ouija board drunk a few times and nada... but thats for another topic on another day.

I will try to increase my water intake then... the veggies on the other hand ... merde - I am a meat eating sort... veggies are not on the top of the list or are convenient but I have some regardless. haha.. new quote.. I'm american... I'm not healthy --- hah.. I know it doesn't apply to everyone but considering what is convenient for us.. frozen foods and all... we are not very healthy huh?

Thanks for the posts

Please be careful, I only say this bc I do care. OuijaBoards will open up the right of any soul to attach to you-a spirit guide , angels, and not even the creator can interfere with your free will and so once opened, they cannot protect you. Drinking may make it worse. u2u me anytime and I can give you a safer way to contact. :p

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

The first paragraph I agree with totally.

Knowledge will solve the problems in the second.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't remember all the steps as that was years ago. But no matter who's info you read they will all be about the same. Just google the subject and I am sure you will find tons of detailed outlines of how to achieve an conscious OBE.

Mostly it has to do with relaxing your whole body and then starting to feel a vibrational state come over your whole body, then once you have that, you will start to hear the whooshing sound in your head.. this is like a vortex from which your spirit person will leave your body.

For me, I didn't want to contact anything or anyone.. I just wanted to be free to explore. Imagine going to the Moon and seeing whats there.

I used to play with a Ouija Board. Stopped when I started seeing things fly around the room. We just don't have the control over these things we think we do. Yes Knowledge will help some but the spirit world is not our world. In it, we play by it's rules.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Just one random question for you, Choiseul : how old are you ?

All I can tell is that, even if some exceptions exist, the younger you are, the harder it is for you to project. If you start young, it will take you years for you to master.
(19 years old here, I started training a few weeks ago, I start feeling some gentle vibration, but well... I'm not getting much farther !).

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerra

Hello Zerra,

I have some questions about my Guides.

I have had sleeping paralysis since a very young age. The first time I remember having one I was floating off my bed and there were two being there. One was Sonic the Hedgehog and the other Mario from Mario brothers, Keep in mind I was about 10 or 11 at this time.

Mario had a big grin on his face and Sonic was more serious. Mario was trying to convince me to go with him while Sonic was warning me not to go and that it was to dangerous. I got too scared broke free of the sleep paralysis and ran to my parents bed room to sleep like always.

About a year ago tho, I had a really bad hangover from drinking at a party and my chest hurt terribly from singing karaoke the night before. My hole family was over the house and they brought all their noisy brats with them. I took a pain pill and laid on my bed face down for a second.

The noise of all my family members started to die off as the music of a violin started to get louder until all I heard was the beautiful music. I found my self with two Wizards suddenly. They both looked at me at the same time and looked surprised that I was there. One was very orderly and serious and the other had a very familiar big grin. The serious one left by tuning into a snake and the grinning guy pulled me close and turned into a black bird.

At this point I was looking at Earth from outer space and even saw a satellite pass right in front of me.

I woke up and the noise of my family was back full force lol.

Why would I have two guides that are there together but treat me differently?

One reminds me so much of the Cheshire cat and the other of a drill Sargent.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The first and only time I've actually almost astral projected was about a year ago. My mom had been doing it a lot and told me about her 'adventures' so I felt very left out. I made the intention to astral project, but at the point when it happened had basically given up on the idea of it.

So I was just focusing on the ceiling in the dark. I was actually having trouble sleeping, and when I finally began to drift off I saw this bright purple light. I stared at it, and focused on it... then I felt myself sitting up.

That confused me, because I wanted to lay down and go to sleep. Why would I suddenly be sitting up?? I thought, 'No I want to lay back down and go to sleep' so the process stopped and then I realized...

Crap. I'd just stopped myself from getting out of my body.

Also to the maker of this thread, here is a website you might find useful. It has many people who astral project on it.
www.stevepavlina.com...

[edit on 17-11-2009 by ai.therapy]

[edit on 17-11-2009 by ai.therapy]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You have to clear your mind, if you simply lie down and try leave your body, you'll most likely just fall asleep.

I used a trick I use to do as a kid to clear my mind and totally leave reality. Once I've done that, I try to float away but it's difficult to keep in the state, it's easy to lose focus and start thinking about everyday stuff.

You have to keep your mind totally clear.

I simply think about where I am at the moment, try to get in the second you know what I mean? Get into the exact time, think about where you are and what your doing at that EXACT moment from an outside perspective.

I use to do that as a kid, and float above myself, I wouldn't see the image in my mind, I mean I seriously would float up above myself doing this.

Think about where you are and what your doing at the EXACT second, as if your watching from an outside perspective and totally disbelieve where you are. You'll see what I mean.

Ask yourself Am I really here at this exact moment? Is this real? And you'll begin to float away.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by SatanChrist]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
While not completely certain, but it seems like astral travelling is a conception for visual trip to inner worlds of personal psychology. It could be some kind of connection with the subconscious, which can reflect archetypical images of racial and religious memory. Or the 'collective subconsciousness', as it is sometimes referred.

Every dream is such connection. In willful projection we are actually talking about conscious dreaming - nothing more, nothing less. Some people just have more vivid and able imagination, so they are capable of having visions and conscious oobe and such even when awake; but as long as it just 'tripping' and no serious attempt is made in order to learn about it, it is just waste of time and capabilities. Other people who cannot do this with ease, probably have some other capabilities and other measures to learn about themselves.

You shouldn't waste your time if it seems difficult for you to enter such state. But if you succeed with few attempts, then it might be a good chance to learn something about yourself. But if it's not easy, it's most likely gonna take few weeks, months or even years to reprogram your brain into that kind of activity. Or it might be that it will never happen. It depends much on individual.

But then again, I might be totally wrong; I can only speak from my own experiences and observations on this matter. So add *subjectivity warning!*

Anyways, all the best with your attempts,

-v

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join