It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think the swine flu killed my dad, or maybe worse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Last Wednesday my father passed away. The coroner said from looking at him it seemed like a heart attack. My father was a smoker/drinker since he was like 14 and he was now 55. He was not fat in any way and most of his life he was pretty fit due to exercising daily, although being an alcoholic and smoker you can't be too healthy. We thought it was a little strange for him to die of a heart attack though.

He lived with a roomate and around 10am Wednesday he spoke to him about going out to eat later. Then around 2:30pm he went to go say something to my dad and found him laying on his bed, eyes open, dead. The roomate mentioned to us that my dad had a bad cold, but we didnt think much of it.

Today my mother spoke to the coroner and they say autopsy is still pending so we don't have the exact causes yet but now they are leaning towards he may have caught swine flu and then got pneumonia from it and died because they believe his lungs were filled with fluid.

Is this normal swine flu death or worse? Could he really have gone from having a bad cold but OK enough to go out to just dead? It just sounds similiar to 1918 where they would get sick and within hours sometimes they were dead, but man this just seems much faster. Maybe their preliminary results are way off? It was hard enough hearing my dad died from a heart attack but now that it may be the damn swine flu with pneumonia it just makes it even worse.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm very sorry for your loss mate.

At any rate, I'd not jump to any conspiracy related conclusion until an autopsy is performed. You are going to give yourself into an unnecessary amount of stress during an already stressful time for you.

Pay your respect, mourn, don't worry about conspiracy theories during this. People die of heart attacks all the time, it's very common, due to our unhealthy habits. People get bad colds all the time, and it's the season for it.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingfanpaul

First and foremost, I am sorry to hear about your father friend. I hope you and your family best wishes and a speedy recovery from this traumatic event.

As far as his symptoms and possible reasons of death, the H1N1 is known to have severe complications revolving around Pneumonia and the lungs filling with water.

Did your father have any lung problems such as Chronic Bronchitis or Asthma? These would be contributing factors.

Again, my condolescences and I hope you find the closure you seek.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Did your father have any lung problems such as Chronic Bronchitis or Asthma? These would be contributing factors.

Again, my condolescences and I hope you find the closure you seek.

~Keeper

Thank you both and No he did not have problems like that.

Sorry I gotta go somewhere now. I will answer any replies when I get back.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Kingfanpaul]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Well that's interesting, he could have died of Cystic Storm I think they call it, when your body is overloaded trying to fight off the virus and ends up turning on itself, but other than that I don't know.

I mean the alcholism as you said as probably a contributing factor, that weakens your immune system substantially, even with a good diet and excercise.

I am sure the autopsy results will answer your questions, please keep us updated

Edit scratch that it's this here:

A cytokine storm, or hypercytokinemia is a potentially fatal immune reaction consisting of a positive feedback loop between cytokines and immune cells, with highly elevated levels of various cytokines.[1]

From Wiki

~Keeper

[edit on 11/16/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am so sorry, I can imagine what you're going through. So sorry, i feel like crying.

Please let us know what the cause of death was...its very possibly the dreaded flu.

I'm afraid...very afraid- My immune system could not stand this horrible genocidal lab-made pandemic. I think we are all in for a lot of suffering soon enough...

God have mercy on us and i will pray for you and your family.

Its just not right.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
My heart goes out to you for your loss... I can't even imagine losing my father whos 54... I have much respect for you for posting about it so soon afterward, I know that must be tough!

Tht aside, I will be the first to suggest, and i dont mean to be alarmist, but here goes:

perhaps this is the among the first USA cases of that pneomonic plague thats hitting the Ukraine right now...?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm so sorry.

My cousin died a few months ago and she had H1N1 but she
also had emphysema. The flu hit her much harder than it would
have if she was healthy. They may find he had a hidden health
problem and if he did contact H1N1 it may have hastened his death.
But, as has been said, I would not jump to conclusions.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
My condolences for your loss. I lost my father some time ago, and still miss him very much. I smile now when I think of him, instead of crying, and I think of him often.

You said he maybe had a cold. Well, congestive heart failure, or CHF, could also be a possibility, and could well have led to a heart attack, or simply heart failure.

CHF will cause a build up of fluid in the lungs which can lead to a cronic cough, especially if something causes it to worsen suddenly, known as an exacerbation.

If it turns out to be something like this, just be sure that you remember, and look out for your health as you grow older, this could be important.

Regardless, I am saddened by your loss, and will send prayers and wishes for your peace and comfort, as well as for your family.

All the best.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
My sympathy and condolences. I know there is nothing that I can say, to provide you, the comfort that your heart deserves. May the peace of Jesus Christ our Lord be with you and your dad.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thank you all for your kind words and I will keep you updated.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Sorry for you lost and take your time to morn your father rather than worry about what cause the death before the autopsy results.

Once the results arrived ask for an extensive brake down of what they found is in your right.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My condolences and sympathy on your loss. I lost my daddy in 2001 and I still miss the sound of his voice.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

top topics

join