It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there was another terrorist attack.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this but I want to ask everybody on this board their opinion on something. Before I ask my family thinks everyone will vote for Bush again if we are attacked again before the elections. I most certainly would not vote for Bush again. Think about it. If we get attacked again that just shows how incompetent Bush and his boys are. So I ask you. Would you vote for Bush if we were attacked again by terrorist before the elections?

I would not.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by mrmulder]

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Nope, I sure wouldn't. But thats just me, I am not going to let some terrorists mess up my way of voting. Then we really have lost if we do that.
Kind of like Spain...IMO

*edited for my fluent typonese*

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Check this thread out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think it could go either way

On the one side, Kerry is not to Security/War Minded.
On the other, Bush continues to run the country into the ground.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I will not vote for bush now, then or ever is 2 new votes in my house and they will be non bush. Who knows we may vote for ourselfs.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I've told some of my friends that i'm writing myself in! In any case if there were another attack, I believe Bush would win. I'm not saying that is right or wrong, as that is not the purpose of this thread. But based on what i've heard (this topic was discussed at my place of employment just the other day) most people have said they would vote for Bush in the wake of another terror attack out of fear of Kerry's seeming indeciseveness. But like I said, i'm just gonna write myself in.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The simple fact of the matter is, if another attack happened in the U.S. anytime soon, it would make most of the constituency vote against the Bush administration. Confidence in Bush and his anti-terror operations are already very shakey and an attack now would deplete all confidence. The sympathy period is LONG over with.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
PREDICTION:

Don't take me too seriously, but this is what I see happenning:

It's been rumored that if there were another terrorist attack on US soil, we would immediatly go into Marshall Law. I see a couple of ,suppossedly, 'diverted attacks' to boost Bush's poll numbers this summer. Then when he gets voted in, he magically fails to divert an attack which will be worse than the 9-11WTC, possibly even destroying an entire city. We get Mr. Marshall Law set lose on us, the european nations begin to fail, the world falls apart, and then the rebuilding begins with Bush at the top of the world food chain alongside 6 others (had to throw in a bit of biblical prophecy, lol).

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Imho, if they make a new doctored attack thats grave enough, Bush will be able to pull the US in a state of emergency canceling the elections to whenever he well pleases. Then the more attacks happen after that, the long they can delay the elections.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I am absolutely convinced that, IF there is another major terrorist attack, on US soil, that martial law will definately be declared.
One of the reasons I got so exorcised, a month or so ago, about the urban combat practice, here in Phoenix, was because I've been thinking about the martial law scenario for some time. Of course, as many of you pointed out, those particular urban combat maneuvers may well have been legit preps for training in Iraq.
I'm no prophet, but I've told my husband for months now, that there will be some excuse to declare martial law before the elections. I haven't completely, rationally, sorted it all out, but it's one of my hunches that seem to come out of the blue.
I hope I'm wrong.
joey

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Yeah, the more you stick your nose into ALL thats going on, the more you pick up the scent of something big going to happen.

My spider sence has been on high alert for months now and when something big happens, I won't be the least surprised. Not even if it was 7 nukes going of on american soil.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i would vote for bush cause hed kick ass and take names, like afghanistan. not even 3 months after 9/11 and were kicking ass over there. if a lib were president hed just say "dont do that again mr. terrorist, oh youll be sorry." god help us all if a liberal is in office and were attacked.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
We have been a lucky nation we are not face with atacks on a daily bases like other countries, perhaps the reason is due to the fact that we are Isolated in this site of the world and is easier to keep an eye on strange things.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Earthscum, I dont think you are that far off.
The only problem is Kerry has no nutz. Nader is a cartoon hero brought out for election purposes. What the hell does he do otherwise? You never hear about him....hmmm... maybe I just stumbled onto sumthin....

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The thing that really gets me is that almost all the info brought to the ATS boards pretty much point out that if we get rid of BUSH we get rid of terrorism. I was actually, being pretty conservative... joey said what I was originally going to, pretty much. I really don't see elections happenning this year... maybe, if at all, next spring. AND, I could really be wrong... lets just hope that Kerry and Bush get lost during the elections and it defaults to a write-in, lol! I bet you that some moron could seem to run the country just because of all the string-pulling... oh yeah, wait... morons in presidency. I guess we've already had alot of them

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
If there is another attack I sincerely hope that not a single one of you would change who you were planning on voting for initially.

Spanish voters were moved to vote for someone who was considered a long shot before the Madrid bombing. What does that mean? Well a terrorist by nature of his name wishes to instill terror into people. He wishes to make them change their lives with his actions. In Spain he succeeded. I hope he wouldn't in America.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
how can you say you dont want people to change who they vote if there is another terrorist attack??

People already changed thier minds because of terrorism...what do you think the whole partiot act was about?? 10 years ago that would have never flown...

Police state soon?? already here?? you betcha

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   

10 years ago that would have never flown...

Absolutely correct. And that's precisely what I'm talking about. Some people are worried that if another terror attacks take place people will swing their votes to Bush believing that he will take the strong route and fight off the terrorists. I say that fear shouldn't be a factor in elections. Don't vote for someone out of reaction. Reaction is weakness. Vote for someone for proactive reasons. For what he WILL do. If we vote only reactively we'll end up with more such things as the patriot act getting passed without proper public involvement won't we?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
unfortuneatly people i think the new attacks will be of the real dirty ones !

-radioactive devices that contaminate without reversing the process.

-drinkingwater made unclean by adding unplesant mixture.

-cutting the electric current on their weakest link:the high voltage mainarteries.

the enemy is going completly the opposite way to low tech war instead of the USA prepairing for sci-fi high tech war !

the costs for security (police,national guard,private guards...) will rise equal to the price for oil...skyhigh.
somebody will have to pay for this !
and it will be the innocent citizen in the USA and all over in the western world.

this is also a strategy the arabs are using now in their war against the western civilisation !
make everything so expensive that you ruin the daily life of the common citizen.
distabilize !

there is now only one thing the western civilization can do about it...fight back with "all hands on deck" .
forget politics for a moment because rightnow it could be that politics will not be the mayor regulator in the future anymore..

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

new topics

top topics

join