It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About 1 in 5 Canadians immunized against H1N1: chief health officer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

ca.yahoo.com

WINNIPEG - The country's chief public health officer says Canada is leading the world when it comes to the percentage of its citizens vaccinated against the swine flu.

Dr. David Butler-Jones says about 20 per cent of the population has received the H1N1 shot in the last three weeks. Canada has about 33 million people.

"That's just unheard of," he said in an interview while he was attending an international conference on HIV/AIDS in Winnipeg on Monday. "Already we've immunized more people than anybody else in th
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 11/16/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me.

I work for the Health Region here in the city, IT department..
All I hear is people, not frantic or panicking, upset they ran out and now are in age specific groups. Already 500k is my city got it, about.

As I mentioned, these people and my friends are not frantic and are in no mood for "conspiracies" and calmly all state them and there family are getting it to just be safe.

Thats fine..
But my daughter and I didn't get it.

ca.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 11/16/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

thanks for the info.

and smart move, i wouldn't get the vaccine either.

all you need to stay healthy is proper diet, good sanitation and common sense.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Do you by any chance know which vaccine they are offering the public in Canada?

I want to compile the information of what each country are giving their citizens.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well at least we are on the ball. I had to get my son the Vaccine since he has a form of Immune Dificiency which makes him ridiculously susceptible to the complications.

Other than that none of my other kids or my spouse have received it. It's kinda sad to see my fellow Canadians just following suit though and not asking very many questions.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

I want to compile the information of what each country are giving their citizens.

We are getting the regular one with the adjuvents in it.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by Chevalerous

We are getting the regular one with the adjuvents in it.

~Keeper

What's this "we" thing you are referring to?.......

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The adjuvanted one is AREPANRIX, by glaxosmithkline,

the un-adjuvanted one is PANVAX, by CSL Biotherapies Inc

Canadian Vaccine Info

(edit for link)

[edit on 2009/11/16 by juniperberry]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

As in, "we" the people of Canada...

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
The adjuvanted one is AREPANRIX, by glaxosmithkline,

the un-adjuvanted one is PANVAX, by CSL Biotherapies Inc

Canadian Vaccine Info

(edit for link)

[edit on 2009/11/16 by juniperberry]

Thanks mate!

I guess the AREPANRIX is the same as the European made PANDEMRIX with the squalene adjuvant AS03 then?

Can you choose the PANVAX if you want?

EDIT: I just saw that PANVAX is only for pregnant women and very young children.

That would mean that most of the population ends up with getting AREPANRIX/PANDEMRIX - just like in many countries here in Europe!

At least your pregnant women and children get the one without the squalene!

Here they inject PANDEMRIX into all pregnants and in children over 6 months

Cheers and thanks!

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Please tell more about the differences in the vaccines.

What was ukraine given? Adjuvant or not??

Also any brand names you can think of and which do they belong to?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I am uncertain if you can choose the one you want but on the FAQ page, I found this..

Q10. Is it true that there is 10 times more mercury in the unadjuvanted vaccine? How can that be safe for pregnant women? Yes, the unadjuvanted vaccine does contain 50 ug of thimerosal while the adjuvanted vaccine has only 5 ug of thimerosal. The 50 ug remains within the daily limit recommended for environmental exposure to mercury. There’s significantly less mercury in the vaccine than you would find in a can of tuna fish.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Hmm.. I tried to do a 10 minute search but any results kept getting lost in the news of the pneumonic hemorraging (sp?).

And I can't speak Ukrainian so I'll have to leave additional research up to yourself.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Hello mate! 'eco' posted this EU information about the vaccine & brands in another thread:

www.emea.europa.eu...

I'm right now trying to find out what the rest of the world's countries is having for their population!

And Canada is now the first country on my list!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I believe it. Canada has a much lower concentration of crazy than our unfortunately more susceptible neighbours to the south. Everyone I know has been vaccinated, including myself, and I have yet to encounter an anti-vaxx loon in the real world.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Well I'm from Canada (Winnipeg, Manitoba) and I know a lot of people who have got the vaccine and just as many if not more that haven't. Why label people who are anti-vaccination as crazy or loons? That's not cool dude.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

haha. zombieslayer disagrees with zombieoctopus.
slay that thing!
i agree, not cool.

i don't think you're a loon for getting the vaccine, i just choose not to because i don't trust it. that doesn't make me loony.
putting blue cheese in my shoes to keep ground demons from stealing my socks is loony, maybe, but anyone whose never been harassed by a ground demon wouldn't know what it's like to have to keep buying new socks every week.

i have never gotten a flu shot, and i get the flu no more or less than my friends who always get it. i, however, probably have much less mercury in my body than these people. often, people get horribly ill from the flu shot itself. that is not loony conspiracy theory, that is fact.

shoots the dice and takes yer chances, either way, but it's not cool to label others for making their own educated guesses about which path to travel. i trust my body to immunize itself in time of need. when i'm too weak for that, i'll go meet jesus and the rest the prophets in valhalla.

edit to change zombielayer(ewww) to zombieslayer.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by billybob]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Well I'm from Canada (Winnipeg, Manitoba) and I know a lot of people who have got the vaccine and just as many if not more that haven't. Why label people who are anti-vaccination as crazy or loons? That's not cool dude.

I'm from Vancouver BC and I've noticed the same. About half the people I know wouldn't go near it (myself included) and these are normal, sane people who wouldn't know a conspiracy site if it bit them in the *.

Every time I hear the news in Canada, there's one so-called 'expert' saying the vaccine is safe and everyone should get it, then I turn around and hear from another so-called 'expert' that it isn't necessary. So which 'expert' do we believe?

My own doctor doesn't even recommend it.

Thankfully I've stopped listening to 'experts' and starting doing my own research with what tools I have.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I can't help but wonder, when a child dies and the parent had the chance to get the vaccine, who is the guilty party?

I'm opposed to forced vaccination, don't get me wrong. I'm not surprised when the vacination did not seem to bother more than a couple of people while the Flu is killing thousands, that the theories evolved kind of like the when Niburu failed to show up in 2003.

Sounds like Canada has their ducks in a row, or is that Loonies?
I love spending those Loonies while in Canada.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Of course they're loons, in the grand scheme of things, they get people killed, that's not cool. Herd immunity, not having small pox or worrying about polio, that's cool.

I'll make one concession, if you're not getting the H1N1 shot because you feel it's been somewhat rushed to market, that's understandable.

But if you're not getting it because you believe it's going to make you retarded, give you cancer, sterilize you or anything like that, you're a loon, sorry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join