It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ghost story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
We all love ghost stories.... whether they be true or not.... ghost stories are the basis for a lost of paranormal studies, so I have decided to write my own ghost story.

I have always had the desire to write, but I was never able to finish anything I started...so I decided to write a ghost story...

This is the beginning, you tell me if I should finish it.....

I didn’t know whether to stand fast or run. Run apparently took over without my knowledge, because before I knew it, I was hauling ass as fast as my feet could fly!

Why was I running? If I told you, you wouldn’t believe me or perhaps you might think that I was quite mad. A few cards short of a full deck, a couple cans short of a six pack, or any other witty euphemism that you could come up with to describe someone who saw something that frightened them so badly that they damn near soiled their shorts. Maybe I should start at the beginning. You see, I am a skeptic, and a diehard skeptic to boot…..or I should say was… but I digress.

I have been interested in the paranormal since I was a kid. I grew up like most other kids, I loved watching horror movies on TV, and I loved a good scary ghost story. But then time passed by and I found myself to be an adult who had lost that magical part of my youth, the ability to believe in something without requiring scientific evidence that would validate its existence. I still held a deep love for the paranormal, but I had an overpowering need for proof… nothing that would convince the world that indeed ghosts do exist, but something more personal in nature. I just wanted to prove to myself that ghosts do in fact exist.

As an adult, I never really had forgotten my love for the paranormal, but the pressing needs of life shoved that interest to a far back corner of my list of important things to do. Marriage, a house, kids, all these things became the most important things in my life, and rightly so. But time marches on, the kids grew up, the marriage fell apart, and I found myself once again a single man with a lot of free time on his hands.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by RickinVa]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Bloody shame about the family.

What shook you up so bad? Realize that "ghosts" will be more likely to make you hurt yourself than the other way around.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Is this autobiographical? Or strictly fiction?

By the way, its always good to put the protagonist in isolation, regarding ghost/paranormal stories. No kids, the wife is gone Etc.....
Stephen King uses that angle alot.
Keep it up!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
fiction,,,, with a lot of personal experience tossed in...... you should always write about something you are familiar with

[edit on 16-11-2009 by RickinVa]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

Looks pretty good to me so far. I think you should finish it.

Looking forward to the next segment.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
A plethora of paranormal shows on network TV once again revived my interest in the paranormal and I wanted to try this stuff for myself to see if it was real. I began by attempting to record electronic voice phenomena, and to my surprise found that it was relatively easy to do, something pretty much any one could right in the privacy of their own home.
I had a lot of success recording evp’s, just I just couldn’t convince myself that they were really from dead people…. Research led me to conclude that they were most likely a product of our own subconscious that somehow was able to produce the phenomena. Not as fun as believing that you were recording dead people, but to my ever skeptical mind, that seemed like the most logical explanation. And that to me was just as believable as dead people talking.
I began to question whether there really was anything at all that was paranormal when it came to ghosts and hauntings….. that’s what led me to Henry and the events that would forever change my life.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Speaking of Ghosts, can you clearofy this Quote RickinVa ?

First off, I am posting this thread so that it has been stated publicly, some of the strange things that have happened to me since I wrote the book “old world secrets the omega project codes”. On 7-13-08, “RickinVa” with the title “Im a FED... so what?” posts that the book is BS. You should be able to find it on page 8, and I never thought that much of it at the time.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just wonder if Mr. Bl is a Ghost now or if you know Something !

new topics

top topics

join