It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweet daytime footage? Greensburg PA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I found this browsing mufons website and found myself very intrigued just thought I would share here is the link to download the high quality version Link
just be warned the music the guy is playing is very annoying "turn volume down" lol

here are couple screenshots i made looks like the typical top hat design

and the guys description from the Mufon website event id #20533

I was on Rt. 30 WEST going into Greensburg, and around the intersection of Mountain View Inn, I noticed what appeared to be two birds seemingly "fighting" each other over the highway. As I drove closer, with traffic full on both sides of the highway, red lights drew my attention upwards to these "birds", which were spinning, rotating, and circling each other. As I passed directly under of the objects, I clearly made out a five-pointed star-shape from viewing underneath. Circular-ringed ridges were on the body, emanating from the center point of the craft outward. My very first reaction at this was that it was some sort of R.C. airplane, but then it dawned on me, these were extremely low in comparison with the tops of nearby trees. I pulled over in the middle of the road, next to the dividing barrier, and tried to film what I could. Trees are somewhat in the way in the film. 1 minute and 30 seconds of film shot, with only about 15 seconds of "good" footage of the crafts. The "backs" of these crafts had a giant red light, approx. 3 ft in heighth and 6 ft in length, with vertical rows of lights that would flash from side-to-side. As it flew away, the two crafts appeared to fly unsteady or unstable, wobbling and tilting from side-to-side as it flew off. It headed off first South, but then veered in a south-westernly direction, and I attempted to chase it by following road in that general direction, but I never caught another glimpse of them.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
They remind me of mylar balloons.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I saw this on mufon as well. I really cant describe what Im seeing in the video...but its definitely odd.

There seems to be a lot of sightings reported to mufon as of lately.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
uum wow.. yeah.. trees, and balloons.... well I guess if we're testing the clarity of the video.. great footage.. but baloons and trees?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Balloons, tree`s and a shaky camera.

Cheers
mrix

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
As if the music was not bad enough, Mylar balloons nothing else....jeez people c'mon not everything in the sky is a UFO!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by van001

balloons ? "no way" IMOP Bob lazar testing his new prototype w/ a friend

in all serious ness do those balloons have red lights on them? I just dont think it is, can some one show me why it is balloons filled with swamp gas?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It looks like 2 birds sitting on a wire having a cigarette.
It probably is not that though.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Starred and flagged, interesting video. I don't mind the music that much either. I don't think they're balloons. My first thought is similar to the person who reported it, that it's RC aircraft. However I don't know enough about RC aircraft to know if that kind of synchronised manoeuvring is easy/possible with RC 'ufo' type craft, because mostly they're novelty items. There are a number of UAVs that are disc shaped - ish. The Draganflyer type cheapo UAVs have a pointed star like configuration if viewed from a distance.

But don't know. I'm going to take a look at the source video tonight to see if there's any additional info in there.

If someone could check google maps (I'm busy till tonight) for the approximate area it'd be interesting to see if there's proximity to any military bases or proving grounds.

Edit: Just watched the source video, and it's better than average. Out of focus in parts, but above VGA resolution, isn't over compressed, and doesn't appear to be using digital zoom.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Those are mylar balloons, one of them is red mylar. Mylar is a highly reflective material, and when lit by the sun at certain angles it looks like a light. You can find many examples on the net.

The unstable wobble of the objects is the exact characteristic of a balloon in unstable winds.

Seriously, some of you people need to work on your identification skills.

My screen shot:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9f0e007a04d.png[/atsimg]

I'm guessing they are tied together too. That explains their matched speeds and close formation.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

I've typed out what I did cause I learnt as I went, so there could be a better/easier way of doing it.

The file on the Mufon CMS is 9510kbps MPEG-PS, interlaced. I took the original file and processed it using Mplayer in order to remove the interlacing and create an uncompressed intermediary file (YUV format). I used the following command:

"C:\Program Files\SMPlayer\mplayer\mplayer.exe" -vo yuv4mpeg -vf yadif=1:1,pp -nosound 20533_submitter_file1__MOV002.MPGV

Using the Yadif deinterlacing filter and with the highest quality post-processing that Mplayer offers.

That produces a 2.5gb deinterlaced, uncompressed, file called stream.yuv. Then I used Mplayer again to create a frame-by-frame dump of that file, ending up with 5304 uncompressed PNG files (at 1mb each!):

"C:\Program Files\SMPlayer\mplayer\mplayer.exe" -vo png -nosound stream.yuv

Anyone can repeat this for other stuff, Mplayer is free. I'm not going through the files again, but here's one that shows the shape (there are a few):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/763ad27ddef6.png[/atsimg]

I suspect two five pointed star balloons, maybe from a party or fair, one red, one silver, tied together. The 'lights' are likely the inner edges of the star shape hitting the sun low in the sky, and, presumably, the concentric circles reference is the pattern on the balloons. There's a number of frames backing the shape/bright reflections. Can see why the person who reported it thought it unusual though, because of the relative difference of reflected light - it looked, superficially, like aircraft lights.

Contrary to claims otherwise their trajectory is quite free from wobble, but seemingly buffeted occasionally, but with the camera shake it just looks like that. It was obviously taken at maximum optical zoom which is difficult to keep steady without aid.

It's always good to check these things out thoroughly because forming an opinion based on scaled images and twice or more compressed images is bordering on idiotic. I find snap judgements rude.

So thanks to OP - what separates this from most online reports is source video, approximate location etc. which is to be commended.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I just wonder why could the person not move closer to get a better shot of these and also the flashing doesn't look anything like real flashing but aliens might have special flashing devices and there might have been fences or some thing in the way.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar
They remind me of mylar balloons.

Of course they do!!!
PPfftttt

You cant call those ballons any more than you can claim they are alien craft. I wish there were a few seconds of video the wanst obstructed by the tree line so we could get e more clear shot of what these were... Ballons dont tend to float downward as these two suggested to move and usually dont have flashing red light tied to them either.

Do parachutes sometimes have red strobes attached to them?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ls1cameric

I must say, despite thinking they're probably balloons, I am intrigued by the relative brightness and seemingly point source appearance of the light. If you've got the hard drive space you should follow the method I used above to get some reasonable quality frame by frame stills of the video. I'm open to being wrong and I am certainly interested in the optics of the 'lights'. I saw nothing to indicate that the lights weren't reflections/glare from the sun, but I'm no expert, and more eyes the merrier.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

this is my video, stabilized. you can see it better in this vid. they have red lights strobing left - to - right... the crafts crafts themselves are not shiny, reflective, OR red
and they looked like five-pointed stars from the bottom...
if they're ballons.. show me a picture of such a ballon, and i'll believe that's what they are

full video with narration:

if anyone can tell me, and show me a picture, of what these are, i'd be glad to learn
i'm always open, and i just want to find out what i saw

top topics

join