It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin - a prediction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There have been quite a few things happening recently that have caught my eye. As I would hope most of you are aware, propaganda is best served slowly.
  • I watch a lot of documentaries on TV (like the noise in the background, but hate the newer programming on the networks). Ice Road Truckers, Alaska State Troopers, and other shows focused on Alaska have been popping up like crazy.

• Sarah Palin on Oprah! She hits a Home Run !

• Chuck Norris talks about One-World Government contains a Youtube video that at one point shows poll results for the 2012 Republican Primary. (Yeah, it has started already.
    ) Sarah palin is only 10 points behind the front-runner Mike Hucklebee.

I am beginning to wonder if Sarah Palin is not being groomed to be the next POTUS?

Think about it. Bill Clinton was a nobody outside of Arkansas until he was introduced into the Democratic Primary for the 1992 election. The well-known (at the time) Dan Quayle lost. George W. Bush wasn't well-known either when he was introduced in 2000 (except as George H. W. Bush's wandering ne'er-do-well son), yet he became POTUS. Al Gore, a household name at the time, lost. Obama was just a Junior Senator from Illinois, with his only real notice form the public being a funny last name, until suddenly he became POTUS. McCain, very well-known, lost, and was losing miserably until an unknown Sarah Palin rose to become the VP nominee.

I see a pattern here. The Democrats have won using relative new-comers to national politics. The Republicans, conversely, have lost every time they tried to run a well-known political figure.

Obama is leading a failed administration. That much I am certain of. The next election cycle (2012) will be a free-for all with advantage going to the Republicans. Now the Republican party has reached the point where their only two options left are adapt or die. The entire political vista of US politics is under strict Democratic control. As such, I believe that the Republicans plan to have Sarah Palin groomed and ready for 2012.

Now some will argue that Palin is already too well-known for this theory to hold water. I counter that by her absence from the political scene, even from the Governorship of Alaska, for four years, she will still appear fresh enough to the American public to pull off a victory. Little on the MSM is being said about Palin herself, although as previously mentioned, plenty is being said about Alaska, and in such a tone as to make it sound like some sort of utopia where the police are nice and brave, hardy souls manage to survive and thrive despite harsh conditions.

Thus, I hereby lodge my prediction that come November 2012, Sarah Palin will become President-elect of the United States of America.

I will also state that this is only a prediction and not an endorsement. While I do like some things about Palin, I also think she is woefully inexperienced and woefully lacking in tenacity. Do not take anything in this post to be assuming that she would make a good President.

Thoughts?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Nope. Only about 20% of the country will actually be able to look past the fact that she's a blithering idiot (the jesus and wal-mart demographic). Also the RNC isn't that stupid. Sarah's destiny is to be a cheerleader for extreme conservatives and that's about it as that's all she's capable of.

Wow this thread was started by a mod too. I see great things in store for this thread.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think if you moved your prediction to 2016 I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

I like to watch patterns, and I think obama will be reelected, and the presidency will go republican in 2016. I don't think it will be sarah plain, as she's too well known already. It will be someone we haven't been introduced to yet.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If Obama and the Dems continue on their current course, which imo is going to promote widespread apathy amongst the left leaning progressives and independents, they will make it very easy for the GOP to retake the WH in 2012. I damn sure won't be voting for that corporate lapdog and any of these other con artists who have sold the people of this country out for 50 pieces of silver.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Wow this thread was started by a mod too. I see great things in store for this thread.

1. I'm a member first, and a Mod second.

2. I do not moderate in threads I have posted in.

3. This isn't even one of my forums (thankfully).

Please, as long as you do not see the title under my signature, think of me as the same old lovable/hateable redneck I have always been.

As for the substance of your post, I believe 20% is badly conservative (pun intended). The country is still split down the middle as to which head of the snake they prefer. Obama's landslide was, IMHO, simply a backlash against the policies implemented by Bush being against the wishes of his supporters.

I'd say the number would be closer to 50%, especially after the propaganda machine goes into full force.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

[edit on 16-11-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

Mod Note: Moderators Are People Too – Please Review This Link.

Keep to the topic of the thread and not who created the thread.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I apologize for my smart ass tone. Realistically I could see Sarah getting as much as 30-35% of the vote but I just can't imagine minority voters or upper-middle class voters going for her. Also, think about the epic propaganda campaigns that could be made about her. The jokes would be hilarious.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I like to watch patterns, and I think obama will be reelected,

God, I hope your wrong. Will we even have a country much less an election by 2012? BO's doing a fine job of gutting us now and it's only been close to a year.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Allow me to make an observation. Find a younger version of ron paul. This person will arise in 2013-14 and then you will see a shift.

What I'm getting at is a true fiscal conservative. Not a moral conservative. You find that politician, and you'll find the next president. we need someone with business acumen who can lay out in layman's terms how and why. This person will not use buzzwords, but will use shorter simple statements. Think of the way reagan was able to get his point across.

I don't think sara palin will be that person.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hmmm... I concur on a couple of parts. I don't usually vote much (yeah I know I should since I am starting to care more the older I keep getting). I do believe we will see at the very least a Republican back in charge after this. I am usually middle of the road when it comes to my political ideals (if not straight up anarchy) but things considering; BOb will be out in 2012 (heh, if there is another president to elect on this earth, if there is an earth around..meh)

Do I want this? Yes (the political part and a little bit of the 2012 but not that much of it). We need less govt. With the current POTUS extending his arms and dipping his hands into everything.... meh ok I am rambling now so to keep it shorter --- Palin, possible, I could even end up voting for her but that is just if she runs and there isn't much of a big choice against BOb.

Cheers -

** I call him Bob

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

It is a well-known fact politically that simply name recognition gets the incumbent a certain percentage of the vote. But I doubt Obama will get that second term. His numbers are already dropping drastically, and I see nothing in the future that will stop that.

I wonder sometimes if we will even have a real election by 2012, what with the economic upheaval playing out now (and no real end in sight). My prediction pre-supposes we do.

--------------------------------------------------

reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Not a problem.

Most of the jokes during the 2008 campaign centered around her being from Alaska. That could be why so much attention is being spent on programs showing Alaska in it's best light. If she gets the reputation of being from such a 'wonderful' state (and no offense to Alaska; I understand it is awesome), then any propaganda from the opposition could easily backfire.

30-35% might be accurate without the propaganda machine of an election cycle. Remember that we are discussing a group that has no qualms about destroying someone to keep their own version of the 'truth' before the eyes of the public.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Oh, I agree. I think we need to get away from both for awhile and go as you suggest a Fiscal Conservative. Again, I agree, we need someone who knows business to get us started out of this crater that we're in.
I don't think she'd make it as President, but I think she may play some roll in the White House.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The GOP is definitely searching for their next candidate. It may be Palin or perhaps, recently available Lou Dobbs... or maybe both on a single ticket, mix & match as it suits you.

Barack Obama is in what's really a no-win situation because he's basically damned if he does and damned if he doesn't in a dozen different issues. Regardless of his actual abilities or achievements in this first term, he could well emerge as damaged goods in 2012 in much the same manner as Jimmy Carter did in 1980.

My personal feeling is that the US electorate is still restless, still apt to be unpredictable at the polls. They have years and years of dissatisfaction to fall back upon so... picking a winner at this distance is (to me) something akin to a crap-shoot. It would depend on luck more than anything tangible.

But I do also think that we are looking for a hero... a JFK or Ronald Reagan type that will take the helm and lead us to the next sunrise. It's just been dusk for too long now.

Cheers

EDIT: Typos

[edit on 16-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'll lay down my own "bet" that the GOP won't offer up any current "popular" players. For now, Palin can go about the country doing what she does well, which is call attention to herself, but I don't believe there is anyway the GOP will allow her more than that... I'm not convinced she wants it, either.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hmmm I guess in our timeline John Titor was off by 4 years... Lol.

To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with her- she seems to be a decent person- other than it won't make a difference- The shadow government/money puppetmasters will control everything she does.

People might as well throw their vote away and vote for a third party.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I agree that people would be much more amenable toward electing a fiscal conservative in the next election, over a moral conservative. However, Sarah Palin is probably not that person. I expect to see her, of all places, on the lecture circuit for the next few years. She could probably do really well in conservative talk radio, but I think she aspires to higher things.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I just wish we could hit the reset button on the govt. and throw in "regular" people. Politicians are all (well not all) puppets. We should scrap them and their 401k and just put in other people, if not all, to do it on the side as one entire community. We have the technology to do it but there is drawbacks from hackers and those who may manipulate that system but its just an idea. Seeing how every system in life can be corrupted.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Just my humble opinion...

To me, this is an obvious troll. It discusses the possibility that something will come out of anything that matters and nothing will.

As an example, the BEAST and the WEASEL enter the ring. The two heavyweights are going to battle it out for the title. This time around, 60% favour the Beast and only 30% favour the Weasel, 10% just want to see them fight. The big betting money is on the Weasel, the underdog, to win the battle. Of course, we know the outcome...

The big betting money knows the Weasel's manager, who also happens to manage the Beast, so of course, all the big bets win and all the little bets are screwed, because the big bets knew ahead of time, the outcome of the battle.

After the "match," Weasel, Beast and the manager end up in a restaurant were the money is split and they all have a bit of libation together, laughing about all those poor little betters, while toasting the big betters at the next table.

It's not about republicans or democrats, or conservatives and liberals, or capitalism and communism. The entire process is rigged, hence, predicting or worrying about who will be in power next is a moot point. It means nothing and if that's what it means, it must be a troll, an exercise in futility.

I'm not prejudiced, I hate all politicians and their handlers equally!

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 11/16.2009 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I can see the merits in the OP thesis.The question is will Palin be the Reps pick.She may well be.The fact is after the Obama admin falls on its ass the people will elect WHATEVER candidate who will be running against him in 2012.Thats my prediction.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I dont see it, I think the msm would love to pick her apart again. I dont see Ron Paul being selected either, msm would ignore him again. They need a new fresh face who has alot of Ron Paul's ideas and then they would have a great chance.

Lets hope that neither Republican or Democrat win, lets hope we get a third party candidate in!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join