It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Stages of Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I found this read to be quite enlightening and wish to share with you.

Sufism is generally understood to be the inner, mystical dimension of Islam.

wiki

In Sufi terms, there are five stages of consciousness: Nasut, Malakut, Jabarut, Lahut, Hahut.

It also desribes the 5 planes,

We exist on five planes. Of three of these planes everybody is conscious. Of the other two only those are conscious who have developed themselves. The lowest plane is Nasut; the material world, of which we are conscious by the sense of sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. In this plane we live in the physical body.

Read Here

If you have any other good reads regarding Consciousness please feel free to share, I find this very interesting.

I believe everything is consciousness, everything is one. There is no physical, just consciousness which gives that illusion. There is no death, we just move on

When we shall be without our physical body, in what we call death, the dream will remain, and the physical world will go from us.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have a good friend that knows alot of Sufi Poems. But I was captivated by the music she presented.

A great artist that works alot of these cultural aspects into her work is Azam Ali.
She was bon in Iran, but raised in India, from what I understand.

She has done alot of commercial work, like the soundtrack to "300", but she also does very good, personal music, working in folk songs and Sufi poems.
Look up her name, or "9 heavens".

Sorry I dont have any good links.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
These 5 planes remind me of the Qaballistic Tree of Life

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
These 5 planes remind me of the Qaballistic Tree of Life

What does it say...? Is it about 'growing'?

top topics

join