It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks to put forward 573.000 text messages from 9/11-2001

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

Whoa Dude. Relax.
I'm not trying to prove anything. I asked the mod when the "texts" would be published. He said in the next 24 hours. . .
I suppose I didn't have to add that last bit, but I thoght it was interesting.
Am I wrong?

I personally love ATS. . .
We're on the same team here.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Interesting.

How credible are these messages going to be without phone numbers and names? It's catch 22 -

- post the messages with names and numbers and it's an invasion of privacy
- post the messages without names and numbers and the information is unverifiable

Even if one of these 573,000 messages reveals a truth contrary to the official story, how can we use it to construe damnable evidence?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
UPDATE:

Wikileaks will be posting the 9/11 text messages link to their twitter account.

Wikileaks has updated 9/11 text messages information...placing an embargo on the material for consumption by the media first. I suggest ATS owners get their hands on the file since they may be granted media privileges on the embargo.

From wikileaks twitter site:

Journalists wishing embargo access to the 573,000 9/11 pager messages, may contact [email protected]

So ATS could put them up before wikileaks, by emailing them?

Here is indication of what kind of messages we will see
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 18-11-2009 by conar]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
somehow i can not edit my original thread starter here with this link to translation to English instead of Spanish(some mess up in linking in first post)

But here is the correct link danish>english translation
Kindly provided by beatnietzsche...

Best regards

Loke.:.

Ps

If an admin maybe could update the link in start of this thread it would be great.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just thought I would update everyone on this issue,

wikileaks have the txts and are just bringing more servers online before releasing it to cope with the expected bandwidth they are expecting...a wise move I think, its just taking longer to get the servers sorted than they expected, so be patient

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by freakyclown

Nice thanks for update. Hopefully it will be soon we get access to it, and i hope ATS are on the dot as a media

Best regards

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
More updates:

Linux reverse-cache boxes urgently needed for pending 911 data release. If you have root access, contact us. [email protected]

Apparently, wikileaks is expecting some major traffic and need help with storage?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to being able to read these. I've spent a great deal of time going through the various audio and video recordings from 9/11, the first responder oral histories and the Moussaoui court case documents.

Hopefully these will help fill in some of the missing data.

I'm in the queue to assist wikileaks with server access, I'll make sure ATS gets a hold of the release quickly.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I dont understand why 573.000 text messages would require extra servers, some of them must be rather extensive

Ok, Maybe if they are 100 MB, and 1000's are going to download them...

What about making a torrent?

[edit on 18-11-2009 by conar]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It's not a traffic or file size thing, they want reverse proxies.

They want to hide where the files are coming from. (And hide who is grabbing them)

[edit on 18-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

A mod on the WikiLeaks site said it's about 40MB in .txt format. I don't know why it's taking so long. . .

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Even if I had the knowledge to give wikileaks access to my storage space for this endeavour, I wouldn't even consider it.

This won't accomplish anything. And worse yet would be if the dump WERE to contain numbers and names. Mastermind of 9-11 going on trial. Release of personal information about people's whereabouts on 9-11 coinciding?

No thanks.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I've followed wikileaks for some time now. It is a safe haven for whistleblowers to provide data so the information can get out there.
They are legit and they have yet to be stopped, even when lawsuits fly.
I would trust hard data from Wikileaks before I would trus hard data from ATS. No offense intended, just stressing how reliable I've found them to be.

[edit on 11/18/2009 by bigdog36]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Times up. I wonder what excuse they'll use this time for failing to deliver the goods.
Not wanting to be traced..any idiot can put a 40mb file onto a stick, go to ANY webcafe and create a false identity. Log in using this and upload the files onto Megaupload/Rapidshare, its not hard to do.

I could have had it done myself in a hour.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Narh you would have been spotted by at least 10 cameras on your way there, your ip would be traced quickly by your home land sec. and you will be caught before you entered your door at home again.

Best regards

Originally posted by ROBL240
Times up. I wonder what excuse they'll use this time for failing to deliver the goods.
Not wanting to be traced..any idiot can put a 40mb file onto a stick, go to ANY webcafe and create a false identity. Log in using this and upload the files onto Megaupload/Rapidshare, its not hard to do.

I could have had it done myself in a hour.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What exactly do you conspiracy people think the texts will show?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by terran99

Us conspiracy people? You know you are on a conspiracy website?
I know that I'm hoping that it will give some more insight on what happened that day. To get some first had perspective.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wikileaks now taking donations:

the 573k 9/11 message intercepts will be delayed until we can budget for the traffic. Help us out

So we get no information unless they get money...have they ever thought about just e-mailing the document to top conspiracy sites and having them post it? Seems like that option would mitigate their costs and spread the word quickly.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Where do you see this information? When I go to their main page it hasn't been updated since November 17th.

BTW, I don't think they should be using this as a pledge drive

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pedroroach

All updates and the actual link will be posted on their twitter site.

twitter.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join