It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and BTS pts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am back after a few years of self imposed exile. The one thing I have noticed is the hidden ATS and BTS pts. Why are they hidden? When reading threads I always gave more credence to posters who have built up a reputation by building up their points.

Did someone get offended by showing the pts? Did a new person get their feelings hurt by joining yesterday and not having any, and felt inadequate.

Just looking for a simple answer, and at the same time recommend the free viewing of pts again.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Carseller4]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I have only been posting a few months here. You can just click on the posters name and see their stats. Have never seen the points directly on the thread since I joined.

Of course, with my attitude, I keep getting points deducted.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
A thousand points of light. You expected to exile yourself for a few years and have nothing change, As if time just stopped at ATS and we were all supposed to freeze in position and wait for your second coming?
God complex! right here that's right, God complex Ya I said it ,want to hear it again ?God complex! That's you pal.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That's probably the whole point. People were probably starring and flagging the hell out of people that already had a whole deal of points already. I'm pretty sure that it would be totally unfair. What if a new person had a really good point but everyone ignored it in favour of a cruddy comment by a notable poster?

Besides, I have quite a bit of points myself, but I'm far from notable. I just lucked out.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

What if a new person had a really good point but everyone ignored it in favour of a cruddy comment by a notable poster?

This occurs on a regular basis already...

Don't you remember the different cliques in school/life, and the bias support they dished out so freely..?

Just make fun of them - it's therapy...and quite easy.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Its because ATS now has a 'Club of Rome' thing going.......get a million points and your in......you then get to post on the real secret stuff

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Edited because of ignorance on my behalf.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

That's the one thing I have to shoot for here.

I have noticed there is a trend to star and flag certain people, and not the idea. It might just be paranoia on my part. Perhaps it's a new conspiracy, as old as civilization itself.

The star and flagging probably did have a snowball effect that was even more evident when they were so readily visible.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

There are definitely trends here on ATS. Unconscious psychological bias' that are obvious at times.

Just like when a thread get flags from the first few posts then they seem to trail of rapidly. Especially if somebody posts something negative about the OP, then people jump on the bandwagon.

Don't believe the hype.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I flagged this thread. Whats that tell ya?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
A thousand points of light. You expected to exile yourself for a few years and have nothing change, As if time just stopped at ATS and we were all supposed to freeze in position and wait for your second coming?
God complex! right here that's right, God complex Ya I said it ,want to hear it again ?God complex! That's you pal.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by randyvs]

This is about as close as I will ever come to being compared to Obama. As the second coming of Obama I demand all ATS points be shown to the public! Someone call Pelosi and make it happen!

There....that should do it!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

This should catch you up on some of the changes.

New colored tags to replace the mystery colored bar...

Also helpful in catching up would be the stickied threads in BB&Q.

Welcome back.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Cliques on ATS, never! LOL.

I liked it when the points a member had were visible.

There was a big debate a couple of months ago and I think that the site owners were pretty insistent that the current system is here to stay and there is no going back.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Hi seiko,
I was really taking the piss, but when I think about it its probably true (not in the sense of the "club of rome'), yet a club-culture none of the less.
When you get picked on by 'Moderators'; you can guess your not saying things that they, or the directives of the site are particularly comfortable with having on their boards.....I guess they call that "Keeping up appearances"!
But hey....Deny Ignorance

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

The first part of my post was about the rats.

The rest was just general observation. I'm glad you've kept your humour, never let that go my friend.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Well I think a sense of Humor is necessity on a site like this; anyways gotta go.....I think I just saw a Sasquatch walking his Chupacabra, out front of my house!
Youl'l see a thread on this soon.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

This is about as close as I will ever come to being compared to Obama. As the second coming of Obama I demand all ATS points be shown to the public! Someone call Pelosi and make it happen!

So let it be written
So let it be done.

You want flags with that?

[edit on 17-11-2009 by randyvs]

top topics

join