It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Is the Stage Being Set II

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Muaddib, I have seen Stories and reports of these from NEWS Sources. I have not personally seen The White House neither confirm or deny this in my travels. It may be out there, but I have not seen it.

"We were looking for symbols of economic might," he told his captors.
He specifically mentioned as potential targets the Library Tower in Los Angeles, which was "blown up" in the film "Independence Day," and the Sears Tower in Chicago.
A British newspaper over the weekend published a detailed account that it said was taken from transcripts of the interrogation of Mohammed, who was captured last year in Pakistan.
Washinton Times

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It for one says "that it said was taken from transcripts". I have not seen these transcripts, have you? It does not name the source of the claim, yet it does name sources of the AP, and London Sunday Times for others. Was it the Daily Mirror? I don't know. I see no credibility in there assertion.

Two they were potential targets claimed by someone who:

The transcripts are prefaced with a warning that Mohammed, the most senior al Qaeda member yet to be caught, "has been known to withhold information or deliberately mislead."

I have no doubt that these are likely targets. I can believe that there was suppose to be more to the 9-11 attacks than what happened. I think the grounding of ALL flights did more to thwart an attack. It would cause them to regroup and figure out another way

Remember nothing was in place until after 9-11. This is all Pre-911.

The officials, who work in law enforcement and intelligence, spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity. They said about two dozen arrests have been made across Europe of people suspected of being involved in the planning of those attacks.

The arrests have resulted from a global manhunt led by the FBI and aided by CIA intelligence that has produced dozens of raids and searches in the past two weeks.

Information about the overseas attacks emerged this summer, well before the Sept. 11 hijackings, when authorities captured an alleged associate of Osama bin Laden and he began cooperating, officials said.

The alleged associate, Djamel Begal, provided overseas authorities with information about possible targets and the names of others who might be involved, officials said.

A senior government official told the Associated Press that U.S. intelligence urged its European counterparts to begin rounding up suspects before Sept. 11.
St. Petersburg Times

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Again this started Pre-911, the posting of this article is St. Petersburg Times,published September 28, 2001 so this is very fresh information, 17 days later.

I still have not seen Geroge W. Bush comment or declare the His Policies and The Department of Homeland Security Have Stopped an attack on the US since 9-11. Again it may be somewhere, I have not been able to find anything. Not even on The White House Website.

I commend you on doing some research on this. The more people do, the quicker we may come to the Truth. I Hope you, or anyone else can add some more positve discussion and debate on this...

Trick

*Edited for missing Tag

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Im not sure "Truth" is what your interested in. Logic doesn't seem to work either.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I do remember hearing on the news about at least one more incident where it was reported that a terrorist attack was stopped. The man behind the possible attack is hispanic, I forgot his name, but I remember seeing something about it.

Look, if 9/11 had been stopped, we would only have the same type of proof that have been presented on possible attacks that have been stopped after 9/11. Exactly the same, pretty much just rumors from terrorists and such...

Why are people so quick to claim that pretty much the same kind of information that seems to have led us to stop other more recent terrorist attacks after 9/11 do not prove that an attack was imminent?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
Im not sure "Truth" is what your interested in. Logic doesn't seem to work either.

Nice Way to contribute
Keep up the good Work

Muaddib, I'm not arguing the fact that an attack was immenent. With Bush spending Billions and Billions of Dollars after 9-11, you would think he would be quick to jump on something regarding His Administration Thwarting an attack. This is what I have not seen. I have seen News reports, but nothing out of the horses mouth. According to various News sources, many attacks have been supposedly stopped. Most of this comes from overseas law enforcement.

This would just hold some weight of gold in his pocket for re-election. So why has he not "Claimed" anything? I still feel that we are greatly in trouble of another 9-11 scale of an attack.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Imo the administration is focusing on finding and stopping any terrorist acts, not so much on public relations at the moment. If Bush and the administration declared in public each and everyone one of these victories, people will also think that the administration is just focusing in public relations, on gaining more votes for the next election and not on the war on terror itself.

When people are shown one piece of evidence of WMD and weeks go by, then another evidence of wmd, and two weeks go by, people normally forget about the past evidence and only focus on the latest, even claiming that evidence is not enough to have gone to war, but they have forgotten the other clues and evidence that were given weeks or a month ago. When massive amounts of evidence are released at once, people will remember about these and they will be less likely to be seeing just as circumstancial.

The media is the medium that normally any administration releases this kind of information. But, when everything has been put together and every little piece has been tied, then the administration will make it public. This will always leave a lasting inpression on people than releasing little pieces of evidence slowly.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
.When people are shown one piece of evidence of WMD and weeks go by, then another evidence of wmd, and two weeks go back, people normally forget about the past evidence and only focus on the latest, even claiming that evidence is not enough to have gone to war, but they have forgotten the other clues and evidence that were given weeks or a month ago.

I can agree with your statement. The instance you used as far as WMD's, If I remember correctly, there were suppose to me Mad stockpiles, yet traces are here and there. But it is being used as a 'Guide' so to speak, that they will indeed find them. This is an instance where little by little can be something good, that is if it leads up to the amount they say he has.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Imo the administration is focusing on finding and stopping any terrorist acts, not so much on public relations at the moment.

I agree! Bush is taking the high road! He really doesn't care how it plays to the ultra-liberal clowns!!!!

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
why worry about exotic wmn regular stuff like in madrid will be used by these terrorists-just keep your eyes open for guys with napsacks who like like they are from the mid east.
I hear the mossad has activated all 25000 of their agents in the USA to help us thank god!

we will prevail amen jesus loves you go to church and pray to jesus to blow up the terrorists and return them to hell

top topics

<< 1   >>

join