It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil is not of fossil origin and is inexhaustible

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by StargateSG7

Thermodynamics drive hydrocarbons toward carbon and hydrogen. What pressures and temperatures exist in the regions that you refer to? We have not yet seen any abiotic oil as plant markers [phytol] are commonplace.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
www.gl.ciw.edu...
SUMMARY REPORT:

DEEP CARBON CYCLE WORKSHOP

MAY 15-17, 2008 – Carnegie Institution, Geophysical laboratory

Session I: The first breakout session on deep carbon reservoirs was chaired by Steve Haggerty (Florida International University). The surprising conclusion regarding key unanswered questions is that little is known about the nature and extent of deep carbon reservoirs. Uncertainties remain about the major carbon-bearing phases, the extent to which carbon may be incorporated as a trace element in nominally “a carbonaceous” minerals, the nature of C-O-H-N fluids in the mantle, the presence of organic molecules in deep reservoirs, and the nature and extent of deep microbial life. A realistic objective for the next decade, therefore, is an understanding of the nature of all possible deep carbon reservoirs as a function of temperature, pressure and compositions of both rocks and volatiles. It was emphasized that equally fundamental is an understanding of fluxes and mass balance among reservoirs (see session II). Longer-term goals include a fundamental understanding of modes of CO2 sequestration, determination of possible fluxes of a biotic organic species, and the search for high-pressure forms of “life” that are as yet unknown.

A massive amount of material to study in the coming weeks :
www.gl.ciw.edu...

Start with this MP4 presentation :
Keynote speech, by Ronald Cohen, Geophysical Laboratory :

"Carbon from Earth's surface to its core"

All the other Power Point and MP4 lectures and presentations are very interesting for anybody with a scientific background, and will be of great help for everyone genuinely interested in this subject.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
If you read correctly you'll see "Student of Life" ... meaning I learn from "LIFE (non-formal school)" more then I ever from any MS educated facilities... yes I've attended College, University and obtained my degree, but so what... every book I got preached on was over a decade old, it put me in debt with student loans, the grading only focuses on Left side of brain (Right side doesn't pay your bills and not encouraged in this society for majority), you are thought to "compete" rather then "teamwork", you are limited to what someone else thought about the world and got passed along for decades with simple modifications...

Whew!

I am just curious and please do not take offense. I have been following along and find myself enthralled in the discussion as both sides are very interesting. I can not help but find myself drawn toward these claims about education and such. After reading this post of yours I am compelled to ask if the, um, 'College' or 'University' you attended offered any courses in English?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

Interesting post. Some of the papers are only on i-something that I can't access. While all discuss possibilities, the discussion groups conclusions say [as they always do] that much more research is necessary.
So far, the oil that we have found has only been of biogenic origin but abiotic oil is possible. I have been casually watching the area of deep source methane since Thomas Gold's theory was proposed. At one point in the abiotic fad, even abiotic coal was invoked but the person so claiming it had absolutely no knowledge of coal petrography or chemistry. Deep source methane is much more likely than deep source oil, but this will be an interesting field to follow while the evidence is accumulated.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If anyone here wants to know the truth of this matter all you need to do is to research the US military practice of detonating nuclear weapons deep underground below the ocean in extremely remote parts of the world - like say in the region of the Arctic ocean.

And also the subject of the oil being a lubricant for the tectonic plates has been brought up here with some totally dismissing it. Don't, because that is precisely what the oil does. It lubricates the tectonic plates just like it does engines. And it prevents earthquakes from occurring. The less oil, the more earthquakes you will have and the stronger they will be.

Also it is interesting that some brought up the movie Soylent Green and were talking about the numbers of dead people killed by wars and dictators. Interesting that the same people were defending the official story of oil from Western academia and mainstream media. Let me explain it clearly to all those here that are not initiated in the black arts............

Those people are Masonic, they are deceivers and you need to automatically disregard whatever they write here and understand that the truth is basically the opposite of whatever they claim. Soylent Green is an Illuminati propaganda film about this very subject we are now talking about. If you will watch the film closely you will see.

BTW, the "educated masses" on this forum embarrass themselves quite often.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Red Cloak]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

What evidence is there of nuclear explosions in under the arctic oceans?
How do you propose that oil "lubricates" the tectonic plates to prevent earthquakes?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I remember something about this back in the 1970's, involving NASA
and geological survey maps of the Earth by satellite regarding
all the oil fields on the Earth.

You will find that most of the crude oil is extracted near trenches or where tectonic plates interact.

The reason I am lead to believe, is that we find oil and gas is nearer the earths surface in these areas and thus often cheaper to extract.

So you should be able to find more on this subject in NASA Archives as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Solenki

Mr geologist you might consider the fact that you have been lied to a lot of what we have been taught about this world is bs. Good thread I could never buy into that fossil fuel crap.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
And so ATS dies a little more.

Embrace ignorance, guys - stay classy.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
“Oil is not of fossil origin and is inexhaustible”

I figured this out way back in school. It is simple, there in not enough biomass to account for all the oil. If oil was from fossils and fossils alone we would have used it all up way before the first car was ever made. And that would have been if we could have found it seeing as there would have be so little of it. And why if oil only found it certain places? If it was from fossils there would be oil all over the planet in a thin layer. Now some oil may be from fossils but I think that over 99% of it is what is called abiotic oil. You can do a net search for the term. A lot of people are staring to see the fossil oil theory as just not working. I do believe that oil is being made all the time by the planet itself. But we may be using it faster than it is being made. And how about the hydrocarbons being found on other planets. I think that any solid planet with an active core makes oil. The moon does not have an active core but there still may be oil there from back when it did. There may be oil on Mars as well. In the end it may turn out there is more oil out there in space than water.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I had read this before and feel that it makes a lot of sense, but I also watched the movie called The Collapse with Mike Ruppert and he makes a lot of sense when he describes what the Saudis are doing. I agree that it's probably a continuous process of the Earth(not fossil fuel) but I still think that we may be using it faster than it can replenish itself, one day leading to peak oil.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join