It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN chief urges Israel to end Gaza blockade, evictions, alleged abuse of Palestinian children

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Bravo

At last some progress.

So what is stopping this from taking place.

I just spotted this piece on the BBC web site Obama and ME

For me its an accurate portrayal of recent events, and it tends to lay blame at the Israeli door, simply because it is only within Israels power to make these things happen.

To the outside world it appears as though Israel simply does not want to allow Palestine to exist, the settlements are the best example of this.

Everyone is asking Israel to make peace... but they refuse.

I agree with you that there needs to be an international peacekeeping force stood between the 2 factions for quite a long time.

Perhaps America could stop funding the IDF and instead pay for a special force to safeguard Israels borders, but not controled by Israel.

This would be funny if it were not so serious.

You applaud my seeing both sides need to be reigned in and right a way after that go back to your it's all on Israel.
It is not all on Israel, it is on "BOTH SIDES".

Perhaps if people realized it is an issue that both sides must address, and BOTH sides held responsible, then and only then will there be peace.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Israeli planes strike targets in Gaza

GAZA STRIP, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Israeli planes carried out air strikes against targets in the Gaza Strip on Sunday, injuring seven Palestinians, Palestinian medical workers said.

More at source:
www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

GAZA STRIP, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Israeli planes carried out air strikes against targets in the Gaza Strip on Sunday, injuring seven Palestinians, Palestinian medical workers said.

More at source:
www.reuters.com...

What the poster of this FAILS to mention is that was in response to rocket fire from Gaza.

If there are no attacks from terrorists then there will be no response.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yes that does say it all, but be careful as you are sounding like an ant-smite. I am sure they will be hear in force to let us all know we are anti-semitic.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Funny i was just reading this on the BBC site !!!

Hamas says it has agreed with other Palestinian militant groups in Gaza to stop firing rockets into Israel.

Source

So why would Israel strike Gaza knowing a ceasefire was on the cards

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

But there are some brave soldiers that are part of the IDF

JERUSALEM — Two Israeli soldiers were sentenced to 30 days in jail on Monday for refusing to take part in the evacuation of a wildcat Jewish settlement in the occupied West Bank, a military spokesman said.

The two soldiers of the Naschshon battalion held up a sign opposing the operation and "refused to follow orders" at the outpost near the Palestinian city of Hebron, he said.

Twenty-five Israeli reservists, including some officers, have signed a petition asking that they not have to take part in any evacuation of Jewish settlements

www.google.com...

These were not brave soldiers refusing to take part in the ongoing genocide of the Palestinians. These are soldiers who refuse to remove illegal Jewish settlers from Palestinian areas.

reply to post by itguysrule

I also noticed that your list of proposed actions lists only things to be done by Israel. Are the Palestinians required to do nothing? Maybe THEY ought to consider the following:

Stop launching rockets into Israel targeting innocent civilians
Stop promoting terror groups like Hamas
Stop blaming Israel and anyone else for all of their problems
Stop teaching their children to hate an kill Israelis
Start acting like civilized people and honor their agreements
Start taking action to control their own people
Start using all of the money sent to them to actually benefit their own people rather than allowing their so called leaders to divert it to personal foreign bank accounts.

These are perhaps the saddest posts I ever encounter. I literally tear up if I allow myself to dwell on the attitudes presented for to long. People who make this argument tell us that the Israeli propaganda is working (at least to some degree) and what moves me the most is the fact that I'm so powerless to stop it.

"rockets and terror groups"? How about resistance, how about the final desperation of a people who have been pushed to the brink

"stop blaming Israel"? Israel is the one oppressing them. Israel IS to blame.

"teaching children to hate Israelis"? Israel is the teacher here.

"take control of the people and honor agreements"? Don't you mean submit?

I won't bother addressing the aid you mention because Israel won't let the Palestinians have it.

I tend to stay away from these threads because they are so powerful, but sometimes I feel it is my duty to show my solidarity. Israel has not shown any willingness for resolution, and continues their perpetration of genocide day after day while the world pleads for peace.

I am sure that everyone, especially Israel supporters would agree that holocaust is a horrible thing. I would like those people to explain to me, the difference between the holocaust which was perpetrated on the Jews, and the holocaust being perpetrated by the Jews.

A Tale of Two Holocausts (a comparison in pictures)

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I feel vey badly for the misery.

If I had a secret remedy for the situation, I would tell the people to picture themselves as the enemy, and choose for it to end.

Peace will come-

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Originally posted by silent thunder

More at source:
www.reuters.com...

What the poster of this FAILS to mention is that was in response to rocket fire from Gaza.

That is a lie.

Here the Israeli Spokesman (Australian born!) Merk Regev, accepts that Hamas did NOT violate the Ceasefire

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Dispelling some myths about 1967 War (5-10 June 1967)
""While one third of Egypt's army was in Yemen and therefore unlikely to start a war, Israel claimed to a believing world that the Arabs attacked Israel and that Israel was in danger of annihilation. Both claims were false. Israeli Air Force General Ezer Weizman declared that "there was never any danger of extermination".""
""On the Syrian-Israeli border, Israel was engaging in threats and provocations. One such incident on 7 April 1967 in a major aerial engagement between Israeli and Syrian planes. Six Syrian planes were shot down. In an interview in May 1967, Yitzhak Rabin threatened to overthrow the Syrian regime. Prime Minister Levi Eshkol reportedly said that Israel "may have to teach Syria a sharper lesson than that of 7 April." [3] On May 14, Soviet and Egyptian intelligence reported a massing of Israeli troops on the Syrian borders. [4]""

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
One of the things I learned from the BBC link I gave above was that Yitzhak Rabin was asassinated following his efforts for peace. I didn't know about this, but a right wing Israeli student was jailed for his murder, saying that he feared that Rabin was taking Israel down a dangerous path. (although there are conspiracy theories about what really happened)

It kind of sums up for me the dilema faced by Israel. The same article mentions that Netanyahu might move for peace with Palestinians in preparation for war with Iran.

I get the feeling that Netanyahu would seek peace but is afraid of the same fate as Rabin. He is caught between a rock and hard place.

I think the Jewish people are living in fear. I think they would like peace but are too afraid to move towards it.

The hard liners are calling the shots, and the moderates are too afraid to question them.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I did a search on Rabin on ATS and turned up this thread

Olmert

Its about the last PM of Israel and how corrupt he is. This is the guy who bombed Gazza. Even his wife didn't agree with it.

What is it with Jews and money ... seems they are prepared to do anything to get their hands on it ... Bernie Madeoff another example.

Am still looking for a thread about the conspiracy surrounding the Rabin assassination.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by phoneyid

Sorry to prove you wrong but...

JERUSALEM — A Palestinian rocket was fired Saturday from the Gaza Strip into Israel without causing casualties or damage, the Israeli military said.

Israel's military says more than 270 rockets and mortar shells have been fired into the Jewish state since the end in January its war on militants in the Palestinian territory controlled by the Islamist movement Hamas.

Google News

So the facts are the Hamas terrorists fired another rocket into Israel.

Then the terrorists in Gaza received the response from their rocket attack.

Typical pali-wwod production.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

I think thats a very ignorant view of the situation. How was israel formed, it was formed on terrorism. How do you know the reasons for the missiles, we have no idea who fired what.

I am not taking sides here, as there will be people jumping all over this thread, trying to pretend that people who cannot feed themselves are somehow, destroying a country.

It is just useless these threads, as we know what they turn into. The hardliners on both sides, should be held accountable for why there is never peace.

I cannot believe that europe, who has had thousands of years of wars, is brought to peace, while israel and the arabs cannot see peace anywhere in there hearts.

Tell me how, the ptb fix europe, and cannot fix the israel situation?

People supporting israel, tell me how come europe after thousands of years of wars, is in peace, but people say that thousands of years of wars cannot be stopped in the middle east.

Can people supporting israel, give me an answer on why middle east people are any different than europeans who have hated each other. There is none, except for the answer that the ptb do not want peace, and they want it to continue.

I am not taking sides here.

[edit on 11/22/2009 by andy1033]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join