It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a pat on the back ATS, this is what it's all about!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey everyone! I just wanted to bring something to your attention, just in case you were disillusioned with ATS, or were wondering why you and I come back time and time again, or what makes this the kick assiest conspiracy site!

Check out his awesome thread by asen_y2k which I'm certain you're all aware of (if you're not hang your head in shame!)

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

posted on 30-10-2009 @ 04:44 PM

And from today!

'We...found their lungs are as black as charcoal."

Quoting an article from 10: 41 PM on 15th November 2009

NOW PLEASE GO TO THOSE THREADS IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS THOSE TOPICS

What I want to discuss is the 16 days that went by before the situation in the Ukraine made it into the UK MSM!

ATS called it, asen_y2k was there before anyone else, I reckon that deserves a pat on the back, for all of us, for being part of ATS.

That's what it's all about!! Hm would have been nicer if it wasn't on on a subject that may be the end of us! But for as long as we have, lets pat ourselves on the back and keep it going!

I think we ought to be proud to be members of this site. And it's threads like that, and many many others that will continue to set the benchmark for conspiracy theorists.

Well, that's what I reckon anyway!

[edit on 16-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yes I think the Ukrain OP and many others need applause..

They got it already, I'm sure......

But for the topic on hand.... ATS rocks! My family thinks I'm some kind of proffit/guru and come to me for current events and predictions.
I have been able to tell them what will be in the MSM with a 2 day notice "generally", for some time now with amazing "to them" accuracy.

I let the cat out of the bag and sent/invited them all here "to ATS" and they ...for the most part, was not able to adjust and stick around long enough to understand the way things work on ATS..

But anyways just pinging this OP........

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
ATS is great, no doubt. We often get the scoop.

But instead of patting ourselves on the back, we should be pointing the finger at the MSM. Asking why it is they fail to highlight such stories.

These are prime examples of MSM ignoring certain important topics, lets expose them for what they are.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I just wonder if the press come here instead of the ap for news stories, lol.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I cannot live without this site
I go nuts every time its down
,I read my news here first.And sometimes the stuff I read here,only comes on tv after a day or two. at least here in Norway,so when I tell my folks about what I read, and AFTER they hear it ,they say how did you know that?, and now they are starting to ask me if I know whats happening out there

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yeah, i stumbled across this site while searching for stuff on a wide range of subjects. I decided to stick around because ATS has pretty much replaced the MSM in my book. Sure, some of the things on here must be taken with a grain of salt, but if you know how to sort through all of it, it is an awesome site, and an even better tool. Hell even the stuff that isn't really... accurate can be very entertaining.

Thanks, to all of you here on ATS! And double thanks to the guy that made this site!

p.s. Just found out today that Carl Sagan apparently smoked pot, and I think that is freakin awesome XD

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
ATS is great, no doubt. We often get the scoop.

But instead of patting ourselves on the back, we should be pointing the finger at the MSM. Asking why it is they fail to highlight such stories.

These are prime examples of MSM ignoring certain important topics, lets expose them for what they are.

Peace.

As always mate, you have a knack for looking at it from another angle, opening up another avenue for discussion, much appreciated!

I think one of the reasons is the MSM is a tool used to control the masses, and many situations have to be covered in a way that will advance whatever is the agenda of THPB. I guess it takes time to figure out what if anything can be gained from the events going on in the world, although they should actually be reporting it first, as they are the ones pulling the strings!

All the best, Kiwifoot!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
ATS Can't Recognise a NEWS/TRUTH IF it's posted write in front of it on its newsboards.

THIS

THIS

THIS

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Maybe friend, it could be the way you present your information, the way you come across.

I have no doubt you believe in what you have to say, but if it isn't backed up with proof, it is hard for ATS to accept it as fact.

I hope you don't take that the wrong way.

I find a lot of my more personal threads aren't popular either, I have some wacky ideas, often controversial too, but you have to stick up for what you believe in, be flexible and open to learn, take advice, criticism, and hopefully get better.

That's the plan anyway, I'm definitely still a work in progress.

I hope you keep posting, and are able to present what you think is the truth in a way that gets people to agree with you!

[edit on 16-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I fully agree, i have all but given up normal media, anything happens anywhere i check here first.
There is a huge pool of trouth seekers, and if its news and ligit, they will flush it out.
One of the best sites on the net, and the first site i go to for information.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is a site of Genius.
It honors it's creators.
ATS ROCKS!!

ATS Can't Recognise a NEWS/TRUTH IF it's posted write in front of it on its newsboards.

Really !!
Ok back to the high fives!

[edit on 16-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I've been a member for a year and my friends and family aske me quite often"How did you know that was going to happen?"

Of course ATS immediately gets the kooks, loons and tinfoil hats comments but they still look at me and ask that question.

"How did you know that was going to happen?"

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I've been a little harsh on ATS lately, but i wanna take this opportunity to say it's here for good reason.

Thanks to the OP and everyone else

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

reply to post by badgerprints

So you have them thinking you're a psychic Badger? IDK Better be careful. This could lead to all kinds of mishaps, mischif and mayhem.

high five Badger

Good point Mr.lizard
thanks to the OP
SnF
Well I would have starred you OP.
Remind me to star you twice in the next thread. kewl.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

We can "lol", but I'll tell you, I've wondered the same thing myself. Sometimes it's days before I see something on the news I've read here.

.....It does make one wonder. And you know the New York Times linked the "Onion cure" thread to their site. Pretty cool.

Edit to add: Oh, I think the Onion Cure author is here. Congrats on that thread!

[edit on 11/16/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

reply to post by badgerprints

So you have them thinking you're a psychic Badger? IDK Better be careful. This could lead to all kinds of mishaps, mischif and mayhem.

high five Badger

Good point Mr.lizard
thanks to the OP
SnF
Well I would have starred you OP.
Remind me to star you twice in the next thread. kewl.

haha don't worry about the stars mate!

It's a pleasure to know some folk agree with me!

Even Mr lizard, I respect him for his post!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is exactly why ATS is the number one conspiracy site in the WORLD, has been for sometime and will be forever IMHO.

Congrats to the two threads authors and thanks be to ATS.

top topics

join