It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States and China Heading to War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
United States and China Heading to War?
Is the United States trying to keep the value of the dollar low, so it can prevent China from taking over our country economically?

US Health Care Bill a Concern for the Chinese
www.cnbc.com...

Over the weekend, China's chief banking regulator sharply criticized the US Federal Reserve and the monetary policy of the United States. Liu Mingkan said that the U.S. Federal Reserve's promise to keep U.S. interest rates at extraordinarily low levels for an extended period "has already led to a massive U.S. dollar carry trade and massive speculation."

Washington Not Trying to Contain China: Obama
www.cnbc.com...

U.S. President Barack Obama said on Monday that Washington was not trying to contain China's rise but said trade between the two giants needed to be more balanced.

"We do not seek to contain China's rise," Obama said before taking questions from the audience as well as from Chinese over the Internet.

"We do not seek to impose any system of government on any other nation but we also don't believe the principals we stand for are unique to our nation."

Is China trying to keep their currency lower than the dollar, so they can take over the bloody world?

Is the United States government trying to break all economies, so that the we can prevent China from buying us out?

(See my signature as well)

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Well, I think the US Government or Federal Reserve rather has been trading away the lives of american citizens for quite some time.

We are trillions of dollars in debt.

Thank your congressmen and women.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Here is some more wood for the fire:
Is China a global partner or strategic rival of U.S.?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The FED made this mess that America is in along with the too big to fail. There's no way anybody should fall for a distraction such as Washington claiming they're messing the US economy only to keep the US.. the US and not part of China. The world elites are trying to pull all their last remaining strings. I'm not buying that, thats BS.

How does making the economy worse prevent China from buying up America.. it would be the opposite! If America was not run by a banking cartel, there would be no crashed economy, the dollar would be backed by something other than debt, there would be less wars, a stable and confident economy with no risk in sight of keeping an eye on hungry China drooling over American scraps. America would be as America once was, free and totally independant!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Let me try to explain what I am understand here OP...

You believe by keeping the dollar at a low level, that China would have much less power in comparison to if the dollar was worth much more?

I truly wonder what the U.S plans to do with China...the debt is outrageous.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I'm thinking yes. They are analogous to shareholders. When the dollar tanks, their assets shrink.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Very interesting theory here guys! I'm gonna sit back, relax, have a smoke, and see where this thread goes.

Omni

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
All I know is that I am starting to see less incentive to do business or invest in the U.S. I used to buy some t-notes and bonds each year, but have grown weary of that game. I suspect that is the same with China. They sit there holding a big bag of U.S. debt that is not giving them great security or return. Compound that with the U.S. buying less of their junk. They must be having a panic attack. I doubt there is going to be a war between the U.S. and China. What you should keep your eye on is greater cooperation between the Asian countries and maybe an Asian Union. I waiting to jump on that train. Obama tried to sell us in on the rising Asian scene by calling us a Pacific Country, but I saw a lot of laughing going on over here at that idea. What the U.S. needs to worry about is that Asia's future does not include it.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I’m sure you meaning Financial Trade war! Because I was not sure how you would be getting to a “real war” over this?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I wonder if this is a game of chicken. As both countries try to drive down their currency, they are trying to see who will flinch first. While all this is killing the economy, the average citizen of both countries have to suffer.

I know we practically obliterated our industrial sector, which is vital to our overall well-being and independence. As a result of the United States moving into the service sector, the industries have moved out to China.

Hmmm... This does seem to be getting a little messy.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Keeping the Dollar down means we can export more to other countries, as our prices are cheaper across the exchange rate than a strong currency. Which also means importers don’t make as much in value as they would like, because $10.00 a few years ago is really only $6 to them now.

It’s a great strategy, we should keep it up. We have for way too long believed in “free trade” well almost. That’s bad news for our home based Manufactures as we cannot compete with labor costs from other countries not to mention all the other hidden support costs these countries have on offer for their businesses to export.

When these countries one day match our average wage –call it $10.00 an hour. Then we can talk business. Other than That screw-em!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

This is a complete and utter fallacy. A cheap dollar is great for the small businesses that export to other countries. But a cheap dollar is TERRIBLE for the average middle class American. I'm all for supporting small businesses but not at the expense of the middle class. It's the big corporations that keep the middle class employed unfortunately who will be laying people off as the dollar cuts into their bottom line. The price of food, gas, etc. goes up when the dollar declines. Middle class Americans rely on cheap food and gas more than anyone.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
We don't go to war with anyone that has "The Bomb". We were set up for failure by our own government, it's not China's fault. We've peaked as an economic superpower. It's China's and India's game now.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There will be no war, they will assume "acreage" in their own neighborhood and we will HAVE TO sit idly by and do nothing.
The focus may be "them" but watch the other hand,
Turkey, Afganistan, and Turkmenistan. (theater one)
Israel, Iran, Pakistan (theater two)
IF this makes it to the holiday season without popping like a sick pimple I'll be very surprised.
My gut.......SHTF...within weeks.

spell

[edit on 16-11-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bac9b973579.jpg[/atsimg]

It seems to be on many minds these days. I don't see this happening. The two countries rely to heavily on each other.
How Obama Can Shape Asia's Rise

CHUNG MIN LEE

Twenty years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, President Barack Obama's Asia tour will conclude this week with a visit to South Korea—the world's last Cold War frontier. Even as he ponders critical next steps in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran, the president in Asia faces a region on the cusp of fundamental change. More so than any of Mr. Obama's predecessors, how his administration chooses to help shape Asia's rise throughout the first quarter of the 21st century is going to have a critical impact on America's own future as a superpower.

For the first time in world history, three major regions—North America, continental Europe and East Asia—are sharing the world stage. This is possible in no small part because the U.S. engineered the post-World War II pacification and reconstruction of Germany and Japan. Indeed, the eventual formation of the European Union and Asia's rise over the past half century would have been impossible without two critical ingredients: America's security umbrella and the opening of its markets to European and Asian goods.

Having created this tripolar world, the U.S. and especially President Obama now need to focus on three core issues to shape the world for the next half century.

70 percent of Americans see China as economic threat: poll

WASHINGTON — A clear majority of Americans see China as an economic threat, a poll showed Monday, as Barack Obama sought to bolster relations on his first trip to Beijing and Shanghai as president.

More than 70 percent of those questioned in the CNN poll said they considered the Asian giant to be an economic threat, while only 28 percent disagreed with the notion.

Two-thirds of those surveyed said they saw China as a source of unfair competition for American companies, while only a quarter viewed China positively as a huge potential market for US goods.

"That may be why 71 percent of Americans consider China an economic threat to the US," said CNN polling director Keating Holland. "Americans tend to view foreign countries as competition, and China is no exception."

Obama seeking China's co-operation

"These are the only two countries in the world that are truly globally engaged, but they are not doing things together," he says.

Encouraging it to be more active on the global stage, in concert with America, is a strategy to nudge China towards being a responsible great power.

But Chinese leaders themselves, getting used to their new status in the world, are cautious.

"China is terribly conflicted internally about what kind of role it should have in the world," Mr Shambaugh says.

top topics

join