It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails and general direction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This may not mean anything... maybe its a key piece to a researcher... But here in the Southwestern USA Contrails are always aligned east/west...(Roughly)
In fact I don't recall ever seeing a crossing line (+) in the sky??? Now maybe its just where I live and like I said maybe it means nothing... who knows maybe it means everything to someone else...

So where you live... do your Contrails always have a general direction? if so maybe someone should start a map?

Edit to add... I have never seen a Contrail aligned North/South

[edit on 16-11-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
When i think about it, when I look up at the sky I see them going from east to west. Never do I see them coming from north to south.

Just thought I would let ya know...yup it could be important to someone

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Around here SW MO.
I am near a military landing strip and an international AP
and many times I have criss/cross trails I think most is staging, but some are very high, and most likely traveling north south from MI>>TX
or Chicago>TX
But the majority is east/west but not all in my area.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Here's a video with trails crossing.

Not sure if this helps or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Uh guys.. that's called exhaust from a plane or jet.

How could you think they are anything else, when a Jet flies through the air it leaves an exhaust trail, it's gasoline and oil CO2 emissions. Just like a car.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by SatanChrist]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SatanChrist

Yes thats what a contrail is......

No one has yet to mention chemtrails...............oops I did it now

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Why exactly would you be talking about contrails then? What's the point?

We all know what it is, what's so mysterious about it? Why is it posted in the Gray Area? You guys make no sense. I bet you could go on for hours about a drop a water, and connect it to aliens.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Maybe to tell direction, if your out and about on foot?

Dunno really I just chimed in and read the post, and gave my input.
Based on the OP, or is that not what we do here?

I think it has a little to do with being aware of your surroundings and the things that happen in them.

The water droplet and aliens is in my other post

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I was just simply stating my point too. That is all. He was just simply asking about the chemtrails in everyones areas.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Like I said maybe it means nothing... I assumed that here the strong prevailing winds prevent their formation north/south??? I don't know but someone else might find that info useful.... this is the kind of group that takes small facts like this and finds connections

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Where I live it is a small valley surrounded on the eastern and western sides by mountain ranges. All contrails here go North-South, running parallel with the mountain ranges and never East-West.

Although then again, all major flights heading out of our International Airport fly either South to SFO/LAX or North to PDX/SEA-TAC. There is nowhere West to fly and all flights East go through a connection at SFO/LAX/PDX/SEA-TAC.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Like I said maybe it means nothing... I assumed that here the strong prevailing winds prevent their formation north/south??? I don't know but someone else might find that info useful.... this is the kind of group that takes small facts like this and finds connections

Not really

The prevailing winds will often spread or move contrails from east to west....but they may be aligned from north to south. Generally a few contrails will head from north to south because of a curve in the jetstream.

If you like I will post up some weather data to show you the directions of the upper level winds

new topics

top topics

join