It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

River Listara in Columbia suddenly disappears... (english story added..)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I initially found this story on one of the two main tv networks in Denmark.
Later I found it on a Austrian network too. I don't know why the articles are so small and why it isn't getting more attention.

TV2 Denmark:
nyhederne.tv2.dk...

Vienna.at
www.vienna.at...

Earthtimes.org (english story)
www.earthtimes.org...

Translation of Danish story:

They are deeply astounded in the city San Andrés, which lies 800 meters from the river Listara. "It is as swallowed up by the earth", the city's mayor says to a Columbian radiostation.

Apparently it is movements in Earths surface that has made the whole mountain river disappear through a fault in the earth.

Experts in the capital, Bogota, 400 km from the area are now going to examine how it happend. They are also to find out wether there is any danger to the city San Andrés.

Amazing non the less, if it's true. I hope we have some members who know off Columbian news networks that might shed any light on it or if any MSM has picked up on it and made a decent story about it.

[edit on 16/11/09 by flice]

[edit on 16/11/09 by flice]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here's the original story from the Colombian radiostation RCN.

The page is in portugese/spanish (dunno which one), at the top there are two links to sound files, which I assume is the dialog with the mayor and the station:

www.rcn.com.co...

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have a friend from Columbia. I am sending him a link now. Will report back if I get any news!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
S & F

Never heard of this happening before - though the details seem a bit sketchy. The region has experienced drought of late (neighbouring Ecuador and Venezuela both suffering power shortages dues to a lack of water for hydro schemes).

It would be good to know the geology of the region and size of the river. But sounds facsinating

join