It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Really Ruining the Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
In Revelation (ch. 11) "god" states that he will "bring to ruin those who are ruining the earth".

People have very differing opinions as to who and what is ruining the earth.

We all agree that factories that pollute the air, land, and water are ruining the earth. But what about the people who demand and use the things these factories produce? Many would not have jobs if the cement factories had to close. Closing of nuclear power plants would mean that many folks would not have electricity in their homes.

The common masses depend on these polluters for their comforts and their livlihood. So who is at fault here?

Would so many of these factories even be necessary if there were less people to provide for?

The common masses fault the leaders and the corporations for all of the problems. Perhaps the other side faults the common masses as being the problem.

I saw a woman stop at a red light and set out a bag of garbage in the middle of the road recently...on a large public highway. I cannot imagine that kind of behavior coming from an elite class of people. Perhaps "the people of Wal-mart" have come to represent the greater of the masses.

It has been said that when an age causes the demise of asthetics and beauty that it is time for the cleansing of Kaliyuga.

Are we headed for a class war where each group blames the other for ruination?

What happens if the "people of Wal-Mart" win? What kind of future could we expect?

So who is really causing the ruination....the polluting industries, and the leaders who are being bribed for selfish agendas of domination....or the masses of people who need and support these industries and agendas?

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
if wal-mart wins we'll all be used for Soylent Green products. It's cheap, resources abundant... and hey! it tastes good!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I guess to break it down to "whom" out of all the life on the planet,
it would obviously be the humans in their current un-natural state.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Who is Really Ruining the Earth?

ahh ya silly billy . ITS ME!

seriously...personaly, i dont think anyone actualy runs earth... if their is 1 person thats the boss, its probably someone we will never have ever heard or who belongs to a very old family noone has ever heard of...that , or an alian!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

So rather than finger pointing at any certain group of people, you are saying all humans?

Wouldn't this lead to a pantheistic view that animals and plants are then more important than humans as they retain their "natural "state?

What would be humans in a "natural" state? Sleeping in trees and braving the weather? Eating only raw foods because cooking requires destroying trees for firewood and charcoal and causes smoke pollution?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Haha. I believe you mis-read the topic title. It's not who is 'running' earth (that's what I read at first too) but it's who's ruining (as in, destroying) earth.

and yes I don't believe we can really point the finger at any one group of people and say 'YOU! CUT IT OUT!' but it really is every one of our faults. We are indeed un-natural (for whatever reason you believe XD)... look around you and what do you see that has been preserved in its natural state? Roads and houses have infiltrated the top surface, basements, underground labs have infiltrated the subsurface, chemtrails, airplanes, large apartment complexes, skyscrapers infiltrate the lower part of the atmosphere, weather balloons, rockets, satellites have infiltrated the higher parts of our atmosphere... we have literally taken every chance we could muster within ourselves 'for the sake of science, comfort and industry' to take over as much space as we possibly can.

sure we've learned a lot because of it, but what use is knowledge when you're a miserable species, collectively?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

So rather than finger pointing at any certain group of people, you are saying all humans?

Wouldn't this lead to a pantheistic view that animals and plants are then more important than humans as they retain their "natural "state?

What would be humans in a "natural" state? Sleeping in trees and braving the weather? Eating only raw foods because cooking requires destroying trees for firewood and charcoal and causes smoke pollution?

Your question is WHO is ruining the earth, correct?
I am not being general I'm being exact.
Out of all the species on this planet the human species in its current un natural state IS ruining earth.
IF there is a follow up or addendum to this question I dont now what it is,
are you also asking for some other specific to be addressed?

Fire, is a part of nature, lightning causes fires all the time.
I dont believe we would be living in trees should we abandon the "current" state of society.
Cooking does do some damage to certain foods.

new topics

top topics

join