It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Martian City (With Full Central Heating)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Here's a link that describes what you're discussing:

www.skiesare.demon.co.uk...

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands
"The city-like pattern is 60 kilometers wide and could be easily be mistaken for an aerial view of Los Angeles" ... which was provided by "Dr. John Becklake of England's Science Museum".

Since when was there an "English Science Museum"? I've never heard of such a place.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Mariner 9 - get some pics that dont have 5km per pixel resolution

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
well heck.......I wasnt BUYING into the Mars City when I still HAD working links to pics..............
BUT... I still thought it would be fun to get the pics up on THIS site and let the 'profesional debunkers' chew it up and spew it out!

Where DOES one go to school to become a 'profesional debunker' anyhow???
can we just buy a diploma online somewhere?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Debunking: it's more a vocation than a profession - a vocation being defined by me as a job you do for a fraction of the salary you should receive, while everyone around you hates you.

Have we found a story which no-one will defend?

Vanguard, the pic we're looking for (the IR shot of the "city") wasn't taken by Mariner 9, but by Phobos 2 - although I doubt their equipment was any better!

And thanks for the link, Trevor, I hadn't found that one. It just seems to repeat the same claims made on the Cosmic Conspiracies site, but with new improved extra added random conclusions - a tasty treat for all the family!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling...Since when was there an "English Science Museum"? I've never heard of such a place.

Hi Nerdling!!

Well, it's a bit of a misnomer but there *is* a Science Museum here which is located in London (a very good one too - I've visited several times).

Hope that helps?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
That was a 2-minute google search for 'phobos 2'. I'm sure I've seen this picture somewhere - probably Hoagland picked it up - he likes such images.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Incidentally, there is a science museum in London, it's fairly well known over here, a huge place popular with school parties.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Well, a search for 'phobos 2 images' turned up this:

www.marsnews.com...

I guess this is the one you're looking for.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Thanks, Trevor! I think these are, indeed, the long-sought-after pics. Who'd have thought that dear domestic Channel 4 would know anything about them?

Hmmmmmmmmm... *long contemplative pause*

Sorry. First thought, best thought. Based on the quality of the pictures, it's impossible to judge what they "lines" may or may not be. I'll be hitting that debunk button now.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Where DOES one go to school to become a 'profesional debunker' anyhow???
can we just buy a diploma online somewhere?

JREF boards are a good starting place. Heck, so is THIS place.

There's a list of science resources that I put up on the Science and technology forum -- always a good place to start and see what the Official Story is. Then work your way around from there. If you don't understand the math, get it explained (being a debunker is a REAL education, let me tell you!)

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Recently I happened to do an Internet seach on Google and found a link to this site and this thread referencing a post now some years ago.

The post I refer to is by theRiverGoddess and is here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am the person and scientist who theRiverGoddess was looking for then. Curiously i am also mentioned in the Richard Hoagland "Enterprise Mission" site tRG references at the link enterprisemission.com/warming

Anyway, I thought I'd just drop in and say "hello".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join