It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's American Morning. Constitutionalists: Patriots or Extremists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I just saw a plug on CNN for this morning's American Morning (airs in roughly 25 mins). They are apparently doing a segment on constitutionalists entitled "Patriots or Extremists", or something to that effect. Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, just wanted let everyone know.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
intresting, being cnn im sure they will passive agressivly lean towards terrorists, but i dont know why a group of people set to protect the constitutions are terrorists. i would i find those who are either complacent or trying to change our constitution to fit into the terrorist catagoy a bit more

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It does not surprise me that CNN would be against constitutionalists. They have always been for the agenda of the erosion of our civil rights and our civil liberties. Before in Bush it was a cool thing to stand up for your civil rights... now you're just a reactionary if you do it.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well after watching it I should clarify that the segment was called "Militias: Patriots or Extremists", not what I said in the OP. It was a story about the growing militia movement in the US, with emphasis on how many new members have been joining militias in recent months.

The tone was civil and wasn't what you would probably expect, in my opinion. There will be a follow up to the segment tomorrow (I believe) where America will be introduced to a militia-man and his family, and learn what their fundamental concerns are.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Just remember that extremists will seize any opening to further there agenda . This is something that a lot of people fail to learn from history . Take the National Front for example here in Christchurch are taking to the street under the guise of vigilante patrols in the face of rising crime rates . Another example is how the Nazis took advantage of high unemployment in Depression era Germany .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I didn't see the report however, the last time there was a militia movement along came Timothy McViegh and it ended abruptly. I expect another.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I saw the segment and it was full of propaganda. It was typical CNN BS... against guns, against militias, saying militias are basically white trash racists... and their only motivation was that they hated Obama...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It's a shame: MSM tries to make militias out to be crazed redneck extremist gun-freaks (and some are), but then militiamen go and open their mouths about their belief systems and wind up further cementing the stereotype! I have a fond respect for those that stand up for our Constitutional rights, whether they be in a militia or not, but they really need a PR guy for some of these groups
!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
My prediction:
The entire show will be designed to paint conservatives....calling them constitutionalists....as extremists and terrorists. The point: to get healthcare passed.

In order for people not to wonder why Republicans are opposed to healthcare reform, the administration has to paint them all as nutjobs hoping nobody will then bother to read the more than 1990 pages that contain extremely questionable sections/rules/exceptions, etc.

The more of society that Obama can discredit, the better chance he has of getting everything he wants passed without question or objection. It will get to the point (frankly, I think it's already more than halfway done) where people will be aprehensive of even saying that they are opposed to one of his initiatives...for fear of being viewed or seen as "one of those".

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I tend to think they are extremists

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cwt8466

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading the post before this one. I believe militias are necessary as the government continues to try to encroach on my life and try to limit my rights. My problem is that the mainstream America gets their information from documentaries showing a tubby WASP with a beer can in one hand and a Glock in the other saying; "the gub'ment ain't gonna be around much longer". If I were viewing this I would ask myself which one of these guys will be the Secretary of State, President, Atty General, Sec / Trans, etc.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beard

the british said the same thing about our founding fathers.

new topics

top topics

join