It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Columbia Professor Punches White Colleague: Dr. Boyce Analyzes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Black Columbia Professor Punches White Colleague: Dr. Boyce Analyzes

www.bvblackspin.com

When I heard that black Columbia University professor Lionel McIntyre punched out a white university employee, I was obviously taken aback. I was even more intrigued by the fact that the two were having a heated conversation about white privilege when the alleged punch took place. Given that the fight was in a bar, I immediately thought about the Jamie Foxx excuse: "blame it on the alcohol." ... Call me crazy, but I understand how Lionel McIntyre felt.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
yourblackscholar.blogspot.com
www.nypost.com

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The original news story from the NY Post is linked, as well as the source that was cited in the article I posted. What I want to discuss is the original article that I linked this story.

The story appears in the Black Voices section of AOL and is written by Dr. Boyce Watkins who is a professor at Syracuse University.

When I first read the article, I really didn't think much about the situation that was being covered. Then after reading the original story from The Post, I found out that "the white employee" as Boyce refers, is actually a WOMAN. He doesn't mention Camille Davis until the end of his article, after stating all of his beliefs and ideas. Even when her name is mentioned, nothing is said about her being a woman. She is merely refered to as "(his victim)", but notice that he mentions "the black Columbia University professor Lionel McIntyre" in his opening line. His intentions are to present this with a black vs. white attitude, and attempting to sway the readers into a pro-black mentality right from the start. "Black Columbia University professor Lionel McIntyre punched out a white university employee.. No mention of the white employees name, position at the university, or her GENDER.

His entire article is a huge pile of steaming contradiction. He says that he doesn't approve of McIntyre's actions, but then says that he can understand and relate to them as well. Even stating that he himself has felt like doing the same thing.

He insists on drumming up the white racism angle on topics that have no bearing on the incident at hand. Instead of focusing his article on the fact that a black man punched a white woman in the face, knocking her out; he blames it on the woman and "white academia" even calling them "racial roaches". In fact, this story should not even be about a black man and a white woman. It should have been about a MAN punching a WOMAN in the face.

I find it very disgusting that a professor at Syracuse, or ANY college for that matter, supports the violent behaviour of this man just because he is black and then has the indecency to blame it on the woman and other white people.

If this had been a white male professor that knocked out a black female colleague, then all hell would have broken loose and would have ended with the white man being charged with a hate crime, he would have lost his job, and the woman would have filed a law suit. There would not have been a single person in the white college professional community that would have stood up in his defense and blamed the incident on the woman.

This is extremely disturbing and should be addressed by Columbia University without prejudice. I also think that Syracuse needs to take some form of action against Dr. Boyce Watkins for taking such an ignorant stance on this matter.

www.bvblackspin.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
To be honest, I don't think it matters all that much whether the victim was a woman or a man. Throwing a punch for any reason short of defending yourself is out of line. This guy's supposed to be a professor, not a thug.

I'm thinking this wasn't so much a racial issue, or even a gender issue. It sounds like someone got drunk and lost it.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have to agree with you DP, the entire article was so full of contradictions and unrelated nonsense that I got the impression he was trying to excuse the perpetrator of the violence. I also agree he should lose his job and face assault charges at a minimum. So this is the state of race relations in America today? I don't think "i have a dream" meant the freedom to randomly punch women in the face without consequence.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

Good...thats the sort of stuff I like to hear.
Maybe we should give them AK47's?
There'd maybe be 2 less NWO academics out there spreading dis-information.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Be accurate, it was not just a punch but a sucker punch. Something in my opinion only a coward would do. And why is not a hate crime?

"It was a real sucker punch," Dalton said. "Camille's a great lady, always nice to everybody, and doesn't deserve anything like this."

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I guess her "White Privilege" didn't help her to avoid the sucker punch.

I've argued before on this site that "White Privilege" is an academic construct to explain different outcomes when different groups (ie white vs black) are compared.

You can match the groups by age and gender, family income etc. but even with matched groups, you have have different outcomes say in education or grades.

Academics invented the "White Privilege" to explain this difference in outcomes.

I think that it doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I guess her "White Privilege" didn't help her to avoid the sucker punch.

I guess punching out a woman is now a heroic act?

[edit on 16-11-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Don't worry, you won't see a "Beer Summit" or even a mention of this on MSM. Someone MAY kinda make a small blurb of this on CNN...but I really doubt it. It's not a traditional racist event, it doesn't include celebrities or politicians, so what's to report about?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm still digging around trying to some follow up information on this.

Martin Luther King Jr. would be the first black professional to stand up and reprimand McIntyre for his actions. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Jesse Jackson and 'Reverand' Al "I have a scheme" Sharpton were to come forward in support of this man actions and try to force the blame onto white amaerica, Mrs. Davis especially.

It's a sad state of affairs when the people who claim to be carrying on the ideas of MLK turn around and piss on his legacy for their own personal goals.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
To those who know, there's nothing unusual here.

Just look around and be honest in your assessments.

new topics

top topics

join