It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I first heard about Jesus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

Hi there ..
The problems I have with Badmedia are his pride ..the fact that he thinks he is god ....he completely disregards the fact that Christ died for us ...he blasphemes Jesus and the Apostles (especially Paul) .....and he has total disrespect for the word of God (THE BIBLE) and those who follow the teachings of the bible .

I do agree with him on the fact that some *actually many ...have used and abused the words of Christ .and have used the christian faith as a way to control others and decieve ..Scripture itself says that this is so ..and in the end we all know THEY WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE >..and will NOT be allowed in the KINGDOM OF GOD ....
But lets also be aware that those who are doing such things ARE NOT REAL CHRISTIANS ...they are WOLVES IN SHEEPS CLOTHING ..and we cannot lump every Christian together as being a WOLF >.
Because clearly there are MANY true believers who DETEST those wolves just as much as you all do ............................and do not sit amongst them
let alone do not condone the wicked things they do ......

He claims to not be a Christian ..and I agree with him ..he is not ..
Since a Christian believes that JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR OF MANKIND ..and that he DID EXIST in FLESH ...and that he died for us (appeasing the wrath of God for OUR SAKES) ..........took on the sins of the world for US WICKED PEOPLES OF EARTH >.*all of us ....

But I also agree that that does not mean we have free reign to SIN and that we will not pay for the things that we have done ..because certainly we are forgiven but there is according to scripture a RECORD being kept on what we have done since we believed and we will be held accountable for all things we do that are NOT PLEASING TO GOD ....

Which is why a true believer will have KILLED THE OLD MAN (The one who did all the wicked things) and will be RENEWED DAY BY DAY TO THE NEW MAN in CHRIST JESUS >>(The one who allows the HOLY SPIRIT (of whom is not in you unless you ACCEPT JESUS AS LORD) .... to CONVICT and CHANGE the OLD MAN within is the only ones who will ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN ....
No WOLF >..will be allowed in ...
Neither will any man who fools himself into believing he does the will of God when he in fact does his own will instead ...................

Anyway ...I refuse to discuss this any further with badmedia ..
As he does not care to hear any other opinion but his own ..
He is right and everyone else has it wrong in his eyes .
All he has is his ONE PLUS ONE ..which is seriously DISTURBING to me since GOD IS SUPERNATURAL (SPIRIT) and cannot be compared to a MATH PROBLEM >.......(this upsets me the most about him ) .....
SO WHATS THE POINT ?

Anyway have a great day ..
I really just wanted to post something INSPIRING to those who may not think the Lord is real ....
I didnt want it to turn into a battle ....between who is right and wrong when it comes to DOCTRINE >...........

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Was Jesus also guilty of pride? Why did they call him humble? Because a man tells you their honest opinion and view on things, that makes them guilty of pride?

See, the thing about accusing people of such things, is that the only way you can do it is to be guilty of the same thing to a higher degree.

You scold me for thinking I am right, and that others are wrong - yet you do the same exact thing don't you? The reason you don't like me is because you think I am wrong, and that you are right. So why do you accuse me, and then pretend you do not?

The truth is, every man(woman) will think they are right. This is just a fact of life, and rather than scolding people for it, you should understand it as part of the experience. Because if someone thought they were wrong, they would simply CHANGE THEIR MIND.

I have yet to meet a single person in my life who purposely say things they thought were wrong. Except of course unless it's a deliberate lie for personal profit, see plenty of that. But in how the person really is, EVERYONE thinks they are right.

So of course I think I'm right. I thought I was right when I was an atheist too. But when I found out I was wrong, I CHANGED MY MIND. See how that works? You do the exact same things, so please quit with the accusations.

In order to push another down, we must first put ourselves above them.

Such goes with the terroritory. How do you expect me to "fix" that which you accuse me of?

Am I to shrink down for the comfort of others?

Am I to pretend(lie) and post as if I do not know?

Am I to post as if I think I am wrong?

OR, is what you really want is for me to either post in agreement with your opinion, and never dare debate you, or just shut up?

I am the one who only wants to hear themselves according to you, yet you claim to put me on ignore, say you won't respond to me, and so forth. Yet I am the guilty one who refuses to listen to others?

As for Math, I use Math to show the difference between acceptance and understanding. Because most all people understand math, it is an easy example to express the difference. As you have understanding of math, then you yourself can see there is a difference between accepting and repeating 1+1=2 and actually understanding math.

And I show that because it is the same thing with these things. That there is a difference in understanding what the bible says, and repeating it. It is like a PARABLE, and is used to convey understanding.

Why is that SO important to me? Because knowledge of the holy is understanding. I do it so that people can maybe start to see what Jesus is really saying, and why it is so good, rather than being bombarded with people who do not understand and use fear to get religious converts.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

The only reason that should be disturbing to you is if you know you lack that understanding. We always deny in others what we ourselves lack. Thus, you deny it in me, and find it disturbing.

But chin up, because I have told you many times - you are still blessed. Being poor in spirit is not a sin.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
You deny that Jesus died for our transgressions ..
You deny that Jesus is the ONLY begotten Son of God ..
You deny the word of God as being the word of God .
You deny that Jesus is the only way to the father ..
(did I leave out some things ?)
Oh yeah that you are god ..and that Jesus may not have even actually come here (may not even be real ) ..................

Then you use some stupid math problem to explain your stance on everything .

Of course all that is irritating to me ...since you preach the complete opposite of what the truth really is ......I LOVE THE LORD and cannot stand to see the word of God twisted beyond recognition ...and you do that everytime you post scripture (which you claim isnt the truth yet you use it to prove your own truth) your just as bad as those you slam everyday (the church peoples etc)

1Cr 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

If you would actually rightly divide the word of God ...and actually read it you would see that Jesus spent most of his time EXPOUNDING The SCRIPTURES to the Apostles .......if the scriptures wasnt the word of God would he have used to it TEACH THEM ?
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

I have also showed you numerous times that Jesus died for us for a reason ..
1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.
Jhn 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Mat 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare [our] sicknesses.

I mean how can you deny that >??

Jesus himself says this
Jhn 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
Jhn 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Jesus gave his life for us WILLINGLY >....he had to swallow up death in victory for US >>.he had to take the wrath of God off of mankind or we would be death and hell bound ......HE WAS A PROPRIATION for our SINS (APPEASED GOD ) ....
THAT I DONT TAKE LIGHTLY ...........and I sure dont call him a liar as you do when you say this isnt true .............

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
One more thing ..

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

What part of that is so hard for you to believe ?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
One more thing ..

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

What part of that is so hard for you to believe ?

Because you do not understand what it means to believe. You don't understand what "is" Jesus, and what he represents and so forth.

I try to show you the deeper meanings to things, that there are entire things which you are blind too.

You tell me to "believe" in Jesus means to believe he died on the cross for my sins, and that I am saved by that. But that isn't what John 3:16 actually says is it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join