It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charla Nash........CHIMP VICTIM GRAPHIC!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This story came and went and it was awful when it came out. I don't think words could describe how bad this lady was mauled without actually seeing it. Her ears, lips, nose were ripped off and her eyes they couldn't save. My god. I honestly don't think I would want to live like her. I would have rather have died. How does everyone else feel? I don't know.......maybe I could.....god bless her. She is suing for a total of $250 million dollars. $50 million from her friend who owned the chimp and $150 million from the state for not seeing the warning signs. I think suing is pretty ridiculous except to cover her medical expenses and for her pain and suffering but how much money is really enough? I mean in my opinion this is why people should NEVER keep animals like a full grown chimpanzee as a pet. Same goes for lions, tigers and bears as well. Elephants too. Animals should remain wild or atleast in a zoo.

On another note my god just how strong are chimpanzees? Geesh! Vicious creatures too.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Please provide a link or links to the news story in question. Otherwise this could be just a photoshoped picture. I am not saying it is, but we won't know without the news story link with pictures.

[Edited] Oh.. I looked it up.. yeah this is real. I just hadn't heard of this yet.

Story here:
www.associatedcontent.com...

Travis the Chimp was the pet of 70-year-old Sandra Herold. He drank wine from a stemmed glass, clothed and bathed himself, enjoyed watering flowers and loved to watch the New York Yankees play baseball. After appearing agitated, Herold told the police she put Xanax in Travis the Chimp's tea, but to no avail. The chimp let himself out the kitchen door (he used a key on the locked door) and began hitting the car doors, indicating that he wanted to go for a ride. Sandra Herold then called her 55-year-old friend, Charla Nash, to assist her in corralling Travis and getting him back into the house.

When Charla Nash arrived, Travis the Chimp went on the attack. He overpowered her and began mauling her.

Sandra Herold retrieved a butcher knife from her kitchen and stabbed Travis several times, wrestling the irate chimpanzee off of her friend. Herold then frantically called the Stamford, Connecticut, police.

Herold initially told the dispatcher that the chimp was "eating" Charla Nash. Through Travis' grunts, Herold cries, "The chimp killed my friend!" Herold had hidden behind her vehicle to make the 911 call. "Send the police with a gun. With a gun!"

When asked who was killing her friend, Sandra Herold yells, "My chimpanzee! He ripped her apart! Shoot him, shoot him!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two thoughts on this.

Sarah should have never tried to help restrain the chimp because she was not qualified. I am not saying she deserved it or anything like that God No, that's horrible. But if you play with fire your going to get burned. Sarah should have known better than to try to help. She is partly at fault. Therefore she does not deserve to get that kind of money.

Was the woman who owned the chimp breaking any laws? What else do you know about this story?

[edit on 15-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't know and my main focus was more of a personal one..........who would want to live like that? Blind, disfigured, no hands etc. ?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ahh the triumph of the human spirit. People have been born without these things of which you speak and they are doing just fine. Sure it seem depressing but do this:

Sit there with your eyes closed for a while not moving.. then ask yourself.. Do You want to die? Chances are not. You will realize that you can still contribute to the world and experience things that can make you happy.

As long as the mind works and you have the ability to interact with your surroundings that is all that is required.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

20 years ago this lady would have probably died. It's more of a philosophical question. It's not about being able to live like that it's about WANTING to live like that if given the choice. I work with people that go through as much and more agony as this lady and they have no control over it. Modern medicine might have saved someone who would have other wise died. Where do we draw the line. Do we need a will that says if mauled by chimp don't let me live?

Also if there is life after death and it's wonderful and beautiful and all that why is it so hard for human beings to let go of life and enter death i.e. the other side? I think a lot of people are hypocrites. They talk big when it comes to 4th dimensions, awareness, love etc. But when death stares them in the face they fold and don't want to leave this Earth. If there is life after death in some sense I'd be happy to say I would never want to live like her. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
poor lady I really do feel bad for her pain. I could not imagine how I could live without eyes or a face. I would simply just want to die.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I agree with you. I think it is incredibly selfish to place yourself in a position where you will need constant care for several decades. I also think it is irresponsible for the medical teams to go through such lengths to place her in that situation, to the extent that she did not have the capacity to direct such medical care. She is an advertisement for a living will.

I have one - and it is to not have my family go through this kind of monkey business

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I would definitely like to know what type of a contribution she can bring into this world not being able to see and not being able to talk?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
MAN good lord!!!! damn the damage that chimp did...i wish ehr a speedy recovery. This incident, happened in my city, stamford CT. A cop, had to shoot the chimp, cause it was trying to get inside of the cop car..the owner was feeding the chimp, prozac for anxiety. The chimp wnated to go outside, and this woman, didnt want him out, thats when the chimp, Travis his name is, went crazy.
I also read, he snapped her hands off her wrists.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This gets me to thinking "what if Bonzo had gone off like this?". Ronald Reagan wouldn't have been president. GW Bush wouldn't have been vice president. Bush jr. probably wouldn't have been either. Darn chimps attacked the wrong person!
Sorry, I blame the owner for giving her chimp zanax. The physiology of humans and chimps are very different and no doubt the drugs act differently on chimps than humans. Wild animals should be left wild, and not become someone's "pets". I do have to admire the victim's spirit through all this, I'm not sure I would be as strong.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReAlIzAtIoN
I would definitely like to know what type of a contribution she can bring into this world not being able to see and not being able to talk?

Just in us discussing this situation/photo and contemplating such things as ... "There but for the grace of God go I."

She has much to contribute.

I work in health care and take care of totally helpless, tube fed individuals who cannot move or speak...... Oh, what they teach me.

Not that I agree it is worth anyones suffering to teach the rest of us. But... there is so, so much to learn.

Get a Living Will folks and discuss with your family your wishes.

top topics

join