It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to learn!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Four words. I want to learn.

I want to learn about everything. The stars, the oceans, animals, our bodies, sacred geometry, spirituality......the list could go on forever.

I realize these are some pretty broad topics, but that's where you come in.

If you could give me the name of some books, articles, whatever, that you have read and consider a must read. Well, I want to read them.

If you could be so kind and help me with my thirst for knowledge, I would be much obliged.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I've been an enthusiastic contributor to this thread and think it may be just the thing you're looking for:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was started by Lisa2012 - she invited us all to share one book or documentary per day and there are several pages of recommendations by her and other contributors.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Why thanks! This seems to be just the thing I am looking for.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
1) Thousands of primary and secondary sources on ancient and medieval arcane wisdom, from Egyptian mythology to esoteric Christianity and alchemy. Just scroll down and click by topic:
english.grimoar.cz...

2) Project Gutenberg: over 30,000 free e-books, mostly the classics and "great books:
www.gutenberg.org...

3)35,000 more free e-books (again, mostly classics and nonfic) from Penn University:
onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu...

4) MIT makes much of its course material available online for free:
ocw.mit.edu...

That ought to keep you busy for several decades. If not, there's always your good friends Google, YouTube, and Wikipedia.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by doped00

A very short story called "all the last wars at once" by george alec effinger. It's about 18 pages long.

Anything by asimov. In bts there's a thread on dr suess, relearn his genuis.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by doped00

Why do you want to learn about all these things?
Has something happened in your life for an awakening?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The best way to learn is to become rhyzomatic and mucoid: I don't mean this figuratively, but rather literally. First you must work on transforming your physical shape into a softer, more malliable form by will of mind. Then continue with the process until you look and move much like a limbless, blind sea-slug, say. At this point you can ooze over things, palpate them, and absorb their inherent spcio-temporal wisdom, leaving behind rills of slime as you slip in a semi-liquoid state to your next target of inquiry.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the links and the suggestions. Looks like I have my hands full now.

reply to post by Eurisko2012

Well, last night after I meditated, this urge to learn swept over me and brought me here.

reply to post by Lord Running Clam

I will try my best to become like a blind sea-slug.

new topics

top topics

join