It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez asking Cubans to 'bomb clouds' amid drought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Chavez asking Cubans to 'bomb clouds' amid drought

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez says he will join a team of Cuban scientists on flights to "bomb clouds" to create rain amid a severe drought that has aroused public anger due to water and electricity rationing.

Chavez, who has asked Venezuelans to take three-minute showers to save water, said the Cubans had arrived in Venezuela and were preparing to fly specially equipped aircraft above the Orinoco river.

"I'm going in a plane; any cloud that crosses me, I'll zap it so that it rains," Chavez said...

The article continues:

Many countries have programs aimed at altering weather patterns, commonly known as cloud seeding, although the effectiveness of such techniques is disputed.

Firing silver iodine at clouds is one common method. China uses rockets loaded with the chemical to spur rainfall in arid regions. Chavez did not say what technology the Cubans will use.

I guess everyone is getting in on the act.

Let's hope that during the mass rush to do this all over the globe, someone doesn't break something.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If these countries are causing water vapour to condense and rain, then that means this water vapour won't condense and rain elsewhere. So this is like stealing somebody else's rainwater, and may attribute to drought elsewhere.

Another excuse to start a war probably!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
If these countries are causing water vapour to condense and rain, then that means this water vapour won't condense and rain elsewhere. So this is like stealing somebody else's rainwater, and may attribute to drought elsewhere.

Another excuse to start a war probably!

No, you may have misinterpreted the way cloud seeding works. They need water vapour, or clouds for the operation to work. They are not creating clouds.

They then release silver iodide or dry ice within the cloud, stimulating the crystalisation of ice crystals, thus making larger water droplets, increasing the probability of rain.

Not a guaranteed method but not impossible

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

It would seem cloud seeding needs fairly specific conditions to actually have any effect.

Just recently cloud seeding has been shown to actually work here in Australia, but only in a few areas:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, your image is of an Evergreen firefighting tanker, not particularly ideal for cloud seeding.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Also, your image is of an Evergreen firefighting tanker, not particularly ideal for cloud seeding.

Really?

I lifted it from some source, but when going back, I realized that this precise image is used in a number of places representing cloud seeding.

See these, for example:

blog.puppetgov.com...

www.gizmag.com...

[edit on 15-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well there you go!

I've seen it used in chemtrail discussion before, not cloud seeding though.

Here's Evergreen's site describing the Supertanker:

www.evergreenaviation.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Lol

Chad is correct here Loam, Ive seen it used before to, and its definently an evergreen firefighting plane.

Also, they dont cloud seed in clear skies like the one in the image....it would be completely pointless

top topics

join