It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Decline of Mammals?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Oh, and apparently not all of the peril need be infectious disease:

Are Algae Mass Murderers?

...decomposing algae on a French beach killed a horse and rendered its rider unconscious this past summer...

James Castle and John Rodgers of Clemson University think that such algal blooms—triggered by warming water or an increase in nutrients—might be behind the five largest mass extinctions in Earth's history.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by loam]

Is it not extremely ironic that such a report treats "Water Nutrient Increase" as a purveyor of "Mass Extinctions", when all of our efforts to reduce river/tributary pollution runoffs has accomplished exactly that?

We even have people now who happen to be running around in an irrational panic stating that our banning of CFC's, and other Aerosols, which purportedly lead to the decreasing of the Ozone Hole Size over Antarctica, is now a problem. Certain individuals want for us to now REVERSE that, and they say that increasing the Ozone Hole Size is our only major hope in reducing and/or reversing "Global Warming".

So called "Scientific Studies" always seem to contradict one another on a near daily basis, and causes & effects seem to continuously swap places amongst eachother quite regularly indeed.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
So called "Scientific Studies" always seem to contradict one another on a near daily basis, and causes & effects seem to continuously swap places amongst eachother quite regularly indeed.

No question that is very often the case.

But unfortunately, the fact of 'the effect' does not often seem in doubt.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
In regards to he honeybees disappearing and whole hives, I'm wondering if it has something to do with all the new technology.

For instance all the microwave towers emitting signals for all the cell phones and all these new gadgets that are invented every month.

They say bees (and other insects/animals) have a built in magnetic North so they can navigate, such as birds flying South for winter.

They did experiments with magnets and some one-celled organisms on one of those discovery channels and found that wherever in the basin of organisms they placed the magnetic energy, the organisms would follow like a school of fish all at one time.

So maybe the bees and other animals are being disorientated and not being able to live as they were meant to be.

Just a thought.

~ Noah

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by noah1111
In regards to he honeybees disappearing and whole hives, I'm wondering if it has something to do with all the new technology.

For instance all the microwave towers emitting signals for all the cell phones and all these new gadgets that are invented every month.

They say bees (and other insects/animals) have a built in magnetic North so they can navigate, such as birds flying South for winter.

They did experiments with magnets and some one-celled organisms on one of those discovery channels and found that wherever in the basin of organisms they placed the magnetic energy, the organisms would follow like a school of fish all at one time.

So maybe the bees and other animals are being disorientated and not being able to live as they were meant to be.

Just a thought.

~ Noah

YES.

YES.

YES.

YES.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Meh, I hate pictures of dead animals.. the poor sea otter was especially disturbing..

I'd ask if there is anything we can do.. but if we don't even know why it's almost impossible to prevent. I wonder when the next virus will hit Humans (and I am not talking about biologically engineered like "swine flu" which was a hoax) .. I mean a virus that will kill off a large percentage of the population Black Plague style..

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by noah1111

I'd say it's possible, maybe not probable. This technology is not new, it's been around for a while now.. and these die offs just started out of the blue one or two years ago it seems.

I would say perhaps a natural disruption of our magnetic field/north/south could cause weather patterns to change and disrupt food, migration, mating etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Nice thread, and I feel like I must add this youTube, now, it is about chemtrails, and I do not think it is Off-topic, just listen to the man, he has alot of good Vids on his channel.

When is the Government going to tell the truth about the Chemtrails?" "Why are the USA Army CIA Jets permitted to secretly fly over every Country and spray poisons, viruses, and heavy metals to destroy our health and wildlife and Birds by the millions?" "When will people rise up against this treachery and evil destruction of the World by lies and stealth using the NWO and 'Agenda 21' as the conduit to infiltrate every Government with fraudulent scientific reports?" "When will the staff of MEDIA rise up and be loyal to their Country of origin, rather than to spread LIES and be puppets of the NWO global control?"

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Right on... as George Carlin used to say (I'm paraphrasing)... we're not killing the planet, we're killing ourselves... the planet's going to be just fine.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It depends on what is meant by "the planet is going to be just fine." We may in fact make our planet 'unworkable' for any future technological species. By stripping the earth of it's natural resources, minerals, etc and spreading them ubiquitously over the land, sea, and air, (where they will also become toxins almost indefinitely) we may be in fact 'hosing' this planet. For example, it is 'possible' for the earth to permanently loose it's atmosphere as a result of human activity (amongst a whole lot of less dire but serious scenarios causing permanent damage).

[edit on 16-11-2009 by whatsup]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Nice of you to care about them, thanks s&f.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Good post.

Reminds me of the "mass extinction" events we hear about about past eras...I wonder if we're in the midst of another "mass extinction" ?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

That's what I was thinking myself. This could possibly be a natural? cycle that the world goes through.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Many people here have already voiced my thoughts and opinions. Starred and flagged for such an important issue. I just adore animals, reptiles, amphibians. I don't care if it's a bat or frog or whatever, they make me happy and I don't want to see them die.

<< 1   >>

join