It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 for 2 on finding water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
In june of 2008 Nasa's Phoenix Lander captured photos of water ice on Mars. This was the first confirmed water source outside of Earth and it rocked the scientific community. The implications were huge. If water is on Mars, a manned mission wouldn't need to haul the enormous weight of drinking water, nor a large amount of food stores as food could then be grown upon arrival, nor the extra weight for oxygen, nor the extra fuel for that weight, nor the extra fuel for the return trip as fuel can be made from the hydrogen from the indigenous water. That brings a manned mission to Mars into the realm of possibility.

Now a little more than a year later NASA confirms vast amounts of water on the moon.
Not only are the implications of moon water huge, but this is only the second time NASA has even pursed confirmation of water on another celestial body and has found it. Could this mean that the more NASA looks, the more it will find it? Could it be that water, the essential life element, is on just about every body in our solar system and throughout our universe? If so, it could be only a matter of time before little microbes or even single celled organisms will be found. Confirmation of life on another planet could be right around the corner.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
someone should really definately go up there to live...

how bout guantanemo bay?

Its the perfect thing especially for obama... no human rights in space.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I was thinking more one a Illuminati scenario, where on earth a WW3 scenario would be imminent, and the use of weapons of mass destruction would be used, so they would be there on the moon living, and importing more resources from the earth..

Other scenario would be a possible meteor impact, and they would be there too

Dunno

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Wow! I didn't expect that when I posted a topic about water abundance in the universe and possible life that I would get a reply about Obama taking over the world and one about the Illuminati taking over the solar system.
Maybe the next reply can be from someone saying NASA finds H1N1 in the moon water.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ok now seriously

I'm expecting NASA to build a space station on the moon, now that water is available, and make research of the space on it, and make water analysis to determine whatever they can.

top topics

join