It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some member insist on being so rude?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Unfortunately this is the internet and you will get responses like what you have mentioned so take it in your stride and don't let it get to ya.... learn to focus your energy on positiveness.... ignore the ones who put you down..... simple as that.

BTW Don't cry!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Schleprock

I agree with you 100%... We might be loosing a lot of possible stories along with a lot of new members because of the people on here that insist on being rude.

I have had this on several threads that I have posted and it always seems to be the same people. Then there is always the other members that are friends of these Trolls and just add fuel to the fire consistently.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a "Members Board" to vote on certain people that have had a certain number of "Warnings"... Look into their post history and determine whether or not if it's beneficial to boot a person. Majority of votes wins!

On certain members it isn't hard to pick out who a troll is around here. Next time you come across one, just look at their thread history and you will see a pattern. Maybe if they get ignored enough... hopefully, they will just leave. But, unfortunately... when you get rid of one... there is always another one to take their place.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It seems that anonymity gives people a license to be rude.

I will always maintain decorum whether I'm in your face or online.

I just try to rise above and realize people's sensitivities are wide, varied and sometimes confusing.

It's funny in real life when I'm 6' tall and 200 lbs that I've rarely ever had a negative word said to me.

Got flipped off a lot in my truck though.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You don't get much return fire if you are not hitting close to the enemy.
Some people have no manners, and by their works shall ye know them.
ATS posters vary in age from 11 to 90.
If you can waste enough "40 seconds" of some miscreants life you have in effect killed it, which is "A Good Thing"-Martha Stewart.
Don't worry too much about what faceless people with fake names say about you, just know you've managed to distract their hate from somebody else for a little while.
When all else fails, hire a hit man.
Just kidding.
No hit man.
Cheers!
Luminaught

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I must admit that sometimes I am very upset after reading some false statement, and particulary when it's about subject I work one (geologist, here we come).

What makes me being rude is the statement and the copying of false fact, we no further researches by the poster before sharing here on ATS.

I've read some crazy thing about geology, and yes I admit being rude sometimes, but it's because spreading ignorance by wrong teachings will never do us any good.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Don't forget the stalkers.

People who visit each of your comments purely for the purpose of trashing anything you say.

I have yet to see anything done about that.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Solenki

Try being in a family full of virologists and micro biologists with all this swine flu crap going on.....

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This topic seems to pair up nicely with the Hate on ATS thread. I wish I could say that ATS has become a much better place to post your ideas and opinions without facing hateful remarks but I would be lieing to you. Care to see what a discussion about hate brings out in people?

Only kind of hate allowed on ATS

Good luck on ATS and take care. Also, you may want to put another layer of skin on as thick is the only way to survive here.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I whole heartedly agree that there are a lot of people on here that are rude...or start bragging on how smart they are compared to you because they had the oppotunity to go to college and get a degree all kinda crap like that. Just because someone is educated doesnt mean he is smarter than anyone else!!

I originally started reading on ATS to find websites that are about ancient history and ghost and a little on aliens.

I thank the peeps who go out of their way doing their own research and then posting what they believe in here they have been a great source for me to look at some pretty cool websites,pics,video clips, and documentaries hats off to you!!!!!
and keep up the good work

and remember most peeps on here are cool as # and will help you find some info if you just ask

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
My message to SOME ATS MEMBERS IS THIS

TRY TO HAVE SOME GOD DAMN MANNERS!

You had me until I got to this part of your post.

People who make threads on the internet are REAL people! With REAL feelings.

Maybe people are fed up angry with the political correctness that's killing this country.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

i'm so sorry this happened to you, haydn. i understand what you mean and will remind myself (i have leaky memory so don't be surprised if i fall off the wagon from time to time) that i'm not the only person with feelings who come here.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I think the problem is some have no life,they may stay indoors playing video games and have very little interaction with others,in essence they have no life and you know what they say,misery needs company IMO

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

ARE YOU FREAKIN' SERIOUS!!! THERE WAS CHALK DUST GODDAMMIT!!!

In all seriousness, you must be surfing some pretty tame boards.

I think quite the opposite. This is one of the softest sites I have ever seen.

The amount of Big Brother hyper over-moderation on here drives me CRAZY!

Let people SPEAK their minds for better or worse. Nobody dies.

Forthright expression, venting, vigorous debate etc etc are HUMAN.

Let's roll!

PS - YOU LOOKING AT ME? LOL! PEACE!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

You will find christian republicans are all the same m8, take no notice

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Im actually shocked, this is the first website i have ever been on in 9 years where members have actually been rude to each other, (and i have been a member on a lot of forums)

Here is an example here:

stop wasting your and everybodys bandwidth with this trash please..do something constructive or not at all dude...think off the time your losing out on earth looking for pigs in space.

and

Stop wasting your own time and everybody's time

These where some responses i got on a recent thread, and i did make a note of it being the FIRST time i had used a photo editing program..

I ask is it really necessary?

If you dont have something worthy to say dont say it at all.

Discussion is welcome of course.

A simple " Nice first try, but i dont see anything out of the ordinary" Would of been nice.

Not a, "omg your such a loser, i cant beleive i spent 40 seconds of my life looking at this" Kind of response.

Its like ATS has been over taken by 12 year old..

My message to SOME ATS MEMBERS IS THIS

TRY TO HAVE SOME GOD DAMN MANNERS!

People who make threads on the internet are REAL people! With REAL feelings.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Haydn_17]

True, but also keep in mind most folks who choose harsh words on the net would never talk to anyone like this face to face. Like our good friend that posted, on veterans day, a thread titled *To those who have served, you are not all heroes. I challenge that individual to say that to a vet in person. Its alright man. Dont get all hot and bothered by ignorant people.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have probably been one of the types..."probably"
I have a bad habit of bringing what mood im in to my posts, and im up and down like a yo-yo. Hopefully most people shrug it off and move on without feeling negative because of it and the implications to the thread created. But everyones different. I have a bad habit of having one too many and posting aswell, shouldn't be allowed near electrical equipment never mind discussing intricate topics with people. All hail firefox spellcheck...number one tool for the drunken ATS poster! hides it beautifully. ATS is a big place with alot of folks well researched in their favorite topic/topics, sometimes it's simply frustration at the thread/post for various reasons without any intention of being rude to the poster or putting them down. Course you will simply get the people that leap at the chance to bash someone night or day for no reasons, they are easy to spot though. Rant over.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I saw some pretty rude posts before I ever decided to join, and I must admit...they were pretty harsh.

But it is an internet forum, so I guess what you see is what you get. But I do agree with the original poster 100%.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
To the OP,

I can relate fully to what you are saying.

The reason I came to ATS was to be able to have civil conversations or debates with people. I wanted to get away from the everyday "you watch way too many sci-fi movies", the smirks, rolling eyes and laughing at me for everything I say.

I've even had people telling me I'm going to hell for reading the things I am reading...

I came here to hear the point of view of others, so that I could learn. Learn about myself, how I think and how others think.

But sometimes on this site, people can really make you feel worthless, stupid and make you feel like maybe everyone else around you is right... Many times I have felt like quitting .

The truth is, it's worse here than in real life.
Here are some of the things I've seen on this site - "this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen, what a waste of time!" - "what a loser" - "go outside into the real world, maybe you'll gain some perspective" - "you're just a loser who hides in your mothers basement & has nothing better to do than post online all day" ...... And those where some of the nice ones!

This one (in one of my threads) particularly hurt my feelings -

"If you have nothing better to do than link an inocent and productive initiative to reptilian overlords you need to spend some time outside your apartment and in the real world.

you sir are a discrediting this site"

For God's sake! I thought this was a conspiracy website!

I can honestly say, I have never posted such rude comments to a thread. If I don't agree I just move on or post in a respectful manner.

We are all people at the end of the day.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join