It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hostel ??? the films ????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
not sire if this in is the right place but here i go. i know the films are a few years old but ive just re-watched the hostel films. i got to thinking could this sort of thing really happen or could it happen? whats your thoughts on it?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If you had ever visited Eastern Europe you would know that this kind of stuff could without a doubt happen...Men with money and power go to a simple small village that is for the most part autonomous and pay off the local police man(1 police man for most villages) and all the citizens are afraid of them so they can do anything they want. I have traveled to most Eastern European countries and all over Russia and came to see that they will do almost anything for money and there is very little involvement from the government if any in their entire lives. Most villages have a small group of local peacemakers and in the smallest ones they don't have anyone to protect them.

Just my insight on the issue at hand. I have never witnessed anything like Hostel but I could see how it could happen!!!

LifENcircleS

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately, almost anything you can imagine has either been done before, or is being done right now.
So I would say its possible. The people in the movie that belong to the secret society are hinted at being important people in society, and probably filthy rich.
And I would say the upper 2% of the world that could afford that sort of thing, and would be interested, versus the number of people willing to form/operate a secret society like that......well, run the equation.

There's a market for bathrobes that you wear backwards (Snuggies), sweaters for your dog/cat/gerbil, and high-heeled shoes that have LED lights in them. So I would say the market for human torture business is a possibility.

Personally, I think those movies are vile. Im a horror movie junkie, but those films seem to border on being pure smut, for the sake of shock value.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Elite Hunting, probably not. However, I have heard a case where in which I believe it was Thailand, rich western men would pay to shoot and kill convicted prisoners.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Actually I have read up on some of this in regard to the hostel movies and it has been hinted at that it's actually based on truth. There is a market for this and also the pedophile rings. You should google disappearances of european or other country nationals backpacking in Europe and other places (Caraco). Where do you think the term Snuff films came from years ago. It came ito being because they where being made in parts of the world where rich people and people that where connected could get films of this nature. If you think those are fake, try searching through a P2P service or google for Woman shot in the head in chair. I saw that small 30 second clip where she is sitting down and a man off screen with a gun in screen with a gun at her head makes her say snuff films are real and shoots her. Many say that was fake, but let yourself decide. I think it was real (could have been photoshoped)

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I agree with all the statements made thus far. Horrible, atrocious acts like that, that are being depicted in the "hostel" movies are probably actually happening
Anyone familiar with Cathy O'Brien would know about these sort of "snuff" films enjoyed by mostly the powerful and elite...If what she is saying is in fact truth, than this is a truly sick world we live in.

*BTW anyone notice the Dog head tattoo that the torturers had on their arms? Anybody know why this symbol was picked for use in the movie??

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
Many say that was fake, but let yourself decide. I think it was real (could have been photoshoped)

It's obviously a fake.

But i'm sure snuff films do exist.

Just not that one.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

No, I don't think so.
Psychopaths (according to most info) enjoy the hunt and idea of getting caught, and so much localized attention.
It could however happen in the future, when the confines of the current "kicks" become banal.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Thank you Inertia! THANK YOU THANK YOU

These movies just plain sucked. I love horror films...gimme Halloween any day (my favorite)

These days some horror films just want to go for shock value...period

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
tattoo was the dog blood hound.hunting dog tracks humans....

en.wikipedia.org...
on snuff films i dont think any of us normal people will ever get to see one they'll be so under ground and probs made to order.saying that am sure they be one or two floating about.... id say all "snuff" films on the net will be fake. faces of death,death scenes are not snuff films as most of you will know.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
You can buy anything with money...

Does it happen now? Maybe, maybe not, could it happen if someone with enough money wanted it to? Yes, it most certainly could.

It is scary how simple it could be to kidnap someone in a country with little in the way of police presence, once you've got them and nobody knows you have, as long as they don't escape you can do whatever you like... It really is quite scary when you think of it.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
MHO... If it didn't happen before... I'm sure it happens now since the film industry glamorized this and actually made it enticing to have that much money and power to do whatever it is you want.

Everything is for sale... If someone is willing to pay for it... Someone is willing to supply it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is why I don't like the idea of travelling in exploitable countries, especially third world ones, because of these sorts of films and stories. I don't want to say whether they could or could not happen, because I don't want to think about it, but that's because I hate torture films and films based around their gore factor. I love horror films, like others who have commented on this thread, but I just want to see cheapo prosthetics and laughable monsters terrorizing people and such. I don't want to sit there seeing people killing other people that are strapped to chairs or whatever, it's cheap and boring and-and horrible.

Still, I do have, like most people, quite a lot of morbid curiosity when it comes to things like this, and- although I would like nothing less than seeing a snuff film or some sort of Hostel like situation- I wouldn't mind knowing whether it all really does happen. But no body tell me for gawd sake or I'll be sick!
No hostel for moi!

Rama D. Filofax on cheap nasties

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I love the Hostel movies.

But you know, just for a reference, the last time there was a snuff film discussion on ATS the thread got trashed.

So I'd say go ahead and keep talking about the movies, but snuff film philosophy might be off limits.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LifENcircleS

I'm from Eastern Europe and trust me that doesn't happen. There are no places as the "hostel" here. You can't just pay someone to kill another person like that.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The creators of the movie annoyed me. They said the movie was filmed in Slovakia which s not true as the movie was filmed in Czech Republic. The people all spoke in Czech and at the end the train station, the sign stated a Czech town. In Slovakia we do not have the accent on the R. So next time creators should learn their geography

top topics

join